Mythical Nightmares || Little...

De CindyVonOtaku

I was thinking about this for MONTHS. M O N T H S. My obsession over Little Nightmares and Mythology makes me... Mai multe

DISCLAIMERS
¤~Ω|| Chapter One | Daughter of Magic ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Two | Caged ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Three | Escape ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Four | Statues ||Ω~¤
¤~|| Chapter Five | Labrynth of Books ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Six | Escape the Labrynth ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Seven | A Cursed Hunger ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eight | The Depths ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Nine | The Hideout ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Ten | Shadows and Hounds ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eleven | Shadow Six ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twelve | The Oracle and a Warning ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Thirteen | A Betrayal ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Fourteen | The Janitor's Lair ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Fifteen | Girl with Lightning ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Seventeen | Into the Trap ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eighteen | Split Up ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Nineteen | Colosseum ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty | Odd Aquaintances ||~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Twenty One | Spared ||Ω~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty Two | Another Hideout ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty Three | Heist ||~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Twenty Four | Secrets and Threats ||Ω~¤

¤~|| Chapter Sixteen | The Traitor ||~¤

309 12 22
De CindyVonOtaku

I'm finally gonna discourse all the things in my mind

Starting, now.

And also, thank you so much for the 1K+ veiws!!!

××××××××××××××××××××

.: Six's P.o.V. :.
.: Third Person :.

Six watched as Two and Eight to the door went to the door. She turned back at Shadow Six who was patting Tiberius, "Is he okay?"

Shadow Six nodded, "Just a bit on edge since he somehow doesn't like Eight, but he'll be fine." She said, Tiberius licked her cheek and Apples hopped on to the hellhound's back. Scarf turned to the dog, "I was shocked seeing that demon dog show up from the darkness," he said.

Four chuckled, "Didn't we all?"

"Six you are okay right?" Mono asked and Six nodded, "Yup, I think the meat was drugged but I am a-okay," she said.

"It's really concerning it happened again," Seven frowned. Six chuckled dryly, "Guys, it's okay, I haven't eaten anything yet," she lied. It was actually very concerning it happened again, Six just hoped it won't turn in for the worse.

"Hey Four, got any door opening thingamajig for this lock?" Eight called from the door. Four sighed, "Alright let me see it, I may have something for it," he said walking up to the other two kids by the door. Six watched as Four pulled out something from the shadows of his cloak and fiddle with the lock, which no doubt the Janitor placed in case someone would escape.

"And voila," Four said as he pulled out the lock, Eight lightly clapping for him while Two just rolled her eyes while turning to the others, "Guys c'mon, the door's open," she called.

The others walked up to them aside Seven, Six turned back to him and saw he was looking around the other cages filled with blank faced children with a remorseful face. Six tilted her head, "Hey what's wrong?"

Seven sighed while shaking his head and walking up to her, "Nothing, it's just sad these had accepted their faith, even when there could be a chance to survive in another way," he said. Six smiled lightly at him, "Don't worry, if that prophecy is happening right now, and we complete it, I am sure we could be able to save them," she said, "Now let's go face some dam monsters."

Seven smiled uncertainly at her before nodding. Eight hopped on the door handle and opened the door ajar, she hopped on down as Two and One carefully opened the door. Six watched as Tiberius whimpered lightly and shadow travelled away, while Apples leafy wings perked up in alarm as he climbed up to Five's shoulder protectively.

Shadow Six also noticed this and turned back to the door, "I'm guessing there is something bad up ahead," she said.

Eight turned to the door and back to them, "Well as the old demigods before us use to say; let's go and find that out," she said as she walked on. Two lightly chuckled as she and the others followed the daughter of Zeus into what danger that lies ahead.

Six stood close to both Mono and Seven, and Shadow Six followed behind her like... a shadow. In the other side was another room, with more cages stacked on top of each other, some were dented and empty, others had some children or Nomes shivering in the small cages. There was also some cloth rolled around, and a single light illuminating one place.

Being the one on the lead of the group, Eight quickly and silently headd to the end of the cages and peeked out. She then told them to stop moving as she quickly went back to them, "No wonder your pets got agitated, the Janitor is there," she whispered.

Apples fluttered his wings nervously, but gave Eight a glare, "Apples," he grumbled lightly. Eight sighed, "Right, sorry, you are a protector," she corrected and Apples hummed in approvance.

Scarf frowned, "Aight the Janitor would smell us if we all go in the same time right?" He questioned in the same hush tone. Two nodded, "Yes, he's like those monsters that are able to smell demigods after all," she said.

Six looked around and noticed some cloth on the far end of the room, "What if we went in groups of at least three, then landed on the cloth in most times so that the Janitor won't hear our footsteps?" She piped in. Two nodded, "Yes, that's a good idea. And we make sure the ones with the stronget scent doesn't pair up, or else the Janitor could quickly notice them."

