Chapher Eighteen

On Tuesday Kai and Nicolas went back to school and Kai was still high on his happiness. He just couldn't stop smiling and bouncing around. Nicolas, too was over the moon that he finally gets to kiss and hug Kai whenever he wanted.

Or so he thought.

When they went back to school he had to keep his hands to himself. He knew how Kai felt with people staring and he would never do anything to make Kai feel uncomfortable.

And so he walked Kai to homeroom keeping his clenched hands in his pocket. When they stopped near the door Nicolas wanted to bend down and kiss his lips but instead he smiled and ruffled his hair. "Go on, I'll see you soon."

"Bye!" Kai said with a smile and entered the classroom.

When Kai walked in he immediately met the eyes of Noelle who was grinning at him with excitement. As soon as he was close enough she basically jumped him and he laughed. He wrapped his arms around her to prevent them from toppling over and glanced at Arthur warily, not wanting to offend him but the boy only smiled at him.

Kai let go of Noelle and sat down, trying to ignore everyone who turned to them at the commotion and instead grinned back at her.

"I'm so fucking happy for you Kai! Arthur told me all about the date!!" She whispered-shouted and he blushed.

He had forgotten that Rex and Arthur had helped Nicolas to plan the dinner. He wondered when Nicolas told them and then he realized that means that Arthur now knows about him too.

"Arthur." He whispered, catching the attention of the blond boy.

"W-when did you find out?" He asked biting his lip in nervousness.

"Kai." Arthur started off softly, "I always knew about Nicolas's feelings. He told me about the date and I'm nothing but happy for you guys. Nicolas is like my best friend too and I've been waiting for this to happen just like he was."

"Ohh..." Kai said. He knew. How come everyone knew about Nicolas liking him but him? Why didn't he figure it out sooner? Why was he so stupid?

"You okay?" Noelle bumped his shoulder and he smiled and nodded before turning around to face the teacher.

He hated himself for making Nicolas wait so long but he knew that now they were together he would do everything to make it up to him. He was going to make the wait worth it.

_

When it was lunch they decided to eat at the pizzeria instead of the cafeteria. It was just Kai and Nicolas and as they walked in they saw that the place was practically full.

Luckily they found a spare booth and Nic made Kai sit down saying he was going to go order, seeing as there was also a waitress missing and they had to order at the front and wait for it to be ready.

Kai took off his jacket and got comfortable, getting his phone out to play games while he waited.

"Omg did you see Kaylee and Rosalina?" He heard a girl say from the booth behind him. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but they were talking so loudly that it was hard not to hear.

"Yeah! That was just...disgusting!" He heard a guy's voice say and he frowned, what was disgusting?

"Yeah they were kissing! In the hallway! Two girls like that, they should be ashamed." A third voice added and Kai's heart dropped.

Why were they saying such mean things?

"Right! It's just not okay to do that. If they want to do those shameful acts at least do it where no one can see." The girl voiced out and Kai gripped his phone tighter.