Betrothed for Rejection

Av AroobaAmber1

He hates me...He hates me to such an extent that even though i am lawfully his he wouldnt accept me or look a... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Betrayal
Chapter 2: The Proposal
chapter 3: The Happy Bride
Chapter 4: The New Home
Chapter 5: The Shock
Chapter 6: The Funeral
Chapter 7: The First Rejection
Chapter 8 pt.1 CrossOvers
Chapter 8 pt.2: The Fight
Chapter 9: The Heart to Heart
Chapter 10: The Retribution
Chapter 11: The Turn Of Events
Chapter 12: The Shopping Chaos
Chapter 13: In Memory of the Departed
Chapter 14: The Grey Shirt
Chapter 15: Rose in the Garden
Chapter 16: Putting my foot down
Chapter 17: The Argument
Chapter 18: Welcome to Scotland
Chapter 19: The Storm
Chapter 20: Oreos & Crisps
Chapter 21: The Kiss
Chapter 22: The AfterMath
Chapter 23: Foreign Enemy
Chapter 24: Foreign Enemy Pt.2
Chapter 25: The Fresh Start
Chapter 26: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 27: Broken Trust
Chapter 28: The Twin Sister
Chapter 29: The Wall of Mistrust
Chapter 30: Blending In With The In-Laws
Chapter 31: Happy Birthday
Chapter 32: The Escape
Chapter 33: Blooming Love
Chapter 34: The BeachHouse
Chapter 35: The Aftermath
Chapter 36: Healing Scars
Chapter 37: Hot Blubbering Mess!
Chapter 38: Wedding Shenanigans
Chapter 39: Confessions And Denial
Chapter 40: The Bride The Groom & The Broken Hearts
Chapter 41:The Dawn Of Another Conspirator
Chapter 42: The Red Letter
Chapter 43: Abducted
Chapter 45: Ends Meet
Chapter 46: Deja Vu!
Chapter 47: I Forgive You!
Author's Note

Chapter 44: Who's It Gonna Be?

8.6K 308 25
Av AroobaAmber1

Everyone turns to where Adrian is now standing. His eyes are throwing daggers at Cade and Evelyn.

Evelyn smiles as she slants her neck and turns toward Adrian.

"Finally, the grand finale entrance I had been waiting for! It's great to see you lover boy!"

"You are not getting away with this Evelyn, just put down the gun and everything is going to be ok".

Evelyn laughs and walks confidently closer to where Cade is holding me against the wall. Cade smirks at Evelyn as she hands him the gun. He puts it on my temple and I feel tears fall down my cheeks as he starts talking.

"I tried asking your pretty little trophy wife to sign the papers, but she won't agree! How about a little twist in the story.... sign the divorce papers Adrian... or wifey here gets all the content of this little gun fit in her skull".

Adrian tenses his jaw.

"No! Don't you sick—". I can sense the panic and fear in Adrian's voice.

Evelyn walks closer to Adrian laughing and thanking Cade, inches apart from Adrian, she presses herself closer to him and I feel I am going to puke all over again.

She hands Adrian the papers and kisses him. Adrian closes his eyes and his entire body is completely rigid. Cade pulls me closer, his hand starts lifting my shirt up and his fingers start to run on my stomach moving up. Oh God! This can't be happening, my skin crawls at his touch and I feel violated and disgusted. I let out a whimper which makes Adrian look straight at me.

The pain in his eyes is evident and he curses again.

"DON'T F*CKING TOUCH HER!" He yells at Cade but, Cade just laughs out loud as if its the funniest thing he has ever heard.

Evelyn hands Adrian the papers and asks him to sign them. I feel my heart pound faster. Just as Adrian is about to sign them, Derek enters and fires right at Evelyn's arm.

She lets out a scream and falls to the floor. Cade grabs hold of me and fires at Derek who has pushed Adrian out of the way.

Cade fires again and Derek gets shot in the back. I gasp and go completely numb, fearful of what might happen next. Derek falls to the ground. And Evelyn gets up. Holding a gun she hits the barrel of the gun on his head.

Oh God! I feel I am completely deprived of breathing as Derek lies there unconscious. My body goes completely limp seeing Evelyn lose her mind so easily.

Two fires are shot and everything comes to a standstill as Emma walks in wearing a maroon dress and maroon heeled pumps, the one she had worn when Cade had attacked me.

"What is all this commotion?" Emma yells as she walks down towards us.

