our outing

ok but the disses in this chapter are immaculate

***

JAMES

"Okay, why the fuck would anyone like pineapples on pizza?" 

Gavin asks this, glaring at Will from across the table as if Will had just told him that he killed kittens for a living.

Will raises up both hands in defense. "It honestly isn't that bad. Haters are just hating for no good reason."

"I'm sorry Will, but it's kind of wrong," this is where Alyssa chirps in, leaning forward in her seat.

"The combination is pretty fucked up," Andrea adds from next to her, giving Will a shrug. "I mean, who puts fruits on pizza?"

Maddy laughs from next to me, glancing towards Will. "I mean, you may as well just admit that you put the milk before the cereal, too."

"Calm the fuck down," Will says, hand running through his hair. "I haven't reached that level yet."

Kayla laughs from next to him, "It can't be that bad."

Will nods quickly at her with an "exactly."

"No," Gavin speaks up again, "It's worse. It's an insult to Italians everywhere."

Eyes flicker over to him in moments, Gavin carefully taking a sip out of his soda.

"You're Italian?" Andrea finally asks.

"Well," Gavin shrugs, "my great great grandma was," he squints, "or something like that."

Will lets out a playful scoff, "If you aren't even certain about your Italian roots, you can just keep your opinion on pizza to yourself."

"Oh, shit," an amused laugh escapes Maddy's lips, her eyes widening as grins travel through the atmosphere.

I try to contain an echoing laugh as I almost choke on my water.

Gavin raises a hand to his chest before narrowing his eyes at him, "shut the fuck up, Irish."

Andrea flicks her hand back and forth as if she's just been burned by fire and I let out a low whistle.

"If you're saying that because my last name is McClain, then I don't know what to tell you." Will shrugs. " I've never met an Irish person in my life and I don't know where the fuck my surname came from in the first place."

Gavin takes a slow sip out of his soda. "Alright."

"And also," He glares at the rest of the people on the table, nudging my leg underneath the table without removing his glare from our friends, "Don't knock it 'till you've tried it."

"I mean, I'm not trying that disgrace, but we all respect your opinion," Gavin says, nodding towards everyone at the table who nod along with him.

"Thank you," Will replies, easy grin sliding onto his face.