skinny dipping

AN: omg I just realized this has over 2k reads which might not be much but I still feel accomplished, anyway hope you're enjoying the story and remember to vote and comment:)

"OOH MACKENZIE AND RICK!" I had finally realized what Jane's boyfriend's name was as Dustin shouted out who the bottle had pointed to. Mackenzie and Rick met each other's lips for a moment and now it was Maizy's turn to spin the bottle.

I hadn't been camping in forever. The nice night breeze flew around us. Only bad part about camping is the mosquitos. And well a lot of other things but we're only here for two days so it's fine.

"Better land on me." I smirked to her. I had never actually played spin the bottle before and it probably would've been better with more people, especially people who weren't only my friends.

"I don't need a bottle to tell me when to kiss you." She winked at me and spun the green bottle around in a circle. It went around a few times before finally landing on Mackenzie. Mackenzie leaned into Maizy and kissed her. I stared at them for more than a few moments, this kiss was much longer than her and Jane's boyfriend. I started counting the seconds,

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

And finally they broke apart. Mackenzie had the nerve to laugh. Maizy wiped her lips. The game continued with no questions asked about the length of their kiss. Once it was Mackenzie's turn again the bottle just passed me, and landed on Maizy. Great. Before they kissed, again, I got up and walked to the shimmering lake on the other side of the trees. The lake was quite pretty actually. I found a tree stump to sit on.

It took Maizy a good 60 seconds before she came to ask what's wrong. Enough time for her to have had a short make our session with Mackenzie.

"What was all that about?" I questioned her actions.

"What was what all about?"

"Um, your kiss that lasted longer than it should have."

"Em, we were playing spin the bottle." She moved my hair out of my face.

"Whatever." I stood up.

"Emory? Seriously it was just the game I'm sorry if the kiss was long. It doesn't mean anything."

"Okay." I smiled again. She took my hand and led me inside our blue tent. I slept the most decent sleep one could in sleeping bags. Maizy was always comfortable to lay next to.

When I woke up Maizy was gone. My first thought, of course, was it was Friday the 13th and everyone was dead. But it was the Saturday the 15th. I sat up and searched the tent again, noticing her phone was still here. I quietly zipped open the tent and searched our small camp ground. There was three tents and from what I could tell from the see through tents, two people were gone. Maizy and Mackenzie.

"Maizy?" I called out in a whisper not really expecting her to answer. I followed a pair of footsteps along the dirt. It felt very humid outside. I found the shimmering lake again this time with two people in it.

"Maizy?" I called out to her again. She had been laughing but now looked to me.

"There you are!" She smiled and swam towards me. "Sorry I didn't wake you but I figured you wanted your beauty sleep."

"It's okay." I smiled and grabbed her hand.

"Join us?" She put her bottom lip out to pout and try and convince me.

"I didn't bring a bathing suit."

"We didn't either."

"OH." It took me a moment to respond as I looked down and saw the outline of her body. The lake wasn't clear enough to tell they had been skinny dipping at first. As much as I totally wanted to be in a lake with Maizy, without clothes, I did not want to be there with Mackenzie too.

"Maybe later."