CHAPTER-11

MALLIKA'S POV,
"Hey! What happened? Why are you leaving?" A voice came from my back.

I knew at once who was the owner of the voice. I turned back to answer him.

"Yes Santosh, I'm going to the auditorium. The recitation and the dance troupe will be giving a rehearsal now. So, i just need to check once.

"Okay, fine." He said, making a puppy face.

He was not looking fine, there was something going in his mind.

"Santosh, is everything fine? Aunty gave a call, right? Is she fine?"

"She always has a problem with me."

"Why? What happened?"

"No, forget it. You are already a bit disturbed due to the event and........" I didn't let him finish his sentence.

"Okay.... So, we are not friends? Friends are for sharing. A few minutes back, weren't you patient enough to hear me? Now it's my turn. Tell me."

"Yaah," he nodded with a smile.

"Will you attend the English class now?"

"No, I'm seriously not in a mood. Fine, then why don't you come with me?"

"Where? Auditorium?"

"Yes, let's go."

"But.........."

"Sssh....no more discussion." And i dragged him to the auditorium.

The moment we entered the auditorium, Pallavi at once greeted us.

"Hi Mallika. Hi Santosh."

"Hello Pallavi," we both greeted her together.

I turned to Santosh and asked him to sit. He nodded his head and went straight to the last seats to take his seat.

"Mallika, what's wrong? Santosh is here, is everything fine? He looks sad." Pallavi asked me.

"Yeah, he will be fine after some time. Anyways, let's continue with our work and after that, I'll have a word with him."

"Yes, sure."

Two girls started reciting a poem jointly by Rabindranath Tagore. After giving instructions to them, they just couldn't do it correctly as their coordination was very poor.

"Stop girls. There is a lack of coordination between the two of you. Practice and then come tomorrow, okay." I advised them.

"Okay," they said softly and left the stage.

"Come on, Pallavi who is the next?"

"The buisness management students will perform a dance now."

"Okay....please pass the shedule to me."

I turned back to see Santosh, who was busy playing with his mobile phone.

"I must talk to him." I thought.

"Where are the dancers, Pallavi?" Turning back, i asked her.

"Yeah, they are coming."

I waited there for a couple of minutes while checking the shedule list before going to Santosh.

"Okay Pallavi, I'm there at the back. Call me when needed."

"Yeah sure."

I walked to Santosh.

"Playing games?" I smiled.

"Hmmm," he smiled back.

I took a seat beside him. He kept his phone in his pocket.

"Santosh, what's the matter? You know you can share anything with me, right?"

"I know that well, Mallika but it's just i don't want you to get tense."

"Ufff! Now come on. Tell me, is aunty fine?"

"Yeah, she is absolutely fine. She will not let me live 'FINE'."

"What? I didn't get you."

"I didn't tell you one thing." He said softly.

"What?" My eyes popped out.

I have applied to Harvard Law school and yesterday they accepted my form and asked me to complete the procedures for admission that includes the admission charges too.

"Woow! That's great news." I jumped in excitement.

"Not so GREAT dear. Because my parents don't want me to join them." He said sadly.

"But why? It's a great opportunity."

"They want me to join my dad's buisness. But that's not what my ambition is. I don't want to join my father's buisness at all." He said sternly.

"Look! You can talk to them calmly. I think they'll surely understand." I advised him.

"They won't. I know they won't understand. I spoke to them quite a few times, but i failed to make them understand. All they want me to do is run their buisness. They denied paying the admission charges also. And the last day for payment is the day after tomorrow."

"Should i go and talk to your mom?"

"You know, my parents like you very much. Actually, much more than me but here, i have no idea."

"How will it be, if i go to your place after college?" I questioned him.

"Will you be able to?"

"Why not?"

"Then you are coming with me after college, right?"

"Hmmm....."

"I wish, this works out."

"It will surely."

I was patiently hearing Santosh when i heard Pallavi screaming my name. I raised my hand at once to show that I've heard her.

"Excuse me, Santosh. I'll join you back, okay." He nodded.

I turned to move towards Pallavi. When i was just about to reach her, i was aghast to see the person standing beside her.

"GOD, GOD! WHY IS HE HERE?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, hello readers!

How's the chapter?

If you like then please smash the star button and do comments according to your thoughts!!!

Thank you...
Bye,
Stay safe.