Chapter 6

Chapter 6

3 years later

Alice's POV

Star, my beta female, entered my office. "Alpha," She addressed me, formally. This is probably an important notification or problem. I turned around in my swivel chair. "There has been a change of plans. We cannot have the pack put themselves in danger. The high council has announced the dangers of the rouges gathering. We cannot accept too many rouges in. They might be forming an attack against us. Along with this announcement, and probably because of this announcement, a pack has asked for our assistance. I would assume that you wouldn't help this pack."

I sat forward in my chair.

"And why would you assume that, Star? We must help in every way we can. Our kind will die out if we do not help others."

She opened her mouth and carefully started to form words. "The pack that has asked for assistance is - "Before she could finish, Andrew, her mate and my beta, slammed the office door open.

"What did I do for me to be graced upon your presence, my dear friend?" I took in his appearance. His breathing was short and rapid. As if he had just run all along our territory.

"Rouges.... Territory......Boundary......Threats......Panic.......Fights........Blood.......Crazy things." He managed to wheeze out.

I jerked up. "I'm sorry Star, but we will have to continue this conversation later." I announced to her. She nodded and sprinted out the room. I followed shortly and sped towards the edges of our territory.

I rushed forward to see chaos and bloodshed. Some of my members were injured but from the looks of it, no one was fatally injured.

"STOP!" I commanded in my alpha voice. Because of my special alpha wolf, everyone, including the rouges, stopped.

"ONE PERSON COME FORWARD AND TELL ME WHAT HAS HAPPENED HERE."

My third in command came up. "A rouge was spotted along the borders of our territory. A newly shifted wolf assumed danger and went into unneeded action. The rouges thought we attacked on command. We were only on defense. We meant no harm."

I sighed. "Who was this newly trained wolf?" A boy about 16 came up. I looked at him with an understanding, yet stern, gaze.

"Being only 4 years older than you, I understand your actions. I must warn you though; you are stationed with a more experienced warrior for a reason. A misunderstood attack can lead to a very devastation war with a pack or even rouges. Because you didn't know better and this is your first offense, I'll let you off the hook this time. The next time, if this repeats, there will be consequences." The young wolf nodded, motioning that he understood me. He was almost in tears because he, once again, assumed the worst.

I raised my head to look at my pack. They returned my gaze with a look of respect. Although I was still young, I was born to lead. The blood in my veins made me a natural leader. Although some packs are held together by fear, my pack was held together by loyalty. My pack, the strongest pack in the world, was respected by many packs. I was very lenient towards punishments. I understood situations where no wars were needed. Because of this, even rouges listened to me willingly.

I turned to the 'leader' of the rouges. "I'm really sorry for this misunderstanding. I hope you'll forgive my pack. I hope that no one is badly injured. If necessary, you are welcome to use my pack infirmary to tend to the hurt. I also offer a place to stay. I offer you a place in my pack. If you do not accept, at least let me apologize by giving you some supplies for the outer world. What do you say?" Star gave me a stern look, sort of like she was reprimanding me for not heeding her earlier warning.

The rouges looked at each other. They didn't need long to decide. "Thank you for your offer. We would love to stay. We promise to stay loyal to you and to respect all others and you. Thank you so much!" The rouge 'leader' spoke for everyone.

"As long as you respect the wishes of all pack members and remember that all are equal. Even I, the Alpha, must respect each of you. The alpha part is only the acknowledgement that you are followed by a pack. Without the title, I am just another pack member. I welcome you to the pack." I bowed my head in respect for them. Every pack member present bowed along. The rouges looked shocked as the alpha, a position way higher than them, bowed to them.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, my beta female and I have some things to discus."

I turned around towards the pack house, more like the pack mansion, and motioned for Star to come forwards. "Andrew," I called, not turning around. "Keep an eye on the situation with surrounding rouges. If they wander close, see what they want. Make sure the newcomers know to respect everyone and everyone is even. Other than that, make sure nothing happens to the pack."

With that, I grabbed Star and walked away.

~~~~

"Star, what were you saying before? Why wouldn't I help a pack in distress? It is my duty, as a Chosen, to protect everyone from the evils of the world!" I explained with an exaggerated hand motion.

Star managed to hold in her laughter, but still hesitated to answer me. "Alpha -" I sighed. She was so formal! Sure I knew it was important, but I didn't like my close friends calling me by my title. "Call me Alice or Alyssa will ya?" She smiled. "Alice, the pack asking for assistance is the Red Moon Pack."

I froze, my old pack, asking for assistance, how funny. I thought that they were the strongest pack before I left. Never asking for help. Always thinking that they never needed it. Now, they are asking for assistance. What happened to the prideful pack that I once knew? My mind was reeling in ways that they could've fallen to the bottom of the chain. It could've been just bad luck, for all I knew. But even though they kind of deserved the bad fortune, I couldn't turn down a plea for help.

I looked at Star with a straight face. "I will help. Tell them that I will train their warriors with most of my pack. They are to move to this pack in 5 days' time. All I ask is for you not to tell them that I am Alpha."