It All Started With A Lie

נכתב על ידי NightTime_Storiexs

You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfe... עוד

{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}
{34}
{35}
{36}
{37}
{38}
{39}
{40}
Epilogue

{11}

86.8K 3K 2.6K
נכתב על ידי NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 11: (Olivia's POV)

We talked, as always, about random stuff and a little more about ourselves and before we knew it, it was dark out and 8 pm. About twenty minutes ago, he left to go shower and I did the same but then he came back in, through my window, because he was bored. 

"Do you have any snacks if you're not making dinner yet?" he asked.

"Aren't you gonna go home for dinner? I was gonna order," I shrugged. 

"My mom's working late tonight at the hospital and my dad always works late, what're you ordering?" he questioned. 

"Pizza, or McDonald's, whatever you want," I said. 

"McDonald's. Postmates?" he asked. 

"Yes sir," I sighed while grabbing my phone and ordering it via our postmates. 

"I'm going to get some snacks," he said before pushing himself off my bed and leaving. 

While I was sitting there, my laptop was open beside me and it started ringing, the screen lighting up. I put my phone down and grabbed the laptop, sitting cross-legged. It's my mom. It's facetime and it's my mom. 

Shit, shit, shit. 

I answered and sat there as the call connected. "Hi, honey!" she grinned, her face popping up on the screen. 

"Hey," I smiled, "How's New York?" I asked. 

"New York is great, it always is. How've you been, everything okay at home?" she asked. 

"Yeah, everything's fine," I nodded. 

"Well, your father's gone out to get some food so it's just me, he's left me to tell you the news," she sighed while moving around before she settled on the couch. 

"So...?" I trailed off questioningly. 

She shook her head, "We're not leaving, honey. I spoke to your aunt, we were thinking about and there's no point if we're not leaving the city or state and we don't wanna leave San Diego, so we're not leaving, hun," she explained. I let out a huge breath I didn't realize I had been holding and sighed in relief. "And honey, I'm sorry we never asked you how you felt about it," she said, giving me an apologetic smile. 

"That's okay, mom," I shrugged. 

"You're talkin' to her without telling me?!" I heard aunt Cher yell before her face popped up and she sat beside my mom. "Hey, Liv!" she beamed. 

"Hi, Cher," I grinned. She doesn't like being called 'aunt' it makes her feel old, she says. And she is older than my mother but... whatever. 

"Oh, it's been so long since I saw you! Why didn't you come with 'em?" she questioned. 

"I have school, I couldn't miss so much," I shrugged. 

"Who gives a shit about-" My mom glared at her, "My bad, who cares about that? Anyway, I have got something to show you, young lady. But first tell me, who's the boy?" she asked, knowingly. 

"What boy?" I chuckled. 

"There's a boy. You're glowing," she stated. 

"I'm not glowing," I denied. 

"There is most certainly a boy. Your father said something about a boy named Ethan?" She arched a brow at me. 

"Ethan?" I asked in confusion as the door opened. 

"Yes, Ethan. What's his last name?" she asked my mother. 

"Archer," mom answered. 

I looked up at Ethan who was smirking, probably ready to rub in my face and assume that I would talk to my mother about him. 

"Ethan Archer, isn't he the kid you've hated since birth?" 

"Preschool," my mom corrected. 

"That's the same thing," Cher rolled her eyes. 

I looked up at Ethan, smirking. "Yeah, I've hated him since preschool," I said, looking down at the screen. He rolled his eyes and sat down on the foot of the bed. 

"She doesn't really hate him, Cher. I don't think he hates her either," my mom said. 

He smirked at me. "Why don't I hate him?" I questioned. 

"You were with him the whole night at Mr. Thomas' party," she said. I let out a sigh. I can't explain that to them. 

"Point is, do you remember which hobby I picked up last time I came around?" Cher asked. 

"Photography," I nodded. 

"Right, last time I visited, you were..." 

"Fifteen," I answered. 

"Right, and if you remember, your neighborhood had this party and he was there as well, no?" 

I answered hesitantly, "Yeah." 

"And as always, you two were arguing?" I nodded in response. "And I snapped this," she said, holding up a photo. A printed picture of Ethan and me. We were both sitting on the porch of one of the houses in the neighborhood, both of us sat hugging our knees but facing each other. 

I don't know what I was doing or saying, probably rolling my eyes, but he was grinning, staring at me. 

"When did you take that?" I asked. 

