Part 8

"Tumhe ni lagta that you owe me a thank you" Teja give a questioning look while travelling in cab to reach dominoz.

"Thank you... but kis lie " Karan was clueless.

Teja rolled his eyes "Common yaar.. hum dono ko thoda time chahie tha because kuch baat karni h tumhe itni se baat Vidhi and Nishant ko ni bol paye... isilie mujhe hi bolni padi... uske lie you should thank me na".

"Are haan uske lie to thanks banta h... but maine tumhe btaya na I was just thinking k tumhe ackward na lage" Karan's voice had concern.

"Karan... maine tumhe pehle bhi bola h... m kya sochungi... Nishant and Vidhi kya sochenge ye sab ka dhyaan agar tumhe rakhna h to hum tino kya kare..." She tried explaining him. "mere sath baat karni h akele... isme itna bada kya hain ki koi kuch sochega... chill na Mr. over thinker... tum na sabke baare me itna sochte sochte khud apni life ko unhappy and complicate kar rahe ho"

As Teja was trying to explain things to him they soon reached the restaurant. As soon as they entered and started checking the menu Teja turned to Karan.

"Okay so there are rules... m pehle hi bta rhi hu" She said pointing a finger at him.

"Rule no 1.. I dont like sharing food... i mean jo khana meri plate me hain wo mera h and wo m share ni karungi... agar tumne usme se lia to m ni khaungi... Rule no 2 choco lava sirf or sirf mere akele ka hga... pizza and garlic bread ka main ek piece share kar sakti hu but dessert me se 1 spoon bhi ni" She glared at him.

"Ok.. no worries... but m not a sweet tooth wala person... pura choco lava m akele ni kha paunga... mujhe to bas 1 spoon hi khana hota h" He asked.

"haan to 2 choco lava order kardo... 1 pura mera and tujhe apna jitna khana ho kha lio and i will have the rest but mere me se ni" She replied .

Karan nodded and they ordered their food.. He decided to start the conversation till the time their order is ready.

"Tumne mujhse kal raat ko ek ques pucha tha that m Anusha ke saath Pyaar hain islie hu ya aadat hain islie" He repeated her words from last night.

Teja nodded signaling him to go ahead.

"Chote hote se hi mera koi sibling ni tha... m hamesha se friends and girlfriend pe hi dependent tha... mere lie ye rishte bahot zaruri hain.. m bahot hi emotional hu... apne comfort zone me hi happy rehta hu... m apne ye rishte bachane ke lie kuch bhi kar sakta hu because they give me happiness.. Sanjay and Abhi mere best friends hain... maine unki bhi bahot galtiyaan chodi hain... for sure wo is level ki ni thi but still... I want to keep my relations intact... mere pas pehle hi bahot kam log hain.. I can't afford to loose them" Karan was constantly playing with his ring.

Teja was waiting for him to continue. He took a deep breath and looked at Teja and stopped playing with the ring. She took it as a sign that he is done with his answer.

"Karan... this is so weird" Teja was laughing now.

"Weird? what is weird now?" He was confused.

In the meanwhile their order came and she quickly opened the boxes in excitement. She smelled the aroma with a smile on her face. This brought an instant smile on Karan's face as well who was in deep thoughts till now. 

"Ok... so  firstly I asked you about love and you answered me about your fear of loosing your people" Teja said picking up a slice of pizza from the box.

"Now I have few questions... tumhe bas yes ya no me answer dena hain" She told him.

He nodded.

"First thing... Do you trust Anusha blindly?" Teja asked

"Haan... I mean haan karta hi hu bas kabhi kabhi..." Karan answered.

"Kabhi kabhi ni yaar... do you trust Sanjay and Abhi"? She enquired

"Haan haan bilkul... they are my best friends" He quickly answered.

"Bas aise hi haan ya naa me isi confidence and speed ke saath answer do ... do you trust her?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Hmm" He whispered.

"Looking at you confidence while giving this answer... I think is question ka answer tum bhi samjh gaye ho or main bhi... Anyways next question can you do anything to keep this relation going?" She proceeded further.

"Haan" came up immediately from his mouth.

"Can she also do anything to make it work?" She threw another one at him.

"Hmm.. i think so" He said.

"Again... think so ni.. haan ya naa" She was irritated now

"Ni pata mujhe.. I dont want to lie and say yes or no" he justified.

"Okay... fair enough...another question tumne kaha that your people give you happiness... is that true?" She enquired.

"Haan they do thats why they are my people" he gave an obvious look.

"Okk... Kya Anusha ke saath tera relation tujhe happiness deta hain?" She probed.

He hung his head knowing that the answer to this question is not something that he wants to say loud.

"I think i got your answer by your silence... now last thing... I promise iske baad koi question ni... Do you love her?" It was Teja's final knock.

"Yes" came his feeble reply.

"Ok to ab tum ye socho ke kya tumhare pehle ke answers and last answer match karta hain... kya aisa possible hain ke trust ni hain... loyalty ni... relation bachane ki drive ni hain... happiness ni hain but pyaar hain.. i mean seriously" Teja tried pulling him out of his delusional word.

She opened the choco lava cake and started eating it and offered the other one to him. None of them said anything after those words of Teja. Karan was pondering over those questions and Teja gave him his time to get some clarity of his feelings and thoughts.

They booked a cab and reached back their PGs. 

"Karan... tujhe pata hain aaj tu itna disappointed kyu tha when you thought ke shayad hum dono ko akele baat karne ka time ni milega" Teja asked as they were standing outside her PG.

He shook his head.

"That is because your mind and your heart were telling you two different things... kahi na kahi sach tum bhi jante the ki whats going on between you and Anusha but you wanted ki koi or tumhe btaye ki tumhe uske saath rehna chahie ya ni... As always tumhe kisi or se validation chahie tha ki haan tumhare sath galat hua and you should not be in the relationship if you are not happy" Teja explained.

He stood their quitely listening to her words. She walked towards him.

"Karan... agar tum uske sath happy ho pyaar krte ho and jo apne life partner se expect karte ho wo sab hain they you need not justify anyone to be with her and if you are not then also you need not justify anyone to split with her... last thing agar tum khush ni ho to tum usse is rishte me kabhi khush ni rakh paoge and then naam ke lie rishta rakhna jaha khushii ni hain is like carrying a dead body which has lost its soul long ago" She said keeping a hand in his shoulder.

Karan nodded and he understood what she was trying to explain.

"Chal ab i am going back to my PG... apni cute si smile de de fatafat then m going." Teja requested.

He curved his lips upwards.

"Maine kaha cute wali smile" warned Teja.

Finally Karan passed a big smile. Teja wished him good night and went inside her PG.