•*⁀➷ ꒰ predebut ꒱

( ୨୧ ♥︎! DECEMBER 2ND, 2021 ୨୧ ♥︎! )

XIUYING plopped down on the hardwood floor after hours of practicing, she was getting annoyed with herself and her members because they were struggling on a certain part in a choreography. debut was a couple of months away, and they had no time to waste.

"xiuying, this isn't the time to take breaks," a dance instructor said with a stern voice, to which the girl responded with a eye roll. she lifted herself off the ground and stood in position. "follow my count, and let's get it right. 5, 6, 7, 8."

the group had begun dancing, switching to their positions as they heard their instructor sing off-key. xiuying walked past chaewon and stood in the center, dancing and lip syncing to her part, she showed off a couple of facial expressions and switched her positions.

in the midst of the choreography, she bumped into kazuha, messing up the choreography. "stop, stop," the instructor said after noticing the mistake.

xiuying came to a halt and stared at kazuha, frustration bubbling up in her stomach. "are you even paying attention to where you're going?" xiuying started, "debut is literally a couple of months away."

kazuha scoffed and rolled her eyes, "as if i'm the only one making mistakes. you should've been paying attention!"

"i can't because i'm walking backwards, for gods sake! i don't care if you make a mistake, but this mistake has been so fucking repetitive. just fix it already!" xiuying rose her voice, anger bubbling in her stomach.

"well i'm sorry i'm not a perfectionist like you," kazuha sarcastically said, getting angry too, "but don't be a bitch and come at me for making mistakes."

"enough! this isn't your place to criticize!" the dance instructor yelled, effectively shutting the both of them up. "xiuying, get out and get some fresh air and don't come back until you're right in the head."

xiuying let out an annoyed groan as she stormed out of the practice room, she walked down the corridor and came to a stop in front of the bathroom. as she barged inside, she came face to face to a mirror.

she stared at her sweaty, beet-red self. her brunette hair sticking to her skin, her eyes getting red and watery. she let out a couple of breaths, feeling the anger subside. but all she felt now was frustration and pain.

she didn't mean to lash out at kazuha, but the amount of mistakes she made had begun to piss her off. and considering she's one of the best dancers, aside from xiuying, annoyed her further. all she wanted was to prefect this dance and the others so they could worry less and move on to other things.

preparing for debut wasn't easy, xiuying knew that. but the last time she prepared for debut, she was alone and now she was with five other people and she had to learn how to work with them.

xiuying inhaled a deep breath and shakily exhaled it, she had to put herself together. she flipped her hair out of her face and slapped cold water on it. finally, she was ready to go back. xiuying exited the bathroom and walked back to the practice room, taking a moment to think to herself. and she opened the door, stopping all the chatter in the room, gazes averting to her.

xiuying ignored them and closed the door. the dance instructor stared at xiuying, "are you okay?" the brunette nodded, "are you ready to practice?" the girl shook her head. "then why are you here?"

xiuying turned to kazuha and walked towards her, the younger one sent her an annoyed glare and rolled her eyes. xiuying fought back the urge to yell at her and stood in front of her before crouching down.

"i'm here to apologize for what i said. you're right, making mistakes is normal, but it's something we cannot afford right now," xiuying apologized but she offered her reasons onto why she got mad. "i'll admit, my approach was wrong and so was my language. that doesn't excuse my reasons, and for that, i apologize."

kazuha's glare softened and she gave a small smile, she pulled xiuying into a hug. "i agree," kazuha stated as she pulled away, "we can't afford mistakes, but i'm stressed and overwhelmed. but, i'm here to practice and get better. i appreciate your apology, and i'm sorry too."

xiuying let out a small smile and nodded, "let's go, then."

kazuha smiled and stood up, eunchae, who sat next to her, let out a small smile at their apologies and stood up. the girls got into position. a couple of mistakes happened, but it was all made up.

xiuying went home along with the girls, feeling relieved. today wasn't the best day, but it was a good way for xiuying to open up about her struggles and assess herself. kazuha and her got along really well, but they shared so many dance talents and have high expectations for each other.

debut was a couple of months away, and they would start preparing to shoot the music video very soon, and that thought alone made xiuying excited.