XV. Siblings

It's the weekend, yet the Sung family is not complete. It seems the patriarch was scheduled for a meeting today with the city's leaders. That monthly report that he describes as 'boring'.

Nonetheless, the balmy weather of the day set the home's mood for a good one. Bright rays of sunshine streamed into the living room, where two kids were watching their morning cartoon.

The matriarch of the home just finished cleaning the plates from earlier and is now busy doing her usual work about the track association on her laptop.

It really is a pleasant day. Peaceful.

However, like all things in this world, Everything comes to an end.

"Mom!" A young boy, with a little girl in tow, approached his mother from the living room. "Please!"

"Suho. We've talked about this before, right?" A woman with long blonde hair looked up from her work and then leaned back against the couch.

"But I want to play with my friends freely." The boy, Suho, mumbled in complaint as he crossed his arms against his chest and stared at the girl. Though hesitation pricked him,.

"You still can. All we ask is that you check up on your sister from time to time, right? She needs some time outside, too. She can now, right, baby?" Haein, their mother, smiled encouragingly at her kids.

"Neh, mama!" The girl giggled softly before facing her older brother and pouting. "Oppa! Let's play too! Please~" She then sniffled, acting like she was about to cry.

"Oh, Sora said, please. What will you do, Suho?" Haein grinned slightly, but she covered her lips with her hand before they could notice. Despite how her oldest acts around with his younger sister, she knows that he's wrapped around her little finger. He can't say no to Sora. Haein was amused.

Suho stared down at his sister, and he bit his lip in uncertainty. Sora gave him her signature pleading look. Her lips pursed, her small hands clasped together, her eyes teary, and she sniffled. "Suho oppa," she called.

Haein chuckled softly as she stared at her son's face. 'Mhmm. He gave in.'

The boy sighed, relenting. Then he held his sister's hand and nodded. "Okay, you can go with me."

Sora triumphantly giggled.

Suho whispered to his mother, "Mom, I still don't like it when I babysit."

They walked hand in hand, the rays of the sun lighting the street as they did. The girl hummed happily as she skipped from time to time.

"Oppa, when we go home, We can ask Mama for tteokbokki!" Suho glanced at his sister before chuckling softly. "You mean we'll request for Mama to make tteokbokki for lunch?"

"Mhm! With cheese!" Sora smiled widely, and she spread her arms to the side in an attempt to mimic the melted cheese stretching. "Long cheese!"

"Yes, long cheese!" Suho grinned and ruffled her hair in a playful manner.

"No! Not my hair!" The girl whined in complaint as she pushed her brother's hands away.

The siblings continued their walk like this. The older brother teased his sister from time to time but quickly changed his demeanour to that of a supportive brother when the girl started telling stories of her 'adventures' with her toys.

"Oi Suho! You're late! Let's play!" A boy Suho's age waved in greeting once he noticed the pair coming from the distance.

"Dongin, I'll be with you in just a second." Suho smiled and held his sister's hand, leading her to her favourite sandbox. "Sora. You want to play here, right? I'll just be with them. We'll play tag." He smiled as Sora nodded. "Don't wander around. Call me if you need anything, okay?"