White Hot Decoded

Hi! Here are all the clues & other mysterious things broken down throughout the novel in case you wanted to remember some you may have forget, or are curious about how everything in the novel connects to each other!

If you still have any questions comment and ill reply to them! Remember not to spoil the ending/plot twists for other readers in the comments in early chapters! If you do end up re reading this book for some reason , now you know what to look for!

The chapter names & art get more significant after act 1.

1 - Her

Chapter Name: "Her" allows the readers to wonder if Maddy is referring to Billie or to Scar in the first chapter. Although the book starts off with Maddy in love with Scar it ends with her in love with Billie. Which one do you think she was referring to?

Chapter Art: The picture with the car driving into a lush green forest represents Maddy moving to Clearwater, not the most meaningful compared to other chapters lol.

Song Choice: Softcore - The Neighborhood. This is one of my favorite songs and since I based Maddy after myself a little I wanted her to listen to it while taking in the scenery of Clearwater in.

Clues & Correspondences:

- Maddy said she and Scar got into a fight the night before she "died" because Scar wouldn't take her medication: This indicates that Scar might have had some sort of mental or physical illness.

- Maddy describes Scar wearing an emerald green sweater in the photo on her wall: The same one she found in Alison's room.

- Maddy has the vintage lighter that Scar gave her, the same one she uses to burn Robin and Scar at the end where she lights a branch on fire and throws it in the grave.

- Maddy mentions Scar's dad being a dentist: which means Scar could have easy access to dental records

2 - Clearwater High

Chapter Name: The title refers to the first day of starting her life at a new school in a new town. This chapter has a lesser title/picture meaning compared to the others below.

Chapter Art: A photo of Clearwater high just to help with the reader's imagination.

Song Choice: Full Moon - The Black Ghosts. The story, although it's not supernatural, has a lot of twilight influences and this song reminds me of when Bella went to her first day at school, like Maddy is doing.

Clues & Correspondences:

-Billie says she had to "take care of some things" when Maddy asked why she bumped into her at the airport: This foreshadows Maddy thinking that Billie might have something to do with the murder in the future chapters.

3 - Suicide & Stolen Art

Chapter Name: The chapter is named after the song Billie sings at her family's restaurant, when Maddy realizes she's not just some other normal girl.

Chapter Art: A photo of Maddy's house to help with the reader's imagination.

Song Choice: Suicide & Stolen Art - Billie Eilish. I chose this song to be the one for this chapter since Billie sings it to Maddy at her family's restaurant.

Clues & Correspondences:

- Alison tries getting extremely close to Maddy and keeps talking to her: Maddy later thinks it's because she was trying to get her to trust Ali.

- Maddy says Robin seems very quiet and shy and always by Alison's side : Maddy later finds out Robin is a psychopath who thought and planned to kill Scar.