Detective's trouble| R. Edoga...

Av icy__iris

In which the greatest detective faces something he can't solve with his deductions. Started : 6 December, 202... Mer

A/n
Chapter. 1 : reunion
Christmas Special
A/n (2)
Chapter. 2 : yesterdays rival, today's friend
Chapter. 3 : the cop's first mission
Chapter. 4 : bitter past event
Chapter. 5 : Raccoon
Chapter. 6 : birthday
Chapter. 7 : cop and detective
A/n : Thank you!
Chapter. 8 : candy conflict (part1)
Chapter. 9 : candy conflict (part 2)
Chapter. 10 : emergency
A/n 3
Chapter 11 : the station

Prologue

6.1K 211 163
Av icy__iris

"I'm already the best detective in Japan. And when i grow up, i'll be the greatest detective in the world"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
_____________________________》

Author's POV

Becoming "the greatest detective" wasn't quite easy

But he managed to grab the title and make it his

At least, half of Japan, knew him as the greatest detective.

To his surprises, there were the times, when even the greatest detective wasn't busy.

Sitting behind his desk, playing with his now empty ramune in his hand. It was a calm and normal day, the only loud sound in the office was coming from his always busy colleague who was typing on his laptop. The others were working as well or were told to do their job. But no matter how much he just sit there and do nothing, no one could tell him "why don't you do your work?" Or "get back to work" not even his certain colleague who seemed to never is done with works. He knew why everyone respect him and don't scold him for not doing work.

But sometimes, even his free times made him bored

He opened the door of his silver secret candy box, only to be met with two small packs of junk food. He grabbed them out of the box, observing them with his half closed eyes. He had a disappointed look on his face.

He turned to his colleague who had his eyes on his laptop "Kunikida, we're running out of snacks" he pouted "sorry, Ranpo-San. I'm quite busy right now, but i'll add it to list" he replied politely, not looking away from his laptop screen "hmm, i can't wait that long. Atsushi! Come over here" the greatest detective called out loud

Upon hearing his name, the albino turned around and walked towards his superior's desk "what is it, Ranpo-San?" He asked politely "I want you to buy me snacks" he said in his usual carefree tone "sure, so where's the list?" Atsushi smiled, waiting to receive the list since he was always given a list to buy "there is no lists!" The detective said loudly, his smile didn't fade

"Eh? Then how do i know what kind of snacks should i buy?" Atsushi asked a bit stressed "i'll leave it up to you~ buy the best candies" he said as he placed his hand in front of Atsushi's face "b-but what if you won't like the snacks i'll buy?" Atsushi asked with his same stressed yet kinda annoyed expression.

"There's no way candies be bad"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking down the street among the crowd, the albino finally entered a shop. Once his eyes saw the shelves of junk food, he walked towards it. His jaw dropped once seeing the amount of various kind of snacks.

But he had no clue which of them is better

"There's no way candies be bad"

He remembered his superior's words "well...if that's the case then..." He raised his hand to grab one, but he was stuck if he should buy cakes? Candies? Cookies?. He thought he just buy all the kind of candies on the shelf

The second question was, had he enough money?

His arm dropped along with his face in defeat "Ranpo-san never told me how many snacks i should buy" he pouted, looking at the upper part of the shelf, he recognized the cookies he bought his superior last time "yes! I found one" the top shelf was a bit too tall for him so he stood on his tip toes a bit. His fingers touched the cookie box, but didn't manage to grab it as it fell off of the shelf on the ground, few feet away from where he stood.

He rushed to it only to see a woman in police outfit picked it up. Anxiety began to rush over him. She noticed Atsushi and walked towards him, smiling "is this yours?" She asked already handing the cookie box to him "Y-yes, thank you very much" Atsushi smiled as he took the candies. He headed towards the shelf, once again, didn't know what to choose. The police woman noticed and walked towards him, stopped once she was two feet away.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked smiling but formally "h-huh? Oh nothing, it's just...I don't know which ones to buy..." the albino felt stressed and embarrassed at the same time. He used to always buy based on the list, it was his first time he had to buy things based on his taste. Other than crepes, poor boy didn't even know if the candies are delicious or not.

