Chapter Five

It was Saturday night and Kai was getting ready for the dinner his mother was hosting. He glanced at his appearance and nodded in approval at his reflection.

He was wearing a dark blue button up with the sleeve rolled up to his elbow and black jeans. His usual messy hair was nicely brushed back but he knew once Nic arrived it would be back to messy again.

He made his way downstairs to help his dad set the table while his mom finished up on dinner.

"It smells delicious mom." Kai said to his mother who beamed at him.

"Thank you sweetheart."

When the doorbell rang Kai rushed to the door and opened it to see his big brother and his fiancée. Lee had a light stubble along his jaw and he was in major need of a haircut but still looked handsome next to his beautiful soon to be wife Arabella with her chestnut hair and gorgeous grey eyes.

Kai immediately crushed his older brother in a bear hug and Lee laughed happily and squeezed Kai just as tightly.

"I missed you." He said once they pulled away.

"I miss you too." Kai said and then glanced at Arabella who was looking at them with a soft smile.

"Hi Bella. How've you been?" Kai asked giving her a small hug.

"I've been great!" She said with a wide grin and Lee glanced at her with a loving gaze that made Kai want to puke but also awe at the couple and how happy they were.

"Lee!" Kai's mom yelled and rushed to her eldest son to squeeze him into a hug.

"Oh my baby I missed you so much!" She exclaimed and Kai quietly chuckled while his dad came as well in the crowded hallway.

"I missed you more mom." Lee said pulling away and kissing his moms cheeks before she rushed to her soon to be daughter in law.

"Welcome home son." Their father greeted his son and gave him a firm pat on his back which made the whole family laugh.

His father only ever showed affection to his wife. And maybe once in a blue moon his sons got a hug or two. It wasn't that their dad was mean in fact he was extremely protective of his family but when it came to affection he got quite awkward with it.

The family settled in the living room and dived in the topic of the upcoming wedding. Kai was beyond exited for his brother's wedding. He always wondered why they had waited so long but Lee said that he wanted to buy his precious girl a house before marrying her. And he did. He brought her a beautiful home and showed it to her as soon as they came back from the cruise trip.

The doorbell rang once again cutting off the conversation.

"I'll get it!" Kai exclaimed with a smile and rushed the door to welcome his best friend.

He opened the door and sucked in a sharp breath at the beautiful sight that was Nicolas Martinez. He was wearing a black button up very similar to Kai's and black jeans. His hair was slicked backwards and he had dark shades on hiding his breathtaking eyes. Kai lifted his hand and slowly removed the shades.

"Where are your glasses?" He breathed out.

"Home. I put on some contacts. Do you like it?" Nic asked with a small smile as he slightly bent down to look Kai in the eye.

"Mhmm." Kai hummed still in a trance as he looked into his best friends eyes.

Were they always this gorgeous?

Nic chuckled and lifted his hand to ruffle Kai's hair, just like he expected, and winked at him.

"I like your hair messy better." He whispered, leaning closer to the boy's ear before grabbing his shades from a wide eyed Kai and walked into the house.