°•1•°

Ryuk's POV:
In the shinigami realm.•

As usual the shinigami realm is full of ruins and junk with shinigami's either gambling or just plainly talking.

Ryuk:'This world...is so boring'

Shinigami1:"What? A pair of sleeping skulls?!"

Shinigami2:"Hah! I win. Don't hold it against me."

Shinigami1:"Hey, Ryuk, wanna join us? Come hang out with us for a change."

Ryuk:"... No, I'll pass."

In the human world, somewhere in a classroom:
Light POV:

Teacher:"'Listen for the voice of God and never guess you will..."

The classroom is packed with students not really paying attention to the front of the class, either whispering to each other or they're playing games.

Teacher:"Yagami, what's the matter? Please translate the following sentences."

I stood up wth my book in hand to do as the teacher asked me to do.

Light:"'Follow the voice of God. Then the blessing of the sea will become bountiful and there will be no storms.'"

And with that everyone was looking at me.

Time skip:
No one's POV:

News lady in the bg:"Today, at approximately 11a.m. in Kanagawa Prefecture in Yokohama, the body of a man appearing to be about 30 years old was in an apartment, covered in blood. Kanagawa Police have opened a homicide investigation."

News guy in the bg:"In other news... Today, shortly after noon, in the Shibuya district of Tokyo, a 25-year-old women was gagged and killed by her live-in partner. 35-year-old Tofuji Naoki is being held in custody charged with her murder."

Light:'Day in and day out...the same thing over and over again...'

Ryuk:'Jeez... It's so ridiculous...'