And Land.

Beautiful

// made up definition //

1. what sophia is to michael

--------------------------------------

Michael and Sophia were in his old car that Sophia constantly made fun of him for, driving down dirt roads to almost out of business camp grounds, run down motels and sometimes, just the middle of nowhere. But it never really mattered where they were, everything seemed so right, Michael was with Sophia and Sophia was with Michael, next to each other's sides the whole week. It was how they liked it.

The rest of the road trip had become one of Michael's fondest memories of Sophia. Something he'd remember and think of constantly over the years. How Sophia had gotten easily excited by different things they found at roadside attractions. How she would kiss him at random moments during the day. How at night, after they had set up in a new campground, they would go exploring hand in hand.

They had stumbled across a beach on the fourth night, the moon reflecting across the still water. The sea was a dark mirror reflecting the moon's beams onto Sophia, she had never looked more beautfiul to Michael. It was the first time he wished he'd brought a camera with him to capture her in this beauty, her hair being flown back lazily by the wind coming off the sea, the light dancing on her skin, her eyes bright and alive. A picture would never be able to capture this anyway, so Michael just enjoyed it now, trying to store every bit of this in memory.

Sophia had caught him staring and kissed him lightly on the nose, having to stand on her toes to reach his head. Michael had kissed her back, forgetting about storing this in memory. He'd never been good about focusing when Sophia was near him anyway.

"I love you," He had whispered to his best friend.

"I know," She had replied.

By the end of the week, neither of them really wanted to leave. They just wanted to drive. Drive forever in any direction, as long as Michael was by Sophia's side and Sophia was by Michael's. As I've said, that was the way they liked it.

They listened to music in the car, Michael singing along to the song on the radio. Sophia just listened, always loving to listen to Michael sing. Sophia smiled to herself as she looked out the window, Michael couldn't see it, which was a shame, because he liked it when Sophia smiled.

------------------------------------------

We parked Michael's old-rattling-piece-of-junk car in his driveway, walking in to see his parents. His mom and dad were sitting at the table in the kitchen, drinking from mugs. His mom turned around to face us as we walked in, smiling at me.

"Hi Sophia," She smiled, getting up to give me a hug, "how was the road trip?"

"It was really good," I began, looking over at Michael, who had disappeared up to his room to put away his duffel bag. I cursed at him silently, but decided since he wasn't here I'd leave it to him to tell him parents what had happened. "I should probably put my stuff away."

"Okay hon, nice to know the trip went well." His mom smiled.

I walked out of his house and crossed the yard to mine, heading upstairs as I yelled a 'Hello' to my parents. I walked into my room and saw my sister lying on my bed playing Minecraft on her computer.

"Get up Elena," I groaned, hitting her gently with my backpack. She got off my bed, glaring at me.

"Nice to have you home, Sofa," She grumbled, walking out of my room and down the hall with her laptop in her hands.

"I'm not a couch!" I yelled back, ready to follow her down the hallway to her room.

I heard someone begin to rapidly bang on my window, stopping me from following my sister. I turned around expecting to see Michael, but I saw his mom standing there instead. I walked to my window, opening it up, confused.