37.

Note: this is the first part of a double update. Chapter 38 follows this.

Alex.

I stared at Selene in sheer disbelief. She stood there, in front of the arch of the drawing in a pink summer dress, that spelled sophistication. The thin gold chain on her long neck held an emerald green pendant that accented the green of her eyes.

Her black hair looked shiny and clean as it cascaded down her upturned face. Any other man would have found her very attractive, yet when my lips fell apart, it was in surprise not in lust. I looked from her to my mother feeling a barely contained wave of frustration rise in my guts.

My eyes followed Jamie as he disappeared with another pair of suitcases. Just how many clothes did this woman need?

"Mother, you are being ridiculous. Please stop. Selene and I are not getting married. Not in three days, not even in three years ," I was beginning to feel annoyed now.

My mother shot a look at me that would have scared me some fifteen years ago, but right now, It only annoyed me further.

I saw a shadow flit over Selene's face, but she quickly got a grip of herself, "Aww come on Allie, I've made you an apple tart. Would you like some tea to go with it?"

I had never had a problem with her calling me Allie before but now I really wanted to thread a needle and sew her mouth shut.

She brushed an imaginary fleck off my shoulder. I winced, but said nothing.

Turning to my mother, I said, "Mom I have to meet with Kyan in about thirty minutes. I'm going to freshen up now. Please don't bring any more of that garbage into my house, ask her to leave, immediately." I motioned at Selene.

I had a hot shower that worked on my kinks like a professional masseur. When I got out, I picked out a shirt and pants which I laid on the back of the armchair. I wanted to unwind a bit, so I got in the bed, but I must have been really exhausted from the day before. I fell asleep.

When I woke up, it was dusk. The room was still and dark, yet I had the feeling someone was lurking in there with me. For one, I did not come to slowly. I had started out of sleep, someone had touched me.

"Oh fudge! " I muttered, remembering the meeting with Kyan. I tried to sit up, but couldn't. I was tied to the bed. My wolf roared within.

"What the......" I began to growl, then I heard the giggles, soft at first but then louder and more insistent. It was Selene!

My eyes were getting accustomed to the darkness now, and I could see that she was barely dressed. In a thin lace onesie that left little to the imagination. She stood smiling at the arch of the closet in a contrived pose.

"Oh my love" She simpered "You're awake?"

"Take a wild guess!" I mumbled to myself.

She crossed the room to my bedside heels clacking on the cool floor tiles.

I tried to move again but again I couldn't. I was being held down by, of all things, half a dozen silk scarves. My ankles were beginning to hurt, I marveled at how tight my silk bounds were.

She raked her long fingernails through my hairy chest and I wanted to scream.

"What are you doing, Selene?" My wolf was loud. Infuriated, conflicted, then infuriated again.

"Untie these scarves at once" I hissed at her.

"No darling, come on. You know you want this," She whispered in my ear.

I wanted to get up again, but I knew not to try.

"Don't even attempt to," She seemed to read my mind, "We are all alone in the house, your mother gave the servants the day off."

"What?" I gasped. My mother knew about this?

"Need I add, that all the exit doors are locked," She motioned at a bunch of keys on the dresser.

"Oh Allie, come on. We are going to be married in less than seventy two hours, we don't have to wait any more," She tugged at my undershorts.

You can't hit a woman. You can't hit a woman. You can't hit a woman.

I desperately reminded myself.

"Selene....Selene" I drawled, "Kindly untie me."

"No," she answered pulling my shorts down to my knees.

I closed my eyes and gave in to my wolf. He was exasperated, agitated, and angry. I shifted and even as I did the silk scarves snapped. I growled as I bounded out of the bed!

Selene leapt off the bed, a barely muffled scream escaped from her, but I was past caring.

"Now get the hell out of my room!" I growled, snatching the keys off the dresser. I shifted back.

I quickly dragged on the suit that I had left on the armchair earlier on, enjoying the shock and anger that Selene seemed to be struggling to contain.

I stood, towering over her. "You are the most despicable and pathetic human being I have ever come across," I hissed.

I pulled open the door, waiting for her to move ahead of me.

"At some point, I was ready to put up with your shenanigans but tonight you overdid it. Go and pack a bag, you are leaving this house tonight, and then tomorrow, arrange to pick up the rest of your stuff!"

"You've got to be kidding me Alex, our wedding is on Saturday!"

This woman was dumb with a capital D. She was still talking too.

"My parents arrive in two days, and my trousseau is here already. Now that cost a small fortune ...."

I watched her and I almost felt sorry for her. I had grown up with Selene. We had been really good friends at some point. But the difference between me and her is that she let her parents succeed in controlling her life. Now she was just pathetic.

A loud clang from the front door mercifully shut her up.

"Now who could that be?" I wondered as I bound ahead to get the door.

.
.
.
.
Like and comment!