"In which she means Seven and I shouldn't pair up," Eight explained. It seemed about right, since the children of the Big Three are always the ones with the strongest scents.

"Okay now time to pair up," Eight said. Scarf grabbed Five and Three, "I'm with them, plus the apple," he said.

"One, Una, and I," Two said and made the other two nodded.

"Well, me, Six and Seven is alright," Mono said, Six turned to him and smiled lightly on the team-up.

Eight nodded, "Then I'm with new girl and mister tinker," she said. Shadow Six blinked and pointed at herself, Four nodded, "Yeah, she means you. And me."

Two gave one last nod, "Then it's settled, we'll go on first, then Scarf, Three, and Five, and last are you two. But when he notices us we just make a run for it," she said, "Any objections?"

When no one has said a thing, Two nodded and turned. One and Una following behind. The others watched as the three carefully crawled as far as they could from the Janitor and tread on lightly until they reached the parts where there is cloth.

The Janitor continued to do whatever he was doing, once Two's group reached the vent, she nodded for the next group. Three held on both Five and Scarf's hands as she carefully followed where Two had stepped on. For someone who was quite big, she made the most lightest of footsteps, in no time she was with the first group.

"Okay, our turn," Mono mumbled as he stalked behind the Janitor. Six and Seven followed behind. Six turned to the Janitor to see what he was doing on the workbench, with a single light bulb as his source of light. Six watched as the Janitor wrapped up those nearly dead children with cloth, and when he was done, he would hoist them up to a hook on a line - which for sure would lead to the Kitchen.

It was a disgusting and dreadful sight to see, but that was why the children are there; Not to be safe from the outside world, but to be food. Six also took notice that one wrapped up child had simple cloth wrapped around them while the other had the same cloth, but with a big D written on it.

It means one was just a simple mortal child, while the other was a demigod. Of course they would have to split those in two, the Guests loved the taste of demigods than mortals.

Mono made it to the other side, and Six ignored the scene infront of her and followed. Yet she stopped when she noticed Seven was falling behind. He was looking at the Janitor, he just crouched there and watched what the monster was doing to those children. Seven's mouth tugged to a deeper, more sorrowful frown while watching this unfold infront of him.

She sighed and crept back to him, but she accidentally made a wrong step on a loose plank and the floorboard caused a haunting creak. It caused Seven to snap out of his thoughts all right, but it also stopped the Janitor for whatever he was doing.

The Janitor sniffed the air, and he was pretty sure that scent he smells is not coming from the nearly dead children on his workbench. He turned around and patted for his surrondings.

"Run!" Eight shouted, which caused the Janitor to snap his head to her direction. He ran up to where she stood, yet she quickly dodged his hands, she, Shadow Six, and Four quickly ran past the stout monster.

Six, with all her might, quickly altered the Mist around her to muddle up the Janitor's senses, and then grabbed Seven's wrist and made a run for it. The Janitor still tried to grab one of them so she had to evade many times.

The Janitor couldn't smell where the children are, but he could hear the quick footsteps they made. He patted for them but there was too much he didn't know which to pick.

"Hurry!" Two called, which made the Janitor perk up, there was more of them. He was about to grab at least one of the children when Mono had shot an arrow to his hand.

"C'mon!" Mono called up to them, once the others made it, they went inside the vent and entered another room. The Janitor roared in frustration that he didn't managed to catch at least one of the children.

Inside the room was some shoes too big for the children, some cloth that was either dirty or damp, or both. In the middle was a trapdoor, and near the trapdoor was a lever for a crank.

Six saw a lever on the floor and got it, she inserted it in the crank and started rotating it, causing a loud creak everything she rotated it. Two came up beside her and helped her open the trapdoor as wide as it can get.

Light from the other room filled into the conjoined room as the Janitor opened the door. There was no other words said as Three, with Scarf and Five (and Apples) still at hand, hopped into the chute. Four, One, Una, and Mono followed.

The Janitor tried to reach for the two holding the lever, but Shadow Six had shadow travelled from Six's shadow and slashed the blind monster's wrist with a shadow made dagger. The Janitor didn't like that and kept pursuing for her, which Shadow Six evaded at all cost. Seven noticed there was water dripping from one of the pipes and turned to the others, "I have an idea," he said.

"Whatever that idea is just hurry it up, I can't hold this forever!" Two said and Six nodded, "Yeah, what Two said."

Seven turned to the pipe and stared at the water. Soon enough the water in the pipe spilled out like a faucet. It started soaking the floor and reached up to the Janitor. Eight rose her eyebrows and nodded, "Oh I see," she smiled while pulling out her coin, flipping it and became the same spear with electricity.

