Found, Part 1

Next chapter is up!

(Please play this song while reading, thanks!)

Spirit's POV

I should have expected this. Really, I mean, with my luck? Why am I even surprised anymore?

The Cutie Mark Crusaders ended up herding me all the way to their hideout in the woods. When we get there, I actually find myself staring, slightly impressed. This is a pretty nice tree house for a group of fillies. 

"Heheh, what do you think?" Scootaloo asks with a smirk. "Pretty cool, right?"

"Yeah," I say honestly. "It looks awesome; I've never been in a tree house before."

The trio look at me, shocked. 

"Are you serious?!" Scootaloo cried. 

"Well, we have to change that now!" Sweetie Belle says cheerfully. 

"Yeah!" Apple Bloom pipes up with a smile, now nudging me once again, this time in the direction of their tree house. "You've gotta check it out! We promise it's just as amazing on the inside!"

True to their word, it was just as impressive on the inside. I can't help but find myself a little awed by the three fillies. They're a year younger than me, but they show so much talent. I can't help but wonder why they're so desperate for their cutie marks in the show when they can do so much without them. 

"Speechless, huh?" Scootaloo says proudly, all three watching my reaction. 

I continue to look around as I answer. "You guys are really lucky to be able to hang out in such an amazing place."

"Yeah! We like it a lot; we have fun playing and trying to plan how to get our cutie marks up here!"

Sweetie Belle points with her hoof at a wall filled with drawings, appearing to be ideas for how to get their cutie marks. 

"We use this board to show all the things we've already tried, and we add to it every time we do something new."

Apple Bloom suddenly looks towards with a curious expression. 

"Hey, do you have your cutie mark, Spirit?"

I freeze at the question, feeling the trio's gazes on my back. Thinking quickly, I lie. 

"Uh, no, I don't. Not yet."

I can't tell them I already have my cutie mark. If I do, they might ask to see it, and then I'll be in trouble. They'll definitely figure out who I am if they see my mark, it was all over Equestria on the banners that were hung for the crowning ceremony. 

(It has nothing to do with the fact that I have my mark and they don't. I'm not at all worried they won't let me play with them if they know I've got my cutie mark. I'm not afraid they'll kick me out.)

"Oh." Scootaloo looks slightly bummed, before her face brightens. "Well, then you can become a Cutie Mark Crusader like us! You can join us in our adventures to find our cutie marks, and maybe we can even all get the same mark! Wouldn't that be cool?!"

"Yeah!" Sweetie Belle exclaims excitedly. 

"Wanna join the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spirit?"

Apple Bloom comes up to my side and questions, a smile on her face that's mirrored by her two friends.