Chapter 12

Greyson's POV

I held Melody in my arms as the credits of the film rolled by and everyone began to move, Parker picked up the Caitlin who was fast asleep and carried her out to her room. 

Now I was the only one left in the room with Melody fast asleep, I looked down at her serene face, and watched her whispering breath blew strands of red curls on her fare cheek, she was so beautiful. 

Carefully I stood up holding her close to my chest, she stirred slightly cuddling deeper into me making a smile pull at my lips. Even though she was pregnant she still felt light as a feather in my arms as I made my way up the stairs and onto our floor. 

I laid her carefully on our bed and took off her shoes, jeans and top; I pulled of my t-shirt and carefully pulled it down over her head, I kicked off my shoes and jeans before climbing in next to my little mate. Melody turned over in her sleep cuddling into my embrace, I felt the bump of our children pressed against my stomach. 

I ran my fingers lightly over it smiling to myself. After the death of my father, becoming Alpha at a young age and all the horrible and horrific things I had done in my life, I have been blessed with the perfect mate and two perfect pups, I would protect them with my life. I kissed Melody's head and pulled her closer before being lulled into sweet sleep.

...

Melody's POV

The weeks seemed to fly by, and my bump gradually grew and grew. My hormones were going haywire one moment I would be laughing, then floods of tears and shouting in anger before laughing again. I'm honestly not sure how everyone put up with me. 

It was far worse on Greyson though, as I very often had sexual urges, but Greyson was afraid of hurting the twins so always tried very hard to refuse, however, after one night of my endless seduction attempts, Greyson couldn't trust himself so ended up bunking with my brother two floor down for the night.

This was quite a regular occurrence until I entered the third trimester and felt so fat and ugly I just ended up crying the whole time. 

After another session of me shouting at Greyson, "How can you bear to look at me!" and him pulling me into a hug as I broke down in tears, Greyson whispering how much he loved me and how beautiful I was, 

I pulled away wiping at my eyes, "I'm sorry Greyson, you must be sick of me after the past few weeks." 

He chuckled, "Well it hasn't been easy baby but I know its not your fault." 

Eli poked his head round the door of the kitchen where we were, "Is it safe to come in now? has the shouting and crying fit stopped?" 

I let out a growl, making him laugh, "oh calmed down little sis, I was only joking. Anyway, is there any ice cream left I'm starving" 

I shuffled my feet and glanced around avoiding his eyes, "Um I think someone or the um pack has eaten it all I'm afraid Eli" 

"What about the cookies Jane made yesterday?" 

"Er... yeah those too, someone in the pack must be really hungry."

 Eli snorted, "Yeah someone, and I wonder who that could be eating up all the food could it maybe be the pregnant Luna!?" 

My eyes blurred with tears again, "I can't help it ok! Me and twins are always hungry, and ice cream cookie sandwiches are so yummy even though they make me fat and I'm really fat and I can't help it!" 

I was in floods of tears again an Greyson glared at Eli, "Really man! I just got her to stop crying!" Greyson muttered I thumped him lightly on the chest, 

"Hey Melody don't cry please" Eli came up behind me trying to hug me but I just pushed him away, "No Eli, you called me fat"

 "What! no I didn't!" 

I snuffled and hid my face in Greyson's chest, "Well you basically did" 

"Just apologise Eli" Said Greyson, 

"For what! I didn't-" Greyson just glared at him, 

"Fine, Melody I'm sorry for not meaning to call you fat, even though your not!" 

"Yeah" Said Parker strolling in with Caitlin sitting on his shoulders, "For a pregnant lady, you are still looking pretty hot Melody" 

Greyson growled at him, I sniffled a laugh, "Oh shut up twiddle dumb" I said, thankfully the waterfall of tears and hormones had subsided. 

Caitlin climbed down off Parker and ran over to me to hug my belly, "Hi Hunter and Phoenix! It's Auntie Caitlin here!" 

I felt one of them kicking against my stomach, "Hey Caitlin, put your hand here" 

I placed her hand to the left side of my belly, she squealed in delight "I can feel them kicking! Mummy Mummy come feel this!" cried out Caitlin, Annabel came rushing in and let out the same squeal as Caitlin when she felt the kicking, 

"Oh I can't wait to meet my Grand babies! How much longer is it now Melody!?" 

I laughed, "Still about a week till their ready to come out, but we're all prepared! Greyson and Eli have hopefully finished converting the one of the spare rooms on our floor into a nursery room for them." 

I turned to look at the two, who were both rather sheepish, 

"You have finished it haven't you?" I asked worry and annoyance lacing into my voice, 

"Yeah course, just a couple of things to um... tweak!" Said Greyson backing out the room and dragging Eli with him. 

...

After over seeing that the finishing touches to the nursery were actually completed, I kept Greyson company in his office reading through some sheet music while Greyson went through paper work and pack business, 

"Look at this, a royal announcement from the alpha king, the queen is pregnant with their second child!" Said Greyson reading through a letter, 

"Congratulations to them! How old is their first child, the prince, now?" I asked, 

"Prince Marcus, I think he must be three or four at least" 

"Imagine if he was Phoenix's mate" I laughed, but this made Greyson growl slightly, 

"My baby girl will not have a mate, she'll be my little princess forever and that's final." 

This only made me laugh even more, I got up and came up behind Greyson putting my arms around him and placing a sweet kiss in his neck, "Greyson, I think Phoenix's mate might disagree with you on that, and we can't keep them away from each other, Phoenix might be the one with the gift so she might already know who everyone's mate is! we don't know the nature of the gift really." 

Greyson only grunted, "Fine but I don't want her mate to be Marcus. Princes' are trouble and the royal family have a curse of aggressive first born sons so I don't think the moon goddess would pair our little girl with a future monster like that!" 

I chuckled, "I might remind you Greyson that you weren't exactly a knight in shinning armour when I first met you, anyway why worry about something which is very unlikely to happen! Prince Marcus' mate is probably already born."

That night I was alone in bed as Greyson was helping patrol to fend off rogue attacks. It was late and I could hear a storm raging outside the window through my sleeping state.  

Suddenly a stabbing pain struck my lower stomach, waking me from sleep. Whimpering I felt my legs go wet, my water had broken and I was going into labour. Another painful contraction hit me and I cried out in pain, "Greyson!"