08. Third Party

One of the men looked at me with sadness and I felt a bit strange but I didn't know why this was. I remembered he was the one who met us at the party and Jake said that he had a crush on me. I just wanted to keep scrubbing the floors and doing my husband's bidding. My husband didn't like it when I questioned things. He didn't like it when I questioned his orders. He just had his eyes on me and he was waiting for me to finish doing what he asked me to do, he didn't want to have to get up and get impatient with me. So I smiled helplessly to avoid that man's question.

"I... I think you are Mr. Eric right? I remember you wished us at the party. Umm... Jake is in his office room. Y...you can go there..."

I was not gonna talk with him too much as I would be punished because of that. I looked down and waited until they left for the office. That man Eric came to me and kneeled in front of me. Then he gave me a tissue to wipe my sweat. My husband also came in front of them.

"Tell me... Is he not treating you well? "

Eric asked me without noticing my husband.

"W... What are you asking? I... I'm fine..."

"No... I can't see it like that. You don't deserve this. If you let me I can help you."

He hummed trying to wipe my sweat. I looked away. I was startled when I heard the cold voice of my husband.

"What the fuck you are doing to my wife? Speak you jerk!!! Go away from her!"

"Wife?? Are you sure? You are not even treating her like a wife!! Look!!! Is she a servant to you? Do you know how precious she is?"

Eric kept yelling at Jake and I was confused too... Other mafias jumped toward Eric and tried to calm him.

"I can do what I want with her!! She belongs to me!! She's my property!! I do as I please with my wife and I do not care if you think that it's wrong or right because to me it's right. I am her master!"

I had never seen my husband react like this to me. He was so angry and he was screaming, he seemed really out of control. The other mafias knew that they had to do something quickly or Jake would hurt that man. I looked down with sadness. That man was such a young and kind man. I wanted to thank him to talk for me. No one called me like that kind inside this mansion. But it is better if he stops now. Otherwise, what will happen? Jake started to walk towards the man called Eric who was standing up for me and I knew that Jake was going to hurt him because of this. I can't let that happen because Eric didn't do anything wrong. he tried to defend me.

"STOP!!!!!"

I yelled out and spoke in a scared voice but it seemed to work

I yelled out and spoke in a scared voice but it seemed to work. Jake stopped walking and looked over at me. I knew what would happen if I went against Jake now. I looked at him once and looked down quickly.

"I......."

"I like w...what h...he is doing... Y...you don't know a... anything. He's m...my master. H...he's my husband... I... I accept it. S...so y...you better stop insulting m...my husband."