III. Part 1

"Dear, it seems I'll be assigned to a new murder case in the countryside... I'll be gone for a week." Jinwoo went back to the living room after answering a call from their superior.

Haein, sitting down on the sofa while watching a cooking show, slowly looked at her husband. "Oh? That's great; it means other people know your capabilities now that you get requested for a case in farther places." Haein gently smiled at the man before her, and she patted the space beside her, telling him to sit.

Jinwoo sighed a bit and obliged. He slowly hugged her and mumbled. "Yeah sure... I would accept the case if it were normal times, you know."

"Why? Is this not normal?" She laughed gently at her husband. "Stop being a worry rat, really. Or you'll get wrinkles on your forehead from all of the frowning you are doing."

"Huh, like I can get wrinkles. Hmm, unless I wish to. But really now, dear, you are pregnant. I can't just leave you like that."

Haein smiled and gently patted her abdomen. She's 2 months pregnant now, but she is not showing that much yet. She chuckled at her husband's antics and playfully flicked his arm. "I am past the nausea and dizziness now, dear. I'll be fine. Besides, Beru would be here. And I am sure he'll report to you immediately if anything happens." She looked at the shadow general in question on the porch, talking with Igrit.

"Yeah, I guess. But I cannot help but worry, you know."

"Oho? What's this, the Shadow Monarch, getting all fidgety and nervous?" Jinwoo scrunched his nose as he heard his wife chuckling again.

"Really, dear, I can have Sunmi stay here while you are away, or even ask her to bring her son, Haru, to stay. So you wouldn't worry too much." Jinwoo sighed as he finally relented to his wife and nodded before giving her cheek a peck.

"Mister Jinwoo, bye-bye!" Haru waved enthusiastically at the retreating figure going to his car. Jinwoo laughed slightly and waved at the energetic kid, too.

"He's excited. He says he can play with me all along after not going to the dojo for some time now." Haein nodded and held her husband's arm, giving him a pat.

"It seems he really missed you." Jinwoo chuckled and watched as Sunmi and Haru went back into their house, and he looked at his side and stared at Beru. "Beru. You know what to do, okay?"

Yes, my liege. I shall stay here to keep an eye on Lady Haein.

"Dear, good luck over there. Stay safe." Haein stared at Jinwoo, brought her hands around her back, and smiled.

"Stay safe too... Call me whenever something happens, okay?" Jinwoo nodded as he gently brought his lips to her forehead and smiled. "You take care too." He then patted her wife's stomach and chuckled. "I'll be back."

Haein waved her husband goodbye and watched as his car went farther away before going back to their home.

"Now, Haru, did you do your exercises well?"

"Really, Haein, this is the first time I saw Jinwoo get worried and be like that. And just because you are pregnant! When we were in college, I swear I never saw him like that." Sunmi laughed.

"Well... He's excited but worried at the same time, so it's a mix. But I am even more worried than him... I don't know if I'll do well as a mother." Haein sighed and nodded at her friend.

It's been 5 days now since her husband went to the country for  work. Everything is fine, just her occasional morning sickness, but other than that, everything is really fine.

"I told him that, and he replied that I'd do well, but I doubt that." Haein smiled and shook her head before changing the topic.

"So how is Haru's father, by the way, still giving you the money for support?"