𝟏𝟒 - ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴏɴ.

chapter fourteen,
moving on.

chapter fourteen,moving on

2002

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE sat alone at the bench just two feet away from the cold water. she felt at peace with everything. she was okay.

she was helping Jack start ( or find ) a band with Lane. ( because she decided against joining ) Bell seemed to be on good terms with both her mother and sister. and things seemed to be going well with Cook (though, they weren't official yet).

Kitty would be visiting next weekend, after joining Bell for the friday night dinner. everything was good, and calm.

but nothing lasts forever.

about to open her book, Bellamy was stopped as she took in the person that had slipped right beside her on the bench.

they shared an awkward stare, before he finally spoke. "it's been a while" he said, letting out a small breath, before lighting up his cigarette.

"it has"

he inhaled the nicotine before his eyes fluttered from the side of her face to the lake. "feels like you've been avoiding me" he told her.

"nah" she shook her head, "just been busy"

"with James Cook?"

Bellamy nodded her head, "who else?" she grabbed a fistful of her hair and tied it up, the boy shrugged in response, and offered her the stick.

"i'm good" she denied it, "thanks"

"what, your boyfriend doesn't like you smoking?" she couldn't help but chuckle, "i do things for myself. i just don't feel like it"

"shocker"

her eyebrows furrowed at his sudden attitude, "so, you like my sister?" she brought up, her eyes meeting his own. "what makes you say that?"

"i saw your kiss, looked very . . romantic"

he raised his eyebrows in surprise, "she kissed me" Bellamy perked an eyebrow, "you showed up to the wedding. on your own- and you kissed her back"

he shook his head. "doesn't matter, i'm dating Shane"

"Shane?"

Bell had to cover her mouth, not allowing herself to giggle. Shane. she definitely didn't expect that.

"what's wrong with Shane?"