Pretty Great Team Minus One

"What's eating him?" Melman pondered, after have to watch the gloomy zebra walk away as if the conversation didn't happen.

"Maybe you should talk to him, Alex," Gloria suggested. "You know, go over and give him a little pep talk."

"Hey, I already gave him a snow globe." The lion explained. "I can't top that."

"Well someone decided to give him the gift of a lifetime," Ayana said, with distinct sarcasm. "Pretty sure you should've gotten him the alarm clock."

"Yeah, I said the same thing. Knew I should've gone for the alarm clock." Alex indicates, missing the Leopard's eye roll.

"Alex..." Gloria hissed.

"I can see where this is going." Melman interrupts, raising his neck and sliding off his birthday bat. "It is getting late. I guess I'm gonna..." His sentence ended with him falling asleep and snoring on the spot.

After the giraffe had passed out, Gloria and Alex began to bicker back and forth in a wordless conversation. Flailing their hands wildly, indicating their side of the argument with body language. It quickly ended when Gloria pounded her fist into her palm repeatedly in a threatening manner. Alex backed away immediately, almost fearfully.

"Come on. He's your best friend." Gloria whispered, before glancing over to Ayana who shrugged, standing up from her spot.

Alex sighed in defeat. "All right, all right. OK."

"Keep an eye on him, Ayana," Gloria told her, moving to leave.

"Ok." She called back, crossing her arms over her chest and ignoring the flabbergasted expression from the lion. Inevitably, he accepted the Leopard's company.

"Night, Marty!"

The zebra lazily raised a hoof. "...Night, Glo."

Gloria stood before her pool, turned back to the two large cats and pointed at the duo, then back to Marty. It was like she was trying to explain how to approach the downcast friend and come up with a solution. Finally, she dismounted into her pool, with a backflip, causing a humongous splash.

Ayana scooted next to Alex as he presented his custom made umbrella, sheltering them both from the tidal wave that would have soaked them completely. After the rain of chlorine water ceased, Gloria's hand sprouted from the rippling pool to point back and forth between the cats and the zebra until it sunk under the waves.

After stowing away the umbrella, Alex pondered how he would approach the zebra before lying on his back on the flat surface of his brick wall, with paws folded under his head and legs crossed so he could get relaxed.

"Aah...What a day. I mean, just really, really I mean I tell you, it just doesn't get any better than this, you know? Ooh! It just did." He exclaimed. "Even the star's out." In the dark and endless void of the sky was a single dot of light. "Not going to find a star like that in the wild."

Marty continued walking on his treadmill and barely even glanced. "Helicopter."

The tiny beacon instantly drifted away, with the propelling of whirling blades fading out as it continued to fly away. Alex sat up once it was out of view.