08 - Suposiciones

08 - Assumptions

It happened last year

It happened last year. The weather was cold and snow covered the entire city, of Toronto. We were sitting in the living room of our house with my father and mother. Uncle Ricardo Storm had a smile on his face, which, at the time, I thought was genuine. Too bad it turned out as evil as his heart.

The police barged through the doors and arrested my father for something he didn't do. He was convicted of first-degree murder of a police officer.

Uncle Storm, a nickname we gave him for his bravery, was an undercover police officer, helping us on the inside. We never thought that one day, he would betray his blood brother, let alone with murder.

My father confessed that he committed the crime, only because he was blackmailed by Storm. Storm had a video of me killing five men two years ago. The bastard had been thinking about it for so long. He only wanted my father gone and not me, an old matter between him and my father, that my father thought he was done with.

That's why we moved to Burnaby. Storm doesn't know where we live and we never saw him since that night. He quit and went into hiding, knowing that I will stop at nothing to kill him even if he was surrounded by thousands of police officers. He doesn't know my mother's real name, which the house is registered under. Not that we didn't trust him, but she didn't.

My mother always hated Ricardo and we still don't know why.

Shrugging my thoughts off, I focus on the man in front of me. Word was out that Storm had started a small gang and this man is one of them. I don't know if he is stupid or what, but he just opened the door for me to find him and kill him. He might be planning on something and trying to trick me, but it will never happen again.

"Where's your base?" I ask, tapping the silver knife on the palm of my hand. When he doesn't answer, I repeat. "I said, where's your fucking base?"

He looks up at me and spits. "I'm not telling you shit!"

"Really?" I grin, confusing him. "Okay, then." I raise the knife and stab his hand, earning an ear-piercing scream. "The next stab is going to be in your dick," I add, making his eyes widen in fear, not daring to blink.

"Now, answer me." I sigh. "Where is your gang's base?" I ask calmly as if I didn't stab his hand a minute ago.

"R-Richmond."

"Where in Richmond?"

"I-I can't...please, he'll kill me."

"I'll kill you if you didn't tell me. Why would you protect a man who doesn't care about you?"

"He...he has my family...please." The man pleads, but it did nothing to my cold, stone heart.

"Well, such a waste of my time," I say, stabbing his heart. "Send the body to Richmond...anywhere near an alley, but make sure no kids could see or walk around there."