6.0 Realm of the Unconscious

With breakfast done, Lily and Belle prepared to start their day and headed to Milo's house. Belle greeted Milo's mom warmly, affectionately referring to her as "auntie." However, to their surprise, Milo's mom informed them that the boys were running late and were still in line for their turn in the bathroom.

Worried about the boys being late for school, Milo's mom kindly suggested that Lily and Belle go on ahead. As they walked towards school, Lily and Belle shared a chuckle over the differences in morning routines between boys and girls, reflecting on how their own morning rituals allowed them to navigate time constraints more efficiently. The conversation flowed effortlessly, weaving a tapestry of shared moments and understanding.

The boys' morning routine unfolded in a cascade of chaos. Waking up late set the tone for a mad dash to the bathroom, each one vying for the coveted first spot. Their lively arguments echoed through the house, a symphony of morning commotion.

Grooming became a race against the clock. From styling clothes to fixing hair, the boys added their unique flair to the morning hustle. Milo's mom, amused by their antics, joined them for breakfast. She shared the news that Belle and Lily had dropped by earlier, emphasizing the urgency of their tardy departure.

The boys, fueled by a hurried breakfast, dashed out the door in a sprint to school. Conversations mixed with laughter as they navigated the streets, energized by the shared chaos of their morning escapade.

Class tension escalates as the clock ticks down, and Belle grows increasingly anxious. Jax bursts in, fashionably late, only to face the wrath of the teacher. The teacher criticizes Jax for repeated tardiness, citing two infractions in a row.

Belle, not one to remain silent, rises to Jax's defense. She explains that their tardiness is due to a club activity. The teacher, however, unimpressed, scolds Belle for speaking out of turn. Reminded of her earlier leniency, the teacher warns Belle not to push her luck and instructs her to visit the faculty during the upcoming recess. The atmosphere in the classroom becomes tense, setting the stage for Belle's impending visit to the faculty.

As Belle heads to the faculty, an unexpected drama unfolds in the classroom. Some girls confront Jax, accusing him of tarnishing Belle's reputation. Jax, uninterested in others' opinions, asserts his right to speak freely. This prompts some guys to intervene, criticizing Jax's tone and questioning his understanding of Belle's revered status.

Perplexed, Jax dares to challenge the glorification of Belle. He questions why everyone treats her like a goddess, insisting she's not as angelic or beautiful as they claim. The room falls silent, shocked by Jax's unconventional viewpoint. The unexpected discourse leaves an uneasy atmosphere lingering in the air.

In the faculty room, the scolding intensifies as the teacher, Mr. Anderson, rebukes Belle for her association with Jax. He expresses his concerns about Milo and Ethan being a bad influence, but now, with Jax in the mix, he fears a more significant impact on Belle's academic life.

Mistakenly believing the dating rumors, Mr. Anderson threatens to disband the Cursed Games Club and contact Jax and Belle's parents about their alleged relationship. Frustrated, he comments on the challenges of dealing with wealthy, spoiled kids and laments the added complexity of his job. Despite the hassle, Mr. Anderson is determined to enforce what he believes is necessary.

The principal enters the faculty office, where Belle and Mr. Anderson are present. Belle greets the principal, who assumes that Belle is assisting the faculty once again. Mr. Anderson, still frustrated, begins explaining Belle's supposed transgressions.

The principal, however, laughs off the situation, telling Mr. Anderson to let it slide. She proceeds to highlight Belle's numerous achievements and contributions to the school, praising her rather than reprimanding her.