°•14•°

No one's POV:
With the investigators:

Mr Yagami:"Our names and ranks are all fake."

Matsuda:"Fake police IDs?!"

L:"Kira requires a name and face to kill. We are challenging Kira with that premise in mind. This is a non-brainer."

Ukita:"B-But a police officer with a fake ID is..."

F/n:"If Kira needs a name to kill, an alias would go a long way in protecting our lives."

Mr Yagami:"We should carry these around."

One by one, the rest agreed.

L:"When you have to give out your names to strangers, use the alias in your IDs."

All of them agreed, once again.

L:"Please be careful not to take them out within the police headquarters. It could cause problems."

Watari :"Well then... I would like everyone to wear these belts."

Matsuda:"Belts?"

Watari :"There is a tracking device in the buckle. This way, Ryuzaki will know your whereabouts. And when you press the buckle twice..."

Watari pressed it twice when his phone went off. He pulled out his phone and turned the ringing off.

Watari:"My cellphone will ring. I'll follow-up by calling you immediately. In the morning, you will go to work at the police department. Later, using this method, I shall confirm our hotel and room number. Please use this for emergencies as well."

After his speech he handed out the belts to the people standing around him.

Matsuda:"This is kinda cool. It's like we're a special force chasing Kira!"

F/n:'Aren't we?'

Mr Yagami:"Matsuda! This isn't child's play. Don't joke around."

Matsuda:"Okay..."

With Light:

'Maki':"Thank you very much. Thanks to you, I have gained confidence in my theory."

Light:"Not at all."

The woman gave a small bow with her head and left. Light kept standing in place.

Light:'Ryuk started talking about the eye bargain again... Beyond a shadow of a doubt, she's using an alias. At this rate, with her theory that Kira was on the bus and given the people whom Raye Penber was in charge of investigating, the police will immediately suspect me. No... They'll suspect Y/n as well so my chances of not getting suspected are a bit better but still not close good. Why do I feel like I shouldn't let Y/n be suspected as Kira? Why do I feel worried that they might?... Whatever.'

Ryuk let out another chuckle.

Ryuk:"Hey, she's leaving. Is that okay?"

Light:'It should be five minutes until she reaches the police headquarters. Think... How can I get her name within five minutes?'

Light decided to start walking again, still a bit behind her.

Light:'She's going to the police headquarters. If someone from the task force has returned, me and probably Y/n will be goners. Somehow, I've got to find out her real name, and finish her off. Now I only have three minutes left. All right.'

He then sped walked towards 'Maki'.

Ryuk:"What are you going to do?"

Light:"Excuse me..."