📝✨9.2: Cherished Clips

Sibling Shenanigans

Belle sat cross-legged on the living room floor, surrounded by piles of old books and antique trinkets. She was in her element, lost in a world of forgotten tales and hidden treasures. Her hazel eyes sparkled with excitement as she carefully turned the pages of a weathered novel, completely engrossed in its story.

Meanwhile, Alex lounged on the couch, grading papers with a furrowed brow. He sighed, running a hand through his neatly combed hair as he struggled to concentrate amidst Belle's enthusiastic chatter about the latest addition to her antique collection.

"Noah, get your feet off the coffee table!" Alex called out, his tone a mixture of exasperation and amusement.

Noah, sprawled across an armchair with his feet propped up on the table, grinned cheekily. "What's the big deal, bro? It's not like the table's gonna break."

Alex shook his head, rolling his eyes at his younger brother's antics. "Respect the furniture, Noah. Mom would have a fit if she saw you treating it like that."

Belle giggled, glancing up from her book to shoot Noah a playful glare. "Yeah, Noah. Show some respect for the furniture, will you? You're lucky Alex hasn't kicked you off the couch yet."

Noah chuckled, wiggling his toes in mock defiance. "I dare him to try."

Alex chuckled, setting aside his stack of papers as he watched the playful banter between his siblings. Despite the age gap between them, moments like these were what he cherished the most – the simple joy of being together as a family, even if it meant putting up with Noah's mischief and Belle's obsession with antiques.

As the afternoon wore on, Belle's stomach rumbled loudly, reminding her that it was time for a snack break. She glanced up at Alex with a hopeful smile. "Hey, Alex, could you make us some of your famous grilled cheese sandwiches?"

Alex raised an eyebrow, feigning indignation. "What am I, your personal chef now?"

Belle laughed, giving him a playful shove. "Come on, Alex, you know your grilled cheese sandwiches are the best. Pretty please?"

Alex chuckled, shaking his head in mock defeat. "Fine, fine. But only because I'm feeling generous today."

Noah grinned, already reaching for the remote to cue up their favorite movie. "And make sure to put extra cheese in mine, bro. You know how I like it."

Alex rolled his eyes, but there was a fondness in his voice as he headed towards the kitchen. "Yeah, yeah, I know. Extra cheese, just the way you like it."

As Alex disappeared into the kitchen, Belle and Noah exchanged amused glances. Despite his sarcastic exterior, Alex had always been the epitome of a doting older brother, especially when it came to cooking for his siblings. It was moments like these that made Belle grateful for her brothers' unwavering love and support, even if they did drive her crazy sometimes.

As they settled in to enjoy their snack and movie marathon, Belle couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over her. In a world filled with chaos and uncertainty, she knew that as long as she had her brothers by her side, everything would be okay. After all, no matter what challenges they faced, they would always have each other – and plenty of grilled cheese sandwiches – to see them through.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed what you've read so far, consider leaving a vote or a comment, or both, as I've heard it can boost my works here on Wattpad. Any form of support is appreciated, and the fact that you've reached this part means a lot. You can also follow me here for announcements and such. For random videos, find me on TikTok @fish3703xcgc. 🙌📚🎥