•*⁀➷ ꒰ graduation ꒱

( ୨୧ ♥︎! JUNE 19TH, 2022 ୨୧ ♥︎! )

IT was no lie when sooyoung claimed that she cut off all contact with her family. so, the blonde was rather surprised to hear chaewon say her name, informing the younger that her mother was calling.

none of her members knew who was sooyoung's mother. she barely uttered a word to and about her. sooyoung snapped her head towards chaewon and lifted her brows, ensuring that she heard the leader incorrectly. her mother, calling? impossible.

if she was, that meant it was an emergency. why else would sooyoung's mother call? she approached chaewon and grabbed her phone, correctly identifying her mother's name flashing across her phone. she slid the 'accept call' button and placed her phone on her ear.

"zhang mei?" sooyoung called out, speaking in mandarin, unsure despite confirming the name on her screen.

"xiuying," a familiar voiced called out. sooyoung's eyes widened, she ignored the look of confusion on chaewon's face and crept out of the dance room, giving the two of them more privacy.

"what's wrong? what's with the sudden call?" sooyoung asked, the remaining of their conversation mandarin.

"i know its abrupt, but it's meng-yao's graduation in three days. even though we're not on good terms, i would still like it if you came. meng-yao would too," mei informed, seeming doubtful.

sooyoung nodded, despite the fact the other couldn't see her. "i know, i was already planning to go."

"really?"

sooyoung scoffed, already feeling annoyed. "of course, she's my sister. i'm not an asshole."

mei sighed heavily, "don't put words in my mouth, whatever. i'm not in the mood to fight, call me when you land in china," mei officially ended the conversation there. but a texted pinged, 'make sure qianfan goes too. he's in korea.'

sooyoung decided against replying and entered the practice room again, seeing some of the girls gathering around to review their dance.

"hey, who was that?" chaewon asked upon seeing the girl enter.

"my mother."

chaewon spun around, "is it me, or is this the first time i've heard you mentioning your mom?"

"yeah, she's never mentioned her before," eunchae called out.

sooyoung let out a smile, a low chuckle following after. she placed her phone on the floor and joined her members. "i've never spoken about her to you guys, before," she ensured.

"what else do we not know?" chaewon asked.

"well, i have a younger brother and an older sister, i'm heading to her graduation in china," sooyoung explained.

everyone in the room seemed rather shocked, it was their first time hearing the word "mom" leave sooyoung's mouth, and to realize that she had more family members shocked them further.

"oh, when are you leaving?" sakura asked.

"tomorrow," sooyoung explained, "i already got permission from the CEO. i'll be back next week."