𝟏𝟎 - ʀᴇᴄᴏɴᴄɪʟᴇ.

chapter ten,
reconcile.

chapter ten,reconcile

2002

‧₊˚BELLAMY GILMORE spent the whole week at her grandparents house. it felt like a well needed vacation, she actually liked Hartford. shocker.

but unfortunately, friday whipped around like no tomorrow, and that meant Friday Night Dinners. lovely. in all honestly, she wasn't ready to see Lorelai after the blowout.

"BELLAMY, DINNER'S READY"

at the sound of her grandmothers holler, the brunette headed down stairs only to be greeted by a solo Lorelai.

"hi"

"hi"

Emily eyed the two, "come on, we don't want the food getting cold do we?" the mother and daughter followed after Emily, and sat on opposite sides of one another.

"you know, Bellamy. you'd really fit in at Chilton" Emily spoke, cutting into her chicken with her knife and fork. Richard hummed in response, "i concur. why didn't you join Rory?"

"i was asked not to"

this took Emily and Richard by surprise, their eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "you were not" Lorelai immediately shut her down, a scoff escaped her lips.

"what, your perfect daughter, not so perfect?"

Lorelai eyed the green-eyed girl. "are you saying that Rory asked you not to attend Chilton?" Emily asked, "well why would she do that?"

"she said i wouldn't fit in"

Emily shook her head. "that's just preposterous. you'd do very well there. your GPA is just wonderful. you're planning on attending Yale. i think you should consider it, Bell"

"You want to go to Yale?" Lorelai asked. in this moment, she realized- everything Bellamy told her, it was all true. she didn't know anything about her daughter.

she felt sad.

"yeah" Bell answered, before taking a bite of her chicken. "i didn't know that" the girl fought the urge to roll her eyes, "you never asked"

"i don't want to go to Chilton, grandma. i have the highest rank at stars hollow high- so i have more of a chance at attending Yale"

"oh, alright. do you like your chicken?"

"it's very juicy"

    ੈ✩‧₊˚AFTER DINNER, Bellamy headed upstairs to settle down

‧₊˚AFTER DINNER, Bellamy headed upstairs to settle down. she hadn't planned on leaving her grandparents house till sunday night.

she sat on her moms old mattress, about to open her book before she heard a knock on the door. "come in"

the doorknob twisted open, before the door squeaked open revealing Lorelai herself. she had an apologetic look on her face, "hi. can i sit?"

"sure"

the curly haired woman took a seat next to her daughter, who was unable to look her in the eye. "what you said the other night . . it's true"

these words took Bell by surprise. never in her life had she gotten an apology from Lorelai. this was new to her. her head shot up to meet her moms.

"i don't know anything about you, i guess i kind of saw you as more . . independent, like you didn't need me . ."

"i did"

"i realize that. i never meant to choose Rory over you, Bellamy. you're my daughter too, and i should be putting in more of an effort. i want to get to know you"

"you do?"

tears began to well up in the girls eyes, Lorelai had no idea how much Bell needed to hear these words. this didn't fix everything, but it was a start.

"i do. will you come home with me?"

she nodded her head. "yeah"

Lorelai then engulfed the girl into a tight hug. how had she not realized what she had done? how could she push her daughter aside? even she couldn't answer these questions.

and that was the worst part about it all.

she didn't know.

"come on, babe"