The Janitor stopped catching Shadow Six and patted when he noticed there was water on his feet, and that was just before Eight placed the spear onto the water and caused the Janitor to get electrocuted, badly electrocuted.

Seven hollered as he hopped into the chute, Eight turned her spear into a coin before following behind. Shadow Six slipped into Six's shadow as she and Two finally let go of the lever and hopped down to the chute.

The Janitor couldn't catch them, since he just got electrocuted.

.: Mono's P.o.V. :.
.: Third Person :.

The children landed into a vent. Luckily the others had moved aside so they didn't have stack up like flapjacks. Two landed carefully onto her feet, and so did Six and Eight. Seven, though, crash landed into the vent.

"Wow, such graceful landing Newbie," Mono joked and Seven rolled his eyes, "Hah yeah whatever," he said while pushing himself up. Mono noticed Shadow Six creep out from Six's shadow and help him up, which caused the latter to jolt from her sudden appearance.

"What happened? It took long for you guys to come down," Five asked. Two smiled while waving her hand, "These guys stalled the Janitor, and well electrocuted him as well," she said while looking over Seven and Eight, then back to the other children, "But anyways, we should keep going," she said while walking ahead, deeper into the vent.

Mono pulled out his ladle to give some light in the dark vent. He followed behind Two and One, who stood side by side like they always did whenever they headed somewhere.

Mono watched as they talked to each other, no doubt wondering where they are now. Mono made a glimpse behind him and saw Six and Seven following close behind him, while Five and Scarf asked for details on the Janitor fight.

Mono turned back ahead to see Two and One stopped to a wide open chute. Two then turned back to them, "Guys be careful when going down, it's a steep drop," she said.

"What's on the other side?" Four asked.

"Just shoes, thousands of shoes - probably the Guests' shoes," One said. Mono blinked, shoes. He had a quick memory on when he fell into a chute which lead to a room filled with many stinky leather shoes, he frowned, this can't be the only room filled wih shoes, right?

"Well? Let's get going, the farther we are to this place the better," Four said. Two nodded as she and One hopped on down. Four and Una followed. Mono peeked out the chute before he jumped down, and a frown came to his lips.

It was the same room, and he knew well what this place held.

"Guys!" He called down to the four children who was trying to make their way to the suitcase. One looked up to him, "What Mono?"

"Do you have any idea what this room is?" Mono asked, Two shook her head, "No, I haven't been here before, why?"

There was rumbling.

"What was that?!" Una squeaked.

"Go! There is some monster in the shoes, it'll try to suffocate you if you don't move," Mono said. Two nodded as she quickly made her way to the suitcase, One held on Una's hand and together they ran before the Shoe Monster pulls them down. The rumbling was coming near Four and he screamed before running past the two siblings. Soon they finally reached the suitcase, and Two helped them up.

The rumbling disappeared one the children stayed on the suitcase, but not for long. Mono waited for a minute before hopping down, soon the rumbling came back, the other children came down as well and they quickly ran to the suitcase.

Three was about to be caught by the monster before she hopped onto the suitcase. The rest caught their breath before heading back down to the sea of shoes.

"This is so much like the Depths, but much worse," Seven mumbled while pushing through the shoes, Six huffed, "Yeah no, the Depths was worse since I can't swim," she said.

"Could you two focus before you suffocate on shoes?" Mono asked. Scarf huffed, "I don't need to be under these things to suffocate, I wonder how the monster handles the smell," he said.

Then the rumblings came back.

"Speaking of the devil," Mono said, "Now hurry up before you die," he said while he pushed through the shoes. They reached the other suitcase, and caused the monster to bump onto the case before submerging into the smelly shoes.

They continued going through the shoes until they saw the platform on the other side. Two and One had made it for being first, then they helped Una and Four up. The rumbling came back and the rest urged on to the platform.

Mono gripped onto the edge of the platfrom and helped himself up, he reached down and picked up Six and Seven while Una and One helped Scarf and Five up. Three climbed up the platform with Shadow Six and Eight helping her. Eight hopped onto the platform before the Shoe Monster grabbed her while Shadow Six just slipped into her shadow to avoid being caught as well.

"Everyone's here?" Two asked and the only answer was the children's panting and groans. "I'm pretty sure we are," Scarf said as he stood up straighter.

"I'm tired," Five bemoaned, and Apples nodded. Two sighed, "I guess we all are," she said while looking over the door, "C'mon, I know a place where we can rest."

==================

.: Third Person :.

They headed out the shoe room and into a hallway. Two climbed up some crates nearby before entering another vent, but instead of the usual vents, it had a wide room enough for them to rest with some used cloth for them to rest on. Three looked around, "Oh I remember this place, but how come we didn't knew about the shoe monster lair?"

