1st year anniversary gifts!

*This was originally made on March 9th, 2023 for the 1st anniversary of this novel, so please be mindful of that.*

1st-year anniversary gifts

It's a big thing just starting a novel and making it a legacy but it's even more unbelievable when it reaches its first year milestone!

OCLS has been completed since July 20th, 2022. That I know. Even if that's the case I created new specials for every single holiday over a year. Thus, as sad as it is it will be time for this novel to officially spring its wheels. (Joking, the Pride month special was made after that and ended up being the final special)

But before I get into details let's start with all the gifts for such a milestone!

Throughout the past few months, I have been preparing and working on this special milestone.

March 9th was a date I had in mind for a long time and I knew this milestone was coming.

Over the year you all got used to special episodes but this time it is the biggest update so far!

*The original updates won't be mentioned as it's not relevant anymore as you are in the grand new majority who haven't read this novel before and also because of the recent full edit, just know some huge changes you see today were made back in March 2023.*

New official profiles of Theo's and Nathan's children

After the epilogue, I figured I could give you all an official profile of all Theo's and Nathan's children as some got reintroduced and introduced in the epilogue. Their age is set as the one in the epilogue.

Moonlight (Moon) Hames
Birthday: October 1st, 2022 (not IRL)
Age: 27 years old
Zodiac sign: Libra
Height: 5.5 ft or 1.65 m
Weight: 147 Ibs or 66.7 kg
MBTI type: ESTP-A (Entrepreneur)

Cayden Hames
Birthday: June 26th, 2033 (not IRL)
Age: 16 years old
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Height: 5.9 ft or 1.75 m
Weight: 158 Ibs or 71.7 kg
MBTI type: ENTP-A (Debater)

Carson Hames
Birthday: June 26th, 2033 (not IRL)
Age: 16 years old
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Height: 5.10 ft or 1.78 m
Weight: 154 Ibs or 69.9 kg
MBTI type: ISFJ-T (Defender)

Nora Hames
Birthday: January 10th, 2037 (not IRL)
Age: 12 years old
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Height: 5.1 ft or 1.55 m
Weight: 123 Ibs or 55.8 kg
MBTI type: INFJ-T (Advocate)

*There is one thing that you all deserve to see.*

Special drawing:

*Okay, I originally made lots of drawings but you can all see them elsewhere anyway. Though there's one that's special.*

Gosh, I made lots of drawings and this is yet another one. Damn, I've been on fire those past months.

I decided to draw all of Theo's and Nathan's children. Not at any age. At the wedding in the epilogue. To make it even more fun. I drew a special character. Here it is:

First off we've got the twins

First off we've got the twins. On the complete left, we have Cayden who is 16 and the same goes for Carson, who is right next to him.

Next to Carson, we have Nora, who is almost 13 on that drawing.

Then we have the most interesting part. Right next to Nora, it's Moonlight. She is 27 on that drawing.

Who is next to her you think?

It was mentioned that Moon got married before her parents but the said person didn't appear in the epilogue and we never knew who either. So to much surprise or not surprise at all, Moon likes girls! Just like her dads lol. Okay, I want to be precise that she is pansexual. She did like that guy as a teenager for those that read the 2022 Christmas special.

Despite being a perfect little girl when younger, I always imagined her as a tomboy growing up, with the personality of her dad, Nathan. It was also very fitting to make her like girls too.

Her wife is called Kathleen Hames. Obviously, that's not her maiden name but she took it after Moonlight.

In chapter 3, it is mentioned that despite everything Moonlight got Nathan's last name so all of the kids have Hames as a last name. In other ways, the kids could've gotten Theo's last name but he preferred it was Nathan's despite everything he did.

Anyways you all saw their last name earlier in their profile chart.

Another thing that doesn't get mentioned in the epilogue is that Theo actually takes Nathan's last name despite having already been dating for 17 years before getting married.

So it's safe to say they are the family of Hames.

Special mini story:

Last beyond things. The real gift I wanted to give you all for the 1st anniversary that was thought out months and months in advance. A special mini story!

Go check out all about the new special mini story as all information is on there.

You guessed it, I wrote too much for Tapas guidelines.

I'm now on Inkitt!

I recently heard about Inkitt and decided to bring my novels there too! As of now, only Our complicated love story is made available as it is its 1 year anniversary.

Inkitt is another site where you can read lots of good novels all for free!

So you can go follow me there! It would be fully appreciated if you do. If you don't have Inkitt then that's fine too!

Then here come the announcements:

With all those surprises. There was bound to be a part that was not so fun.

Some of you may have guessed it already when I mentioned the special mini story.

So yeah after a year it is time for Our complicated love story to spread its wings on its own.

By that I mean starting today I won't be posting any more specials. (I made one after that through...)

It saddens me to do that but it's time I let it go and focus fully on my other novels and upcoming ones.

I did a full year of special and that was my goal but no other completed novel got this kind of treatment.

I've been busy already for the past few months and it will only get worse with school and my upcoming novels.

I don't know what the future holds for this novel but maybe towards the end of the summer months, I might make a special announcement. It won't be only for this novel but all of them actually.

I have yet to know if that announcement will be necessary but I guess we shall see.

Special thanks:

So a big thank you to all of you for following OCLS this past year or at the very least the real journey! All the support I've gotten was really appreciated and any new form of support will still be greatly appreciated. Also, thank you to those who read the new full edited version, I appreciate it a lot!

Whether it is reading my novel, reading an episode, dropping a like, subscribing, or hearing your thoughts. Those are all things that are very much appreciated and still will be.

I am extremely thankful for everything so far.

Where to follow my other novels:

For those who didn't notice, I posted the full list of all my other novels on the ending notes, so please go read it if you wish to read more from me.

So that's all for me!-Lauren