CH 28: POWER COUPLE

Turns out, we most definitely can't do slow

Aiden had practically moved into my house the next morning, making toast and coffee for me before I even woke up. This wasn't something that I had ever experienced before and the thought made me almost burst into tears. I looked at my tracking app, and sure enough, the Red Wedding was arriving next week. But the thoughtfulness of the action is what counted. This man had a private cook who would make anything and everything he asked her for. And he woke on my first alarm, even when I told him it was just a warning, figured out where things were in my kitchen, and made the usual breakfast I ate.

I had savoured the last twenty minutes of my sleep when the alarm rang again, making me jump out of bed. This was my last alarm and I would be damned if I get late to work today. Checking in on Aiden doing okay in the kitchen, I hopped into the shower first, getting ready for the day. According to Monica's message updates, I had a meeting at 9.30 with the design team so we could finalise ideas for a billboard campaign that Jason was working on. Since the idea was his, he couldn't sign off on it and needed my approval. Then I had to have a word with the telecommunications arm, looking to sponsor a major music award show coming up in January. All I knew was that sponsors get straight access to these places, and that was exciting. Until I was reminded that Aiden fucking Steele was in my kitchen, and he probably had to just dial a few numbers to get access in these places without spending a single penny.

I was reading yesterday's updates when I walked out, bumping straight into Aiden, who smiled and kissed my cheek, "Look at my busy little CEO."

I giggled, like a stupid fucking schoolgirl, leaning forward and kissing his jaw, "Good morning."

He stepped back and appraised me for a second, and I secretly patted myself on the back for what I had chosen to wear. I had paired a red sweater with a black wraparound skirt that went a little above my knees, and plain black stockings underneath. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't taken extra care in picking my outfit today. My heels added only an inch to my height, but I was glad for it. I had a day full of meetings, which meant walking and I absolutely hated wearing heels too high. I noticed our breakfast laid out for us, and quickly scarfed it down. The coffee had sugar in it, which made me cringe a little, but I drank it up anyway.

"Should I drive you to work?" Aiden asked just as I was packing my bag for the day.

"Won't be necessary," I pushed in the folders I'd carried home, hoping to find a quick minute in the office before the meeting at 9.30 to go through them. There would be hell to pay if I didn't disseminate information at the right time to the right people, which meant I was going to be calling in a lot of people to my office today. I sent off a voice note to Monica listing all the people she needed to cram in my schedule, and she responded with a thumbs-up sign.

"Are you sure? I can be ready in ten minutes if I just have to drive you there." He said.

"It's fine, Aiden. I've been taking the subway to work every day this week. I've literally been travelling in the subways since I moved to New York."