Chapter Eight

Kai sighed and shoved his things into his locker before making his way to the cafeteria. He was tired and wanted to go home with Nicolas and cuddle.

Nic had promised to hang out after school to make up for yesterday and Kai was very exited about it. As he walked closer to his usual table he noticed Rex was sitting there too and he and Nicolas were laughing loudly at something. Kai frowned and stopped in his tracks. Rex noticed him and waved him over but Kai only stayed rooted where he was standing.

When Nicolas turned to look at Kai he noticed the frown on his best friends face and got up to comfort him when Kai suddenly turned around and ran out of the cafeteria.

"Kai!" Nicolas yelled and ran after him.

Kai continued to run until he stopped at an empty hallway and closed his eyes in embarrassment.

He was so so stupid. Why did he run? What was wrong with him?

Nicolas finally caught up to him and turned Kai to face him.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly, grabbing Kai's arm and preventing him from running away again.

"N-nothing." Kai whispered looking down at his shoes. Nicolas lifted Kai's chin and looked into his black eyes with a soft look.

"I know something is wrong. Tell me." He cooed softly rubbing Kai's chin with his thumb.

"I don't like it when you laugh and smile with Rex" Kai mumbled. "I want you to only smile at me."

Kai was so embarrassed and he knew he sounded like a jealous little kid but he couldn't help it. He thought Nicolas would be weirded out and tell Kai how stupid he was being but his best friend only grinned and pulled Kai into his chest.

"Do you know how adorable you are?" Nic asked while softly rubbing Kai's back.

"I know it's stupid and I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I'm sorry." Kai said while pulling away from the hug and looking down at his shoes.

"It's not stupid. And I'm sorry for making you feel that way. I told you before and I'll tell you again. You're my best best friend and you're the one I want to spend all my time with." Nic whispered and lent down until their foreheads were connected.

Kai's eyes widened and his cheek flushed. Hearing Nicolas say those words while being so close to him made Kai's heart race.

"I...." he trailed off not knowing what to say.

Say something! His subconscious screamed at him.

Kai wanted to say something but he couldn't open his mouth all he could do was stare at his best friends face. He had a small smile on his face and his green eyes were shining with happiness.

"Come on let's go back and I'll get you your food yeah?" Nic said pulling away and grabbing Kai's hand to lead him back into the cafeteria.

"Yeah okay." Kai whispered with blushing cheeks and a hidden smile on his face.

When they got back to their table Nicolas sat Kai down before going to get some food for him.

"I'm not gonna steal your man."

Kai looked at Rex with wide eyes while the latter grinned and ate a strawberry.

"W-what?" Kai stuttered.

"You don't need to worry about me stealing Nicolas. He's all yours. He's just my friend. I already have a best friend." He said while putting quotations marks on the best friend.