What Now ⇔ Muke ✓

Door cancersurvivors

Luke is a happy, popular, australian boy who just moved into town, and takes a particular interest in the pur... Meer

Description & Other Information
[1] Dude, you're tall
[2] Basketball
[3] Michael
[4] Worthless, dammit
[5] It's not safe over here
[6] Red
[7] I'd feel safer with you
[8] All The Small Things
[9] Calm yourself
[10] Please, Michael
[11] I scared you
[12] Trust me, Michael
[13] You're beautiful
[15] L.H + M.C
[16] Police tape
[17] What now
[18] The bar
[19] The stone
[20] He was sad
[21] I like your hair
[22] Cigarettes
[23] Miller and Simon
[24] Fights
[25] Happy Birthday
[26] Blue hair, huh?
Epilogue: Do you remember me?
Other Stories

[14] Boyfriends

7.4K 357 138
Door cancersurvivors

A/N: everyone go check out my new story "Ghost" please, and tell me what you think about it when you do! #shameless #self #promo

---
MICHAEL

If I'm to be honest, I haven't been truly happy in a long time. I have dragged myself through the years as a skeleton, pretending that the words and hits thrown to me can't penetrate my skin. But it has injected itself into my empty bloodstream, coursing through my veins like ice. I have tried to convince myself that being alone is best, for my own safety and others as well. I have drilled the idea that solitude is necessary into my diseased mind, telling myself that I like sitting in the dusty corridors of my room. I just didn't know that the dust was covering me up as well, suffocating me until I became a corpse with broken glass for hands.

However, even though my brain was set on the idea that being alone was fine, Luke taught me that it was not. He removed whatever disease was possessing my mind, giving me a chance to reach blindly for sanity. He made me feel like a blind man who just got laser eye surgery, and is seeing the world for the first time. Everything is brighter, more colorful. Everything is soft and smooth under my palm, and my skin is slowly losing the bruises. I can hardly feel what its like to be hit, to feel the force against my body, sending shattered vibrations through my hollow skull. My nerves are being replenished, and they have started feeling whole again. I feel whole again.

In front of me, the day is turning dark. The air gets colder and colder, but no goosebumps sprout across my skin. I'm used to the cold, and I find myself relishing in it.

We've lived in this isolate little cave for a while now. I can't tell if it is days, weeks, months, years. Hell, it could be centuries and I wouldn't differ it between seconds. Time doesn't exist here. What does, this far away from civilization? The only thing that exists here is our pumping hearts.

"I'm hungry." Luke announces from where he is sitting beside me, his arms wrapped around his knees. I glance at him, watching him untangle his long limbs and stand up, the setting sun turning his body into a silhouette.

"I saw a little stream a little ways away when I went out and walked around." Luke's hand rises up to comb through his hair. "I bet I can catch a fish or something."

"When did you see a stream?" I ask, confused. I don't remember him leaving. Luke glances down at me and a smile forms on his lips.

"You were sleeping." His eyes skim over my face slowly before he pinches my cheeks. I grimace, pulling away from him as he laughs.

The blonde sighs, straightening back up and peering out the front of the cave. "Would you mind making a fire, love? I'm going to go see if I can catch anything."

Blood rushes to my cheeks at the use of the word "love", and I nod my head quickly. Luke smiles and turns away, grabbing his backpack as he walks out the entry of the cave, disappearing from view.

I sit on the rock floor for a moment more, simply thinking of Luke's pretty eyes and smooth skin before standing up and grabbing some of the firewood Luke had brought inside our cave. I cradle the wood in my hands carefully, cautious as to avoid getting splinters. I dump a few logs at the entry of the cave, so that the smoke would rise into the sky and not into our makeshift home. My fingers reach for the small box of matches, taking one out and sliding it roughly across the side of the box, watching the small stick ignite into flames.

The little flame flickers in the fading daylight, illuminating the growing darkness around me. I toss the flame into the wood, and it roars into a fire, sending an explosion of sparks into the air before settling into its quiet destruction, burning the wood into nothing but ashes. I lower myself to the ground, warming my pale skin as I watch disintegration take place in front of me.

"Michael!" Luke's voice reaches my ears as I was sitting in front of the flames, thinking about Greenwood and what could be going on there. Nobody will notice my absence, but they will notice Luke's. And Luke's disappearance is linked to mine. Which means they know about my dad. I wonder where he is. Did they take him away to jail for child abuse? Did my father wake up before they could find the house and vanish into the woods? Could he be just around here, watching and waiting to strike when the time is right?

Luke appears from the thick cluster of trees, his backpack slung carelessly over his broad shoulder and his hands holding the tails of three fish. They dangle from his fingers, obviously dead and dripping with water. I widen my eyes at them. I didn't think he actually could catch any.

I laugh brightly as Luke saunters over, proudly holding his fish as he sits down next to me, tucking his feet under him like he used to do at the stone. His pale fingers pull over a flat rock, laying the fish down on it and pushing it up beside the fire, letting the flames cook the fish.

"I can't believe you actually caught them." I comment, making Luke's proud smile grow. "I'm impressed."

"Are you?" Luke grins, his blue eyes twinkling. "I should do this more often, then."

The blue sky has faded into darkness, the only light casting down from the dimly lit moon. The fire exerts enough light for Luke and I to see each other, and a bit of our surroundings. To me, its perfect.

