°•15•°

With the Investigators:

F/n:"Well, let's just say that I offered that someone should stay behind at headquarters and every few days or so we take shifts. Mr Yagami said no and I didn't want to argue or anything of the sort soooo I just went with it."

L just nodded his head, listening to what F/n says.

With Light:

Light:"Ms. Maki, please wait. It's impossible to meet L. It's useless."

At this point, Light was right next to her. 'Maki' stopped walking as light stood in front of her.

'Maki':"He might... allow me to meet him. I only followed his orders from beyond a computer screen, but two years ago in America, worked on a case under L."

Light:"You worked under L?"

He was a bit shocked with the new information the woman gave him.

'Maki':"Until three months ago, I was an FBI agent."

Light:'This is it... I can use this.'

Light:"Is that so? It's no wonder. Your actions are not of those of an amateur. You move carefully and wisely as you get to the heart of the matter."

Light walked around the woman to go the opposite direction from her with his hands going back into his pockets.

Light:"I'd like to learn from you."

Ryuk did his signature chuckle as he watched with amusement.

Ryuk:"It's amazing how you can line up all those lies like that."

'Maki':"I must approach this in my own way. I have to suspect the police and even the people within the task force. But I trust L. I thought that if I went ot headquarters and have them verify my name and face, I'd be able to speak directly to L."

Light:"I see. But why did you tell me that you wanted to talk to L?"

'Maki':When I wasn't allowed to see someone from the task force, I became angry. Then I ran into someone who claimed to be the son of one of the lead detectives. No, that's not it. I'll tell you the truth. You seemed like L. I felt that you two are similar."

Light fully turned his body towards her as he spoke with her.

Light:"Shall we investigate the case together?"

'Maki':"Huh?"

Light:"Will you work as an agent in the task force? Of course, not just anybody is allowed. But we need people like you! Oyu could be doing more than gathering general information. You were an FBI agent. You're more talented than our current detectives. Even L trusted you. To join the task force, you need proper identification,a recommendation from a current detective on the team, and at last, L's permission."

'Maki':"You want me to join the task force?"

Light:"It must be fate too meet you here! I'll recommend you! Oh, sorry. I got carried away."

'Maki':"N-No it's fine."

Ligyt:"Even if you can cooperate with the investigation, I understand you have personal circumstances to attend to. Especially since you live in America..."

'Maki':"I was planning to continue living with my fiancé in America, and he and I were to get married this spring. But now that he passed away, I'm lost as to what I'll do."

Light:'All right. Since I've come this far, I'll push a little.'

Light:"But your still young and beautiful. You shouldn't be involved in this."