She stops just a few steps from Adrian and Adrian looks at her in shock. She seems to have left all her emotions at bay, as she looks unaffected from the anger Adrian has in his eyes.

"Son! It's great to finally see you here! Finally the truth will be out and you will see what scam of a family she belongs to".

"What the hell is wrong with you? How could you hurt Ailey like this Mother? Why?"

"Ask your father why? He slept with that tramp! Left everything for her! And what do I get? For all the torture I had to go through, a dumb dead daughter and an simpleton of a son who actually fell for this gold digger!"

Adrian shakes his head in disbelief as Emma walks closer to where he stands.

"You are wrong Mother! You can't hurt Ailey in this she is innocent".

"She is anything but innocent! Be a darling and just sign the papers, we will have our fortune back!"

"Is this all for money? Why would you do such a thing for money?"

"Oh sweetheart I have done worst for money! That old man of yours is one tough cookie, I tried so hard to get rid of him, but to no luck! And then, I saw this opportunity, dangling right in front of us, how could I have not taken it, just sign the papers son, and it will all be over".

"Adrian... we can be together, just like you wanted... so who's it gonna be lover boy?". Evelyn coos as she runs her hands on Adrian's back. My heart cannot take any longer and I feel like all emotions have drained from my body.

What kills me more, is how easily Adrian puts down the gun that Derek had given him and grabs the pen to sign the papers.

"Adrian..." My voice is an inaudible but just a gasp. Our eyes lock for a moment and I see nothing but pained blue eyes looking back at me.

He signs the paper and hands them to Evelyn; she smiles with glee and hugs Adrian. If this wasn't torture enough I feel numb and lost after this. However, before I could collapse into my nothingness, Adrian grabs hold of the gun Evelyn had loosely put on the table, grabs it and fires at Cade.

Cade hisses as he gets shot in the arm and stumbles back pushing me away. I immediately crawl away from him and Adrian pushes Evelyn away firing at her leg.

She cries out in pain, as the police sirens are heard.

Emma yells out in anger and fires at the gas pipe, making the entire room foggy. Adrian runs towards me and I try to reach him but Cade grabs my leg and pulls me back.

He pulls me up and demands Adrian to stop just as the police rushes in. Backing away, Cade pulls me with him from the back door and into a car.

"No way, I am letting you go, not until I get paid". Cade yells with angst and anger laced in his words

He pushes me in the backseat as he gets in, while Emma drives the black SUV out of the old house, they had kept me in.

"Adrian... please Cade, don't do this... stop" I yell as Cade rips my clothes. Panic and worry consumes me and I beg Emma to stop this from happening.

"This is what you get for not doing as you were told you tramp!"

I scream at the top of my lungs as Cade abuses me and almost robs me of my sanctity when the car comes to an immediate halt.

Different police cars block the road and Emma is forced to stop the car. Police officers pull Emma down and Cade out of the car.

Within a second Adrian rushes to me and hugs me tight. I cover my body which is covered in bruises. Tears fall and I scream out loud from the shock and trauma I have been through.

"I am so sorry Ailey. So fu*king sorry baby". Adrian keeps whispering in my ear as he kisses my forehead.

"Adrian..I— I tried... I am so—" I manage to say between sobs.

"Shh... my love I am here. It's okay baby". Adrian hugs me tight running circles on my back and keeping me close.

He picks me up and holds me in his arms.

We are almost about to reach the car when Emma escapes from the police car she was in. Before the officers can grab her, she stands in front of me and Adrian.

"No way I am going to rot in that hellhole!". Is all she says and placing the gun at her temple! she kills herself.

I scream as the gun shot is fired and almost turn to look but Adrian holds my head and keeps me closer to his body.

"It's over Mia Bella, I'll always chose you, its always been you".

Those are the last words I hear before darkness consumes me.

Here you go. I apologise for the graphic content and if the suspense was too much. Love you all! Byeee

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

951K 24.6K 33
"You are no wife to me, you got it!? I'm marrying you because of circumstances and the sooner you feed it in your brain the better it will be for you...
32 12 12
For a moment I forgot that I was married, that I belong to someone else, that it won't end well if I meet him again. I ran to my room; eyes filled wi...
1M 24.5K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...
27.3K 1.3K 21
"Come on, just have a taste. I promise you'll love it." His eyes daring me to move closer for a taste. My hesitation noticeable, he reaches for my ha...