Chapter 19 - One of them?

‘Remy, we’re going now,’ Zach says sticking his head in the tent. ‘What?! The sun’s barely up yet,’ I whine closing my eyes again and rolling to my side.

‘C’mon Remy, Daniel says we should start moving again. You’re the only one asleep right now, everyone else is outside waiting.’

‘Noooo,’ I moan, rolling onto my stomach with my head tucked in my arms.  ‘Remy,’ he says, but I could barely hear him because I was half a sleep again.

‘Remy!’ he says louder shaking my leg.

I move my legs away pulling them half way to my chest and roll to my side again his voice a distant blur.

‘Remiah, c’mon!’ this time it was someone else, ‘Remiah, we gotta go now!’ it was Tony. I realised he always calls me Remiah and never Remy, that or something else I didn’t like.

I ignore them both then hear Zach and Tony get up and talk to someone outside, then someone else comes in and tries to wake me up.

It was Daniel. ‘Remy, I know you’re still sleepy. But we’re going right now.’ I half open an eye to the bottom of where I could hear his voice from and see him looking at me on his knees; Billy’s legs just outside as he listened.

‘Remy…’ he says crawling closer before squatting on his feet next to me, ‘we gotta go now, whether you like it or not. Don’t make one of us carry you again-’

‘No,’ I cut him off, ‘I can walk myself.’ I sit up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes before looking at him looking at me. He grins, ‘good then let’s go… now,’ he says back to his crawling position.

I look down with my head in my hands, ‘can we at least wait for the sun to rise? Let me just have them few extra minutes.’ By the time I look at him again he was out of the tent, I lay back down and in less than a minute Billy comes crawling inside before I could shut my eyes for just ten seconds.

I open my eyes and a little screech comes out, ‘jeez, Billy you scared me!’ I exaggerate closing my eyes again.

‘Remy! Open your eyes we’re leaving. Now.’ He says, boredom and authority in his voice, I sigh and look at Billy staring at me.

‘Seriously? Now you?’ I mock lazily.

‘Remiah c’mon, I’ll drag you if you don’t get out,’ He warns. I narrow my eyes at him as if daring him to even try. ‘No! You most of all can't tell me what to do. And from what I hear you only just “joined” not long ago, so um. No!’

‘Fine, suit yourself,’ he smirks, a mischievous glint in his eyes. He moves back a little gets out of the tent and just when I thought he would leave he grabs hold of my ankles and drags me out, pulling me outside. ‘Ugh! Billy! Let me go!’ I scream, flailing my legs about. He starts laughing as I struggle free. ‘Don’t do that!’ I yell standing up as soon as he lets me go.

I look around at Daniel, Zach and Tony who was just staring at us in amusement as if it was some comedy show.

‘Do that one more time and I’ll kick you!’ I warn, starting to walk towards the rest of them. ‘Ok,’ Billy replies simply, then he pulls my arm towards him bends down a bit and before I knew it I was on his shoulders – upside down.

‘Kay, guys let’s roll,’ Billy says walking towards everyone; I see Daniel, Zach and Tony smirking at my embarrassment and complete annoyance.

‘Billy! Put me down right now!’ I screech. I hear him laugh, his hands sliding up a bit to hold my thighs instead of behind my knees. I slap him on the middle of his back, ‘don’t touch me,’ I warn. ‘Put me down right now, or I will start kicking!’ I yell.