"We didn't explored it," Two explained while grabbing some used paper in the corner and placing it in the middle, "Does anyone have fire? Aside you Four you're not a fire user," she joked lightly.

"Very funny Two," Four rolled his eyes while sitting on one of the cloth. Six pulled out her lighter, Two nodded and used it to start a fire, once she was done she handed it back to Six, "Thanks."

Six smiled, "You're welcome."

Soon everyone pulled the cloth near the fireplace and choose their places to lie down and rest. Three, Scarf, Five, and Apples lied close together, while Una snuggled close to her brother. Four lied on his bundle of cloth while Eight and Two lied close to Three. Mono choose the farthest end. Six had a hard time choosing where to lie down so she lied next to Mono, Shadow Six then lied close to where she slept. Soon Seven lied on Mono's left, since Six was on his right.

Two chuckled as she leaned to Eight and Three, "Look at them."

"Baby chicks and mother hen," Eight joked in a hush tone, since she didn't want Mono to hear her and possibly die.

"Let's just rest shall we? Let's leave the teases for tomorrow," Three said as Five cuddled Apples like some stuff toy, and he snuggled closer to Three.

Two yawned, "Heh yeah, goodnight guys."

"Goodnight," Eight said while lying down.

==================

The fire dimmed, causing the room to be darker. One child woke up from a sound, a light clatter. The traitor groggily opened her eyes and froze to see a cylinder rolling to her way. Her eyes shot open and she left the comfort of the fire as she grabbed the metal cylinder.

She opened it, and saw a letter inside, saying: Head away from here, we need to talk.

She swallowed a lump in her throat as she closed the cylinder and stood up. She walked away from the sleeping ground and into the vent, little did she know someone else had woken up from the light clatter.

The child kept walking until she was near the vent grille which lead to the hallway.

"You must be the traitor," a girl said.

The traitor jolted and turned back to see a girl older than her, probably eleven years old. She wore a green Victorian Era dress, her silver hair up to a ponytail with some curls left on the side of her face. She wore lipstick and had bangs covering her eyes.

"Who are you? You're not Shadow Seven... How did you even got here?" The traitor asked. The girl held up her hand, "I am the Pretender, I was supposed to meet you in Antaeus' lair, but I met Shadow Seven and he helped me come to you," the Pretender chirped.

The traitor looked around warily, "Is he here?"

"Nah," the Pretender said while checking her red tinted nails, "He went to do shadow children duties, booooring," she groaned.

"What did you want to talk about?" The traitor asked.

"I want you to trap these kids, and bring them to Antaeus. And didn't Shadow Seven told you to stop them, why are you not even doing that?" The Pretender asked. The traitor crept back from the child infront of her, "I'm having a hard time."

"Well do it, or else I would kill you myself," the Pretender hissed.

The traitor shivered upon looking the Pretender's intimidating scowl, she could nearly see her tearing the child to peices. The traitor nodded her head, "I... I will. But I may need some help, they listen to Two most of the times because she always has a plan. I would need a diversion to capture them," she said. The Pretender smiled sweetly, "I will see what I can do," she hummed while patting the girl's head, "Now that's a good girl! Get on back before they notice you are gone," she chirped again.

The traitor shivered before nodding hesitantly and heading back. As she headed back to the sleeping group, someone was standing on the near end.

"Apples?" Apples asked, tilting his apple head. The girl frowned, "It's nothing, go back to Five before he wakes up," she said in a hushed tone.

The karpos looked at her skeptically, like he knew what the traitor and the Pretender was talking about, before heading back to Five's side. The girl sighed before walking up back to her spot.

She must, no, have to trap them, and stop them from escaping. The child suddenly felt uncomfortable, she did everything - told Shadow Seven the Hideout's whereabouts, helped them, and she knew about the prophecy and told the shadow children about it, thus helping them how to avoid it.

But whatever she done and will do, is it all worth it?

××××××××××××××××××××

Ah well, someone in the group had lived to see another day.

Who was it that lived another day?

You'll see :)

Bye!

Wattpad: Publish Finished.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

4.7K 125 28
Percy Jackson greatest hero , demigod thought he would get peace finally after the Second Giant War though he kept some secrets of himself for the be...
4.3K 134 28
❛As the sun kissed the sea...their bodies melted into each other's❜ A story in which two troubled souls find safety in each other. Andromeda 'Andie'...
17K 504 9
Dear Mortal, If you're about to read this book, I can only apologize at the lie you have lived in this world. Thinking everything is normal, when it...
1.4K 96 42
NOT SO BAD TRIGGER WARNINGS: CURSING, BULLYING BAD TRIGGER WARNINGS: GORE, NIGHTMARES, (CHILD) ABUSE, ANGST (isttgs there's so much of it), TRAUMATIC...