"No problem, i can help" she smiled as she walked towards the shelf "R-really!? Thank you so much but...you don't have to..." He said in happy yet stressed tone. Didn't expect a police to help him buy candies "it's fine, i'm helping as a police, don't worry about it. So, are you buying for someone?" The woman asked. Atsushi raised an eyebrow "yeah....my superior" he said.

"I see, were you told any kind of special snacks?" She asked as she was searching among the candies, Atsushi joined as well "N-no, he didn't give me the list this time" he said. The woman paused for a moment "hmm...well...buy the ones you think are the most tasty among all. For example, this" she grabbed a pocky and held it in front of Atsushi.

"Oh i understood, thank you so much!" He smiled happily as he took the pocky. The cover was red and a few pocky pictures on it but various tastes. "No problem, i hope it was useful. Have a nice day" she waved as she passed the albino. He stood for a moment, before going back to pick up the candies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are late, Atsushi!" Said the greatest detective as he saw the albino coming his way with two full plastics on his hands "sorry, Ranpo-san" he then placed the plastics on his desks "ooh, let's see what do we have here~" he cooed as he pulled the snacks out of the plastics one by one and placed them all on his desk. "Very well, you're good at choosing snacks" he gave Atsushi a thumb up "thank you, Ranpo-san. It wasn't just me though" he smiled sheepishly, almost mumbled the last part

"Did you say something, Atsushi?"  Asked the spiky haired detective as he munched on his snack "o-oh, do you need anything else, Ranpo-San?" He asked "Hmm....Nope, you can go now" he smiled while bitting on his candies "understood, thank you Ranpo-san" and then he walked away.

The spiky haired detective finished his first snack in less than five minutes. Didn't know where to start, he just observed his candies then one caught his attention, he reached for the red cover and pulled it out of the rest candies. Pokies with various tastes. Not just that, he already knew the whole reason why Atsushi was late. Looking at the pocky cover with various colored chocolates on it, he opened his emerald eyes.

______________flashback, twenty years ago____________

"Found you!" Yelled a little boy with spiky black hair and emerald eyes "no fair! You found me too fast, you probably saw where i was hiding" pouted a little girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes as she stood up and stepped out of her hiding place.

"I didn't see where you were hiding. But of course i knew, because i'm the best detective! And when i grow up, i'll be the greatest detective in the whole word!" He yelled in joyous as he raised his hands up to the sky "I'll be the best detective too!" The girl added, smiling at her friend's behavior

"hmm? Nope! There can't be two best detectives in the world, besides even if you'll be a detective you can never pass me. You still have long way to reach me" though his words were somehow offensive, he meant no offense.

The girl pouted "th-then...i'll be a police, i'll be the best police in Japan!" The girl said in excited tone "very well, you can be my right hand. But I don't think i'll need one because i'm the best detective!" He added. The girl chuckled in defeat "fine, oh by the way, since you found me, i give you rewards, this is for you" she said as she handed him a pocky.

"What's this?" He asked curiosity as he took the pocky "it's called pocky" she showed it's box to the boy "by the way, aren't you the best detective? So you should have known what it's called" she teased "of course i knew! I wanted to test if you knew too!" He pouted. The girl chuckled.

_______________end of flashback_________________

The crimson pocky box was exactly like the one he saw couple decades ago. He smiled

"You still have good tastes in sweets, (Y/n)-Chan"

____________________________________________

A/n : I hope you all enjoyed the prologue ^^

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

12.1K 381 21
While you are a cheerful, beautiful person full of warmth, you are a wanted criminal that is smart enough to challenge the so-called greatest detecti...
14K 438 14
⤷ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘢𝘤𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵. ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 𝘰𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘶 𝘥𝘢𝘻𝘢𝘪 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘢𝘤...
32.3K 1.1K 15
* ༄ ೃ °•⁀➷ ❝𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙗𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙣𝙤𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙗𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚�...
51.5K 950 41
𝙚𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 /əˈfem(ə)rəl/ ━━ lasting for a very short time (Oxford Languages). A collection of Bungo Stray Dogs (x Reader) oneshots and headca...