Blizzard

Sickie: Yugyeom

Caregiver: GOT6

Jaebeom's POV.:

The news had been warning of a blizzard headed towards our town for the last few days which was expected to hit within the next two days. People were asked to stay at home if possible and avoid leaving the safety of a building. We were compiling a shopping list to stock up on foods and other necessities to get us over the duration of the storm. Well, mostly Mark, Jinyoung and I were. Jackson, Youngjae and Bambam were just adding different chips flavors, claiming if they were stuck inside, they'd have to have movie nights. I turned around when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hyung, could you also add tissues, cough drops and maybe cold medicine to the list?", Yugyeom asked shyly, causing me to frown. "Why? Are you sick?", I asked, studying his face for any signs of illness. He scratched his neck awkwardly. "No. But, I don't know, I think I might be coming down with something. Not sure though. Might be wrong. Just thought if the storm really gets as bad as they're saying, it'd suck having to go out then", rambling, he avoided my eyes. "Yah, the maknae's right. Better safe then sorry", Jinyoung announced, noting the youngest's request along with some other emergency stuff Jackson blurted out. "Guys, don't overreact. We'll be stuck for a few days. A week at most and we might still be able to go out during the storm, but yeah, Yugyeom got a point", I reasoned. We were finishing up our shopping list and I was arguing with myself whether to drag the annoying trio consisting of Jackson, Youngjae and Bambam with me to the stores, so they could spend some time out of the dorm before being stuck there for a short while or to leave them behind for the sake of my nerves. They made the decision themselves, claiming they needed to make sure we wouldn't forget their chips. Jinyoung also tagged along at the pleading look I sent him, to keep them in check. Mark wanted to stay at home and Yugyeom had already disappeared back to his room when the five of us left for the stores.

Yugyeom's POV.:

I sat on my bed after the awkward conversation with my hyungs. I was most certainly coming down with something, if I wasn't already. There was a dull pressure behind my eyes and my throat burned every time I swallowed. Luckily, it wasn't audible in my voice quite yet, so nobody could tell. Scrolling through my phone, my thoughts anxiously wandered back to being stuck with the entire group in a small apartment for days. It had been a while since all members were home at the same time and usually I would have been happy about us all spending some time together without at least one member missing but I didn't feel so well. I don't like my members to know when I don't feel good. They always worry so much and it makes me uncomfortable. The more members are home, the more likely it is for somebody to notice. Especially after I spoke up about my concern earlier but I had to. I didn't feel like leaving the house and I also didn't feel like secretly stocking up but I also knew I might really need some stuff, so giving a small hint was the only option I had. The phone fell from my hand, shifting my attention to the tremors in my fingers. To fidgety to sit still, I got up from my bed and decided to get a drink, hoping to find some kind of distraction on the way to the kitchen. The dorm was quiet as I padded to the kitchen. I had some troubles pouring me a glass of juice, getting startled by Mark who had appeared behind me seemingly out of nowhere and spilling some. He apologized for sneaking up on me and helped me clean before grabbing himself a snack, which was the reason he had come to the kitchen in the first place.

I was about to flee back to my room when I felt his hand on my shoulder. Turning back around, I tried to mask the fear in my eyes. "What's up, Gyeommie?" – "Haha, nothing much", my hand went up to scratch the back of my head. "You know, I can tell something's not right. It's fine if you don't want to talk about it but you know you can always come to me", he smiled sadly and I considered my options. Right now, it only was the two of us and I knew Mark, he would stay quiet if I asked him to. It would be nice to get my worries of my chest by simply saying them out loud and for that Mark was probably the first choice as a listener anyways. He was about to walk away, only stopping when I grabbed his wrist. "C-Can we talk in my room?"