18. Lost

-His Pov

My manager called me and as soon as he talked to me, I became very angry. I sighed a bit and looked at my white rose in that same worried look always had.

My all businesses were banned and the manager asked me to leave here for a while. So we have to leave our mansion and stay secretly. I went downstairs grabbed an alcohol bottle and drank it.

"What happened Jake? Is everything okay?" she came to me and looked at me with those puppy eyes. Oh damn it, I could burn the world for those eyes. I cupped her face and kissed her.

"Nothing... You trust me, don't you?" she nodded as I asked while looking into her doe eyes. "I'll take care of this. Please wait here."

"Tell me Jake what happened?"

Her questions and her worry for me were so intense that it put me at a loss. How could I explain this? Should I lie to her? Should I just tell her the truth? My guilt was kicking in hard and I was starting to think that the truth is better than lying. I looked at her once again with a sad smile on my face and decided to tell the truth.

 I looked at her once again with a sad smile on my face and decided to tell the truth

"It's the company. The company is getting into some legal issues... And these legal issues may cause us to lose everything. I'm really sorry..."

"Oh... W... What should we do now? Should we leave here? Did he ask us to leave for a while? "

She asked without even panic. I wondered. Her concern and the way she handled this situation were just so beautiful to me. She was not losing her cool even though the situation was so dire and this just filled me with hope that everything would be fine soon. Her questions also made me realize a possible solution to this mess. I spoke in a soft and positive tone.

"Yeah... We probably need to leave for a while. They asked me to come up after they found a solution as quickly as possible. I have a solution in mind actually... Can you travel with me for a while, princess?"

She smiled like sunshine in the darkness and held my hand. I looked at her hand and then at her eyes with hope.

"I'm your wife Jake... So yes, I will... No matter what happens, I'll be there for you. It may be not only at your highest but also at your lowest. Don't worry love..."

I felt butterflies got pregnant in my tummy. That was something I always wanted to hear from my little princess. To know that she will always be there for me... For my highest and my lowest... And she is right about that. I will always keep her at my highest. The way she smiled and said that to me made me fall for her even more. I held her hand and smiled softly at my white rose.

"Thank you for always supporting me. You're right... And you will always be right. But just one more thing... Can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it, Jake?"

My expression got serious for a moment then I spoke with a firm and dominant voice.

"My princess... Can you promise me that you will trust me and do whatever I say from now on? I will not let a single harm get you. I swear. I will protect you with all my might. But to do that I need your full trust. Can you give me that?"