XXIV. Enigma

'Tonight, we are live! Here, in the first ever lifestyle hotel- complex in South Korea, Seoul Dragon City! And hear this, folks, this is not just a big night for the hotel itself, because the lavish party to be held here is the buzz in town! It's none other than the gathering of our top hunters in the country!'

'The meeting is scheduled to be held in the Sky Kingdom of the hotel itself! The part wherein the Sky Bridge connects the two buildings! What a great place to look over the nighttime scenery of Seoul! Now this may be the buzz, but where are the hunters? The main stars of the night?'

'Excuse me, excuse me! You told us there was a red carpet event for the hunters? Where are they!?'

Numerous blinding flashes filled the entrance of the hotel. The light reflected on the prisms, creating different shades of colour that shone over the place. The chaotic noise reverberated along the hallways, a mixture of voices overlapping each other in complaints. In short, the media is a mess.

The night sky was clear, the moon confidently shone over the city, and the stars twinkled in delight with their friend for the night.

It is an important day, yes. The annual gathering of hunters, the association, and the heads of state will be held here this year. The party was both for entertainment and as a chance for opinions to be discussed regarding the hunting industry. You might think something along the lines of a party, yet it was a formal meeting as well.

'Yeah, I agree with all of you.' The woman thought to herself, and she sat casually by the bar of the Sky Kingdom's so-called King's Vacation. It was the hotel's pride to have this place. It was in the so-called Sky Bridge, so it's really something. Still, she kept scrolling casually on her phone, looking over the comments of different netizens over the trending buzz of the event tonight.

Sighing maybe for the umpteenth time of the night, she stood up. Her blonde hair swayed to the side as she shook her head, an attempt to remove her boredom.

"Hunter Cha! What were you doing here? We were looking for you! It's about to start." Chief Woo Jinchul uttered as he bowed slightly to the woman.

Haein's expression contorted into something unreadable. "There were too many people by your side. They wanted to look around the place too." Haein lightly fixed the clip over her blonde hair, shrugging innocently at the man.

"The people are now gone. The association and other hunters are there now. Let me escort you." Jinchul mumbled and looked at the woman. He knew that the woman herself hated the crowd; maybe she also suffered from this public appearance.

Haein wordlessly nodded as she followed the man back into the main hall, where the people are. She felt the stares over her back and the hushed whispers as she entered the fray. She thanked the chief for his help, but before she could move, her senses tingled.

Something was coming.

He clicked his tongue in boredom. Gatherings like these were of no interest to him. Maybe if he were younger, he would have that excitement, looking forward to this night. But, nah, he was past that stage. So he just fixed himself up, wore his best formal suit, fixed his tie and collar, and then went into the hall.

There, he was greeted by his fellow hunters.

"Hunter Sung!""Sung hunter-nim!"

Two voices overlapped with each other as they called him. Jinwoo looked over his back and saw the guild masters of the Hunters guild and the White Tiger guild, Choi Jongin and Baek Yoonho, frozen on their spots.

"You're here, huh?"

"I could say the same for you, huh?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"