"Screenshot it, I wanna see," Ethan whispered. 

"Mm, no you don't," I said to him, without realizing that my mom and aunt would hear me too. I facepalmed, grabbing a pillow and groaning into it. 

"Is someone with you, Olivia?" my mom asked. 

"Is it a boy, Olivia?" Cher taunted. 

I looked at them from the top of the pillow and then looked at Ethan. He shrugged, biting back a laugh. "Take that away from me," I said, glancing at the laptop. He shook his head. 

"Olivia, who's with you?" mom asked. 

"Nobody," I lied. 

"We're not stupid," Cher said, "It's the Archer kid, isn't it? Hi, Ethan!" she laughed. 

I looked at him, our eyes meeting. He shifted over and sat beside me, looking down at the laptop. "Hi," he smiled. 

"Oh, Olivia, good one," Cher nodded. 

"Cher!" I exclaimed. 

"Hi, Mrs. Carrington," he nodded. 

"Hello, Ethan, how have you been?" she asked. 

"I've been great, you?" 

"I've been great too. Can I ask what you're doing in my daughter's room?" she asked. 

"Maya, shut up. They're just hanging out, squashing whatever issues they have, no?" Cher looked at me. 

"Right," I nodded hesitantly. 

"Did they tell you about moving?" he mumbled, looking at me. 

I turned my head in his direction and answered, "Yeah, we're not leaving," I replied. 

"That's good, right? You should trust me more often," he whispered. 

"Trust you?" I lifted a brow at me. He nodded. We were staring at each other when we both snapped out of it and the sound of a screenshot. I turned to the screen, staring at aunt Cher in disbelief. 

"It would make for a good picture, anyway, we won't bother you two anymore." Cher waved her arm dismissively. "Bye!" my mom and her sang in sync. 

"Bye," Ethan and I replied before we disconnected. 

"Did she just screenshot us?" he chuckled. 

"Just don't ask," I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. 

"Anyway, I think the food will be here in-" 

"Were you talking to your mom about me?" he smirked. 

"No, my mom and aunt were talking to me about you," I argued. 

"Same difference," he shrugged. 

I turned to him, "Huge difference. I didn't even bring up your name, I didn't even think my aunt would remember you," I rolled my eyes. 

"Ouch, that's a little hurtful considering I made sure you weren't weeping in your unnecessary sorrows today after convincing yourself you were bidding goodbye to your ho- ow!" he exclaimed as I smacked a pillow at him. "Oliver!" I smacked him again. "Olive!" And again. "Olivia!" And I pushed him off the bed. He grunted, sitting up on the carpeted floor, looking at me. "That was rude," he stated, "And unnecessary," he said, sitting back on the bed. 

"I'll push you off again," I said warningly. 

"You caught me off guard last time," he scoffed. 

"Really?" I asked before pushing him again. He did move forward but I couldn't get him off the bed this time. I clicked my tongue in frustration before trying again. He pushed my hands off his arms and grabbed my wrists, yanking me forward. "Ow," I laughed, crawling forward on my knees. "You're so annoying," I groaned, pushing him back. 

What I didn't realize was that he was sitting on the very edge of the bed and when he fell back, he took me down with him. "Ethan!" I exclaimed, landing on top of him with an 'oomph.' 

"Fuck's sake," he grunted, closing his eyes. 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry," I laughed. 

"Yeah, you really look the part, you're looking really guilty over there," he mumbled, rolling his eyes. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't make puppy eyes and pout at people to make them feel pity and forgive me so easily, is that a problem for you?" I asked sarcastically. 

"No, it's actually nice for a change to see a girl who doesn't beg for forgiveness," he smirked. 

"Even if I was guilty, I'd never beg you for anything, let alone forgiveness," I said, narrowing my eyes. 

"You don't have to beg me for anything, just ask," he smirked. 

"Just ask?" 

He nodded, "For anything. Help, someone to talk to, when you get lonely," he winked. 

"Asshole." 

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 11

Stuck In Paris is NOW AVAILABLE on Amazon as a kindle and by Monday, it should be available in the paperback form as well for people who want a physical copy. 

Just to let you guys know, EVERY SINGLE COPY is signed with a little hope you enjoy note so make sure you place your orders when the paperback is available. I'll be putting up the link in my bio and if you need it specifically or can't find it, just reach out to me and I'll send it to you

xx 

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

7.8K 125 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
3.5K 58 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
34.6K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
5.2K 300 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...