Chapter 15- An Echo

THIS IS THE ENDING, AND LONGEST CHAPTER OF ALL. I THOUGHT I HAD PUBLISHED LAST TIME I WAS ON BUT I DIDN'T!!! SO SORRY :( HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS FINAL CHAPTER, AND MY FIRST OFFICIAL COMPLETED WORK. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT, CRIED, OR HAD AN IMMENSE OVERFLOW OF FEELS. ALSO, PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK I COULD HAVE CHANGED/IMPROVED. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DEALING WITH ME AND MY EMPTY PROMISES AND PROCRASTINATIONS.... <3

                                                                                                                  SINCERLY YOURS,

                                                                                                                  StArLaV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "WHO ARE YOU?!" Peppermint Butler shouted, the surrounding winds rising in speed, the temperature dropping drastically. "WHAT ARE YOU?!" Peppermint Butler took a knee, unable to fight the roaring winds. He could only wait as the aura expanded. Simons figure glowed from within, but it seemed to be fading. Suddenly, the sillouette dissapeared completly. Silence echoed as the winds stood still, and it seemed as if all of time an space itself had stopped. Stones and debris floated in midair, the ocean caught in what was a slow moving picture, its wrath and swelling waves slowed. Only now did a voice rise in the silence. It was Simon, yet it was not.

     "I...am Simon....."

     "No, you're not." Peppermint Butler whispered. "Who are you really?" The aura flickered and soon it was fighting itself. A mixture of blue and yellow swirled within one another, fighting for control. Suddenly the yellow began to overcome the blue."If I'm going to die, " Peppermint Butler whispered,"I want to know who you are." The yellow burst through the aura, and a new voice rang out.

     "I... am Simon..." It whispered. Peppermint Butler became flustered. 

     "No! You're not"! He shouted, "How can that be?!"

     "I am," the voice echoed. "because Simon saved me." From within the arua, lights flashed. As if pulled from a memory, an image appeared. Soon the image began to move. It showed a man standing on a pier. The image moved closer and suddenly it flashed to Simon looking in a mirror, the point of view being from The Crown. Simon was with a woman, but as he put the crown atop his head, the image went dark. "I was absorbed into Simons being that day. Since then I've been taking from him to save my own being. I needed him to survive. I knew the end was near, for humans that is, but I could still survive. Simon was my vessel." The aura swirled again, another image appearing. There was a city, frozen and destroyed. A liitle girl held Simons hand as they searched the land. "It was never my intention to take so much away from him, but I needed to survive. Everytime he used my powers, I took his life. That was the exchange." The image showed a horde of monsters from above. A large storm of ice and snow rained down onto them. "I thought I could ease him into disapearing, but Simon fought to stay alive, in his mind,to save the little girl." The image flashed to the Ice King dancing and singing with Gunter. "Since that day I have taken control, yet two things keep him from truly dissapearing." The lights flashed, and an image of a woman wearing a green turtleneck appeared, and another of young Marceline. "I am unable to overcome these parts of him." The aura began to darken as time began to return, the debris decending onto the shore.

     "So why are you here now?!" Peppermint Butler asked, "Where is Simon?!" The aura exploded, fine white crystals freezing in midair. The air itself was freezing and Peppermint Butler couldn't move. "Where....is....Simon?" Peppermint Butler weezed, his lungs freezing. The Aura itself froze.