XXI. For Real?

Sorry guys for not publishing for like 2 weeks. I was just lazy nothing else to be honest.

.

Yes, he is loyal to his country. He is ready to lay down his life for his master. He is prepared to die if it means that his master will live. He loves his liege. His fidelity is unquestioned; it is immeasurable.

However, there are some days when uncertainty comes.

But it is not because of his lies. No, nothing could be about his liege. It is about these two fellow soldiers beside him right now.

As a knight in his previous life, he was trained to be calm and to conceal any emotion that may show. Whatever task is given to him must be dealt with with perfection and tempered with pragmatism. Alas, he always leaned towards order and harmony. His dignity is strong.

Dare he say that these two are testing his perfect control over his actions? 'Am I getting bad as a knight? Has my worth lessened?' Igrit thought to himself.

[Khieek! I have laid out the plan for our lodge's lodging. [What do you think?] Beru's voice rumbled as he approached him. He stared down at the blueprint the ant showed him.

[Are you sure that our liege will like this?] He answered with hesitation, his deep voice reverberating with suspicion.

What are you talking about, Igrit? Khieek!] Beru answered in complaint. Our king deserves the best! That applies the same to his surroundings. [Kiieehek-hehet, he must always be comfortable!] His mandibles made a noise as his wings fluttered.

[... I do agree with you on that, but don't you think this is too much?] Igrit tried to make some sense with the ant. He had an inkling of what his liege would say once he found out. Being by his side for a long time has an advantage—a big one.

[Kiiek-! No matter! I must ensure the liege will be comfortable before his battle! [I've already instructed my fellow ants.] Beru continued to be stubborn with his decision, and Igrit couldn't help but sigh softly.

[What is happening here?]

[Khieek-heh!] Beru screeched in greeting and proceeded to explain his plans to the newcomer.

[Grand Marshal Bellion.] Igrit greeted the man approaching them. Finally, someone with great common sense. Ever since Bellion arrived again, he felt relieved. His old comrade was much better to talk to than his ant roommate over there. Whenever he's around, he feels like he's with his dignified comrades once again. -

[Why, this is great!] Bellion's voice boomed in delight as he saw the blueprint Beru laid down.

Igrit's mind just did a double take.

[Kiiek! See?!] Beru's laugh thundered in pauses as he screeched in between.

[...?! He gawked at the two, major disbelief evident from the situation. More so with Grand Marshal Bellion! The horror—Beru's rubbing on him already?

'The ant king's influence is too powerful.' He concluded with incredulity. His jaw continued to hang open as he watched with panic as Beru scurried off to go do his plan and Bellion crossed his arms, impressed by the ant king.

Igrit stayed silent throughout the whole ordeal with the construction as they watched from the sidelines.

Could this day get any better? Shouldn't they be more focused on training themselves in preparation for their upcoming battle?

[Look, Igrit. If we plant this black flag on top of this castle, don't you think our land will become happy? Bellion interrupted the foregoing silence with his voice.