°•12•°

No one's POV:

Previously:

Aizawa:"Let's split into two groups."

F/n:'Well, they're hyped about working into 4 in the fucking morning. Man, I'm seriously gonna miss my sleep because of this case. I can already tell.(⁠。⁠•́⁠︿⁠•̀⁠。⁠)'

Present time:

Aizawa:"One will trace the FBI agents, and the others will research those who had heart attacks."

Matsuda:"There are only a few people who were able to get info from headquarters, whom the FBI were investigating during their first five days!"

Aizawa:"Yeah."

L:"Well, does anyone have any questions?"

Mr Yagami:"Well then, Ryuzaki, I have a question. You said earlier that you hate to lose. But you've shown your face. Doesn't that mean you've already lost to Kira?"

L:"That's right. The fact that I've shown my face and that I've sacrificed twelve FBI agents are both losses. But I will win in the end. This is the first time I've put my life on the line. Let's show Kira that we're willing to risk our lives..."

L then gave a smile towards the others.

L:"because justice will definitely prevail."

Mogi:"Th-That's right."

Matsuda:"Justice will prevail!"

Ukita:"Let's do our best!"

Whilst everyone was hyped up for their job, F/n is internally crying and saying his goodbyes to his sleep.

L:"First off, in order to make sure that Kira, or a spy, is not amongst us, I would like to talk to each of you individually."

Mr Yagami:"It's understandable."

F/n:"I agree. If Kira or a spy for Kira's been gathering information from headquarters from the beginning, chances are high that he's here."

Whilst the group was chatting, Ryuzaki went towards a window.

L:'Things have been going well so far. If I only had one more thing... Just one more decisive clue...'

The scenery changed back to Light.

Light:'If there was just one thing I missed... Just one piece of evidence that would come to light... It could cost me my life'

L:"Just one thing..."

Light:"Just one thing..."

Next day:
Light's POV:

Ryuk:"Have you finished studying?"

Light:"Yeah. It's all right. There wasn't anything I missed."

Light:'My biggest gamble was the bus-jacking incident, but it's impossible to connect it to Kira. The police and L don't know that Kira can kill people by means other than heart attacks. But if anyone were to discover that fact, it would be a huge problem for me.'

I then decided to head down stairs. My mother was talking to my sister with a bag in her hand.

Mother:"Dad's been pulling overnighters. He needs clean clothes. You've got to give this to him."

Sister:"I promised I'd go to the first New Year's Shrine Visit with my friends!"

Light:"I'll go. I could use a break."

Sister:"How lucky! Thank you, Light!"

Back up the stairs:

Ryuk:"That means that you can spy on the Police Department."