Chapter 20

Your in for a long chapter 😅

Malcolm's POV

Pulling up in my driveway and shutting off my headlights, just to be engulfed in pure darkness made me realized how late it really was.

I wasn't gone that long.

Sure you weren't. If you call driving around the area that Tori's mom is staying in like a lost puppy 'not gone too long' then yeah, you weren't gone long at all.

I sighed at my sarcastic mind before I got out of the car and made my way to the door. I froze midstep when I realized my door was slightly ajar.

I'm sure I locked it.

From the little crack, I could see the light on in the foyer and a shadow moving around. I quickly took out the gun that I always kept for safety from my waistband and turned the safety off, pointing it towards the door. My hand hovered over the door.

Okay Malcolm, it's either now or never.

I pushed the door open with my foot and aimed the gun, ready to pull the trigger at the possible threat. I took slow strides into the house, finding the foyer completely empty. I was about to turn to scope out the living room when the cocking of a gun caught my attention. Before I could do anything, I felt the gun pressed to the back of my head.
"Don't. Move."hearing the voice sent chills throughout my body. Already knowing who it was, I complied to their command.
"Now drop the gun, put your hands in the air, and turn around slowly."
Complying to his demand once again, I came face to face with him.
"Why are you in my house?"I gritted out.
"I'm the one who should be asking questions Malcolm, not you."he waved the gun around for emphasis.
"Now tell me Malcolm, why did one of my henchmen report to me that he saw you meet up with Elijah and the others?"he continued, raising his eyebrows. I didn't know how to respond. I wouldn't dare lie to him, so I just stood there and stared at him.
"Answer me!"
I didn't though.
He let out a humorless chuckle.
"Give me a reason why I shouldn't kill you right here?"he asked, turning the saftey on his gun off. I knew I wouldn't make it out of this one alive, so I did what I had to do.
"Because you'll have to catch me first."

Elijah's POV

I was in my room with Leo trying to come up with a list of persons who we think might've taken Tori.
"Who do you have so far?"Leo asked before glancing at my list.
"So far, I have Malcolm, Dylan and Cleo. Malcolm's out of it because he confessed to having no control over the situation."I sighed.

I'm not getting any closer to finding her.

"And then there were two. Who do you think it would most likely be?"the desperation could be heard in Leo's voice.
"I honestly don't k-"

You have an incoming call.

I was cut off by my Alexa notifying me that my phone was ringing on my desk. I got up and slid my finger across the screen, accepting the call without even checking the caller's ID.
"Hello?"
"Elijah, it's Malcolm. I don't have much time, so listen to me and listen to me good. If you're going to find Tori, you're going to need help. Go and find her mother, mother's have a specialty in finding things you can't, and that should come in handy."Malcolm rushed that all out in one breath. I could hear his footsteps resonating through the phone and distant ones in the background. I also heard gunshots being fired every 20 seconds.

Is he in trouble?

"Malcolm, are you alright. Are you in trouble?"I was up on my feet, pacing back and forth in my room, causing Leo to look at me in worry.
"Find her I tell you! Find her mother before he does! She's staying at 489 Brooklyn Heights. When you find her, protect her with your life. I won't be there to do that anymore."I could tell that he stopped running because his footsteps came to a halt. The way he whispered the last part made him sound, defeated.
"Malcolm, where are you? I'm coming to get you."
"It's too late for me kid. Save yourself. Just make sure to tell Simone that I will always love her."