A Rude Awakening

Scarlett's POV

My dream is what probably scared me the most out of all the stuff that's going on. In my dream I submitted to Eli, giving myself over to him. Logically I know that I would never do that, but it brings into question why I was dreaming that dream. It only lasted for about 10 minutes before my wolf had enough. After that I fell into a dreamless sleep.

What felt like a few minutes, which was actually a few hours I'm guessing, I was awakened by a pale of ice water thrown on me.

"What a rude way to wake someone up!" I screamed at the man holding the bucket.

He's lucky the odds are on his side this time. Normally anyone who wakes me up, aside from Jace of course, get their ass kicked.

Just as that thought entered my mind, I realized that I have no idea where I am. I try to stand up but quickly fall right back down due to the silver chains around my ankles. My brain was slowly recognizing the burning the silver was doing to my skin. It burned, but I've inflicted worse pain on myself.

Lost in my own thoughts I failed to realize that the man holding the bucket had come closer to me. It wasn't until he grabbed my chin that I finally got a good look at him.

And what I saw upset me to my core.

Ian's POV

Eli had ordered me to wake up Scar, but he never said how. Smirking to myself I went and filled a bucket up with water and ice then made my way to the cell she was in.

I acted as Scarlett's best friend for year, always being there for her and having the experience of a life time. Sadly the reality is that I'm suppose to hate her. Being Eli's cousin means that I should hate her for ever leaving him, but the thing is... I don't.

I may have been acting as her best friend but at some point I stopped acting. Our friendship became real and I hate myself for doing this but I'm not losing my family over one girl. She can hate me all she wants but I hate myself even more right now.

The hurt look on her face when she looked at me will haunt me forever. The last spark in her eyes gone.

It scared me the most because I've only seen her eyes this dull once. When she gave up completely on life, she was ready to leave this world but we stopped her. And now I can truly see that she's defeated, she's given up.

Scarlett's POV

Seeing him here made reality come crashing down on me. My best friend gave me over and helped the enemy. I can't feel grief or angry, I can't feel anything at all. I can hear Raine calling out to me but I can't focus on her. The only thing I can focus on is the little voice in the back of my head, telling me to give up. And right now I'm not sure if that's a bad idea.

_____________________________

Hey beautiful readers. Long time no see right? I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever, with school and summer camps I've been so busy lately. I'm going to try and update but I can't promise. Thank you all why have stayed with this book.

The awesome cover photo was made by musicofthemighty, be sure to go and like their page. Until next time