2.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked eating my hash brown.

"Because," He replied.

"You so even know me," I spat.

"But I've seen you around. We talked a little before,"

"That doesn't explain it,"

"I was being a gentleman,"

"But you're popular and I'm not,"

"Ugh. I hate that word,"

"Sorry?"

"No need to apologize,"

"Okay," and with that we fell in silence. All you could hear in the car is the sound of wrappers, our chewing, and the occasional sip of orange juice.

"Okay. I'm going to go this is getting a little awkward," I stated as I opened the door he reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Please don't go," he said.

"I'm already really late. I have..." I started.

"Exactly, it's really late, just stay with me until the period is over," he interrupted.

"You can't make me feel awkward again or I'm leaving,"

"Okay. Let's talk about something anything you want to,"

"Why did you sit down next to me?"

"Why not?"

"Don't give me that half-butted answer,".

"Half-butted?"

"I try not to curse" I answered as he laughed at me. It was deep and a little throaty. It was nice. It made me feel warm inside and soon I was joining him. The sounds merged together in a harmony. The music died down and the car went silence. It was uncomfortable and I needed to break it.

"You never answered my question," I said.

"Oh yeah," he answered.

"Are you going to tell me?" I asked.

"Um...yeah. Well, I've seen you around and you were by yourself...I don't know really,"

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

"Well, I'm glad you forced me to go to get breakfast with you,"

"You are?"

"Yeah. It's been awkward but cool,"

"It's time to go,"

"Okay, I'm going to get out of your hair" I said gathering my things. I hurried out of the car not waiting for a response. When I got out of the car I felt everyone's eyes on me, and I wasn't exaggerating. I could hear people talking about the fat girl coming out of Kai's car. A jock and a fat nerd, funny huh?

"See you later," Kai yelled from his car. I sent a thumbs up his way and kept walking. I headed towards my second period class which was US History. That class was awesome and my friends were in there so I wasn't a complete loner.

Once I entered the class my friends swarmed towards me.

"Omg..." Kayla said.

"Kai..." Asia started

"Lucky duck," Micala exclaimed.

I wanted to go and hide. I didn't like being bombarded with questions. A lump in my throat started to form. I wanted to say leave me alone but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

"I...don't like be..." I started.

"Guys, leave her alone," Asia ordered. She was the only one who fully understood what I was going to. I was a nervous wreck, but so was she. We were wrecks together.

"Mrs. Calum, can Eliza go to the restroom she's...not doing so well," Asia said.

"Yes...Eliza take your time," Mrs. C said.

I practically ran to the bathroom. I got cold water and splashed it onto my face. I looked into the mirror and looked at my face. I had a lighter skin than I usually do, probably from not seeing sun in a while, my eyes were dark brown and my hair was a caramel brown hair. The fat on my face was a product of overweight. Sighing, I got a towel to dry my face. I started crying. The tears kept streaming down my face. I didn't know why exactly. It could've been a number of things. I touched where my collarbones should've been and I got angry at myself for letting him control me even after the fact that he...

I left the bathroom still distraught. I had my head down and I bumped into someone.

"Hey watch where you're going?" he said.

"I'm sorry," I said looking up at the person in which I bumped into. It was Kyle, Kai's best friend.

"Yeah...okay," he scoffed.

"I said I was sorry, there is no need to act like a jerk," I snapped.

"Hey listen, you little b-..." he started.

"Little what?" asked Kai as he walked towards us. Wow how cliche.

"Dude I was just talking to this..." Kyle started.

"I dare you to finish that statement,"

'What's wrong with you dude?"

"Nothing,"

"I'm going to go. I'll see you later," Kyle said as he walked away.

"Thank you," I told Kai.

"It's nothing," he mumbled.

"Well, if we don't have anything to say I'm going to go," I said as I was walking away.

"Wait," he yelled.

"Yes?"

"Will you go on a d-...You want to hang out sometime?"

"Like a date?"

"No. Just as friends,"

"Oh..." I said as my heart was shattering like a glass. It was probably for the best though.

"So is that a yes?"

"Sure,"

"I'll text you,"

"I'll answer," and with that I walked away.

I took a deep breath in and I felt a little better but I was still hurt. I really wanted it to be a date. Sure I barely knew him but he was nice and so sweet. I just wish...I needed to protect my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N Hey, so I changed the height and weight of the Eliza to be ambiguous since I don't think it was productive.]