"I'm kind of dreading going back." Luke says quietly. I turn to look at him, at the profile of his face. I stare at his straight forehead, at his long eyelashes and the slant of his nose. My eyes trace down to the curve of his lips and to his chin, and I can't help but be a little jealous. He's so beautiful, and I'm not.

"To Greenwood?" I ask, looking back into the burning flames. "Why?" Luke has a life there. He has Calum, Ashton, his cousins. He has his basketball team and his friends at school. He could go back and live a normal life there. There is no reason for him to dread returning.

"No, not Greenwood." Luke shakes his head, and I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Back to the city. To Sydney."

I feel myself deflate. I had completely forgotten that Luke would have to go back. That he would have to leave. Knives stab at my head just thinking about it, and my raw throat begs to scream. Luke can't leave, he can't. My fingers were just able to latch onto the silver lining that is Luke, ghosting over him and letting him in. Confusion etches into my mind when I think of living around Greenwood without the blonde. It was hell living without him before, and I can guarantee that it will be hell when he leaves.

I blink quickly, not wanting my tears to spill down my cheeks. I should have known that he would leave eventually of course. That's what people do. They leave.

I feel an arm wrap itself around my shoulders, gently pulling my shaking body closer to Luke's. The blonde pulls my closer, until I am trembling in his lap and his chin is resting on my head. I focus on Luke's chest against my cheek, feeling it rise and fall with each breath he takes. I listen to the timing of Luke's heartbeat, throbbing to the wretched beat of the tears escaping my eyes.

I feel Luke begin to play with my hands, his fingers tracing over mine gently. I look down at Luke's hands, nice and tanned and pretty against my sickly pale ones.

"You have cute fingers." Luke states, his lips curving into a smile. The lip ring piercing his skin glints in the light of the fire. I stare up at him, admiring his beauty as he continues touching my fingers before slowly slipping them between his, giving my small hand a squeeze inside his.

"Luke, what are we?" I ask, and the blonde blinks down at me, looking thoughtful.

"I don't know." He says softly, staring into the crackling fire. "Do we have to be anything? Like, can we just be... us?"

I think about his words. "I suppose so."

Luke continues to hold me as we stare out at the dark mountain tops, hearing the far away rush of the river and the combined snapping of the fire. We listen to the croaking of the frogs and the chirping crickets that never seem to stop singing as we sit, two bodies melted into one at the mercy of the flames.

"Although," Luke speaks, bending his head down to look at mine with a smile, "if we were to label ourselves..."

Luke wraps both of my hands in his, snuggling my closer into his chest. "...I would ask you to be my boyfriend."

"Yes." I immediately say, warmth flooding my cheeks.

"I haven't even asked you yet!" Luke complains, laughing. His blue eyes twinkle in the light and I blush furiously, my heart clambering in my chest.

The blue eyed boy smiles down at me, pressing his lips to my neck. "Will you be my boyfriend?" His lips move against my neck, his lip ring cold on my skin.

A smile overtakes my face and I nod quickly. "Yes. Yes, yes, yes." Luke smiles as well, turning me around in his lap so I am facing him, my bum on his legs and my legs on either side of his torso. I swiftly wrap my arms around his neck in an embrace, and Luke is quick to follow.

"We forgot to eat the fish." I say, glancing at the seafood that is obviously burnt by the fire. Luke chuckles, pressing his lips against my hair.

"Oops." He laughs. "I'm not too hungry anyway. Are you?"

I shake my head. "No. I'm happy." Luke smiles, as if hearing that word brightened his mood.

Luke cuddles me to his chest as the moon rises in the black sky, brighter than any moon I've seen. Its full tonight- a perfect circle, like a spotlight in the sky.

"You know, I've never seen a full moon before." Luke tells me. I look up at him in surprise.

"Why not?"

"You can never see them in the city, with all the lights and the buildings." he explains. I sigh, trying not to think about how he has to return, and I close my eyes.

Luke gently moves me off of him, laying me on the ground before slowly lowering himself down next to me, our heads resting on soft grass and our bodies pillowed by the blankets. The fire provides us warmth as Luke drapes his arm across my shoulders, letting me use his broad shoulders as a pillow. The night drones on, the night bugs never failing to cease their singing.

Luke falls asleep shortly, his eyelids closing and his eyelashes tickling his cheeks. I stare at him, at his bright blonde hair and his plump lips, and his broad chest, which contains a heart that held enough compassion to let a scarred purple haired boy take him away into the forest without looking back. I don't deserve him. I don't deserve all the happiness he has brought me, but I will accept it.

I lean down, pressing my lips against his forehead. "Thank you for everything, Luke." I say to the sleeping boy. I gently rest my head back on his shoulder, tangling his feet with mine and letting the flames shoot sparks into the sky.

---
A/N HBD CALUM HOOD he's 19 i cry what is this i cannot someone hold me

sorry for the late update but aw im so muke af

pls vote and comment ily you guys are the bomb.com bye

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 9K

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

82K 4.2K 16
Luke likes his brother's best friend. top!Michael © wastedheartmuke, 2015 ; edited in 2018
33.2K 2.7K 80
- 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙, though perhaps cringy - "𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴, 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳...
1K 92 47
In which Michael was homeless and Luke is a Student. All Rights Reserved the_mo_ment 2018
38.3K 1.5K 33
Luke is the 'bad boy' of Gray High School; he's covered in tattoos, piercings, and everyone is scared of him. Michael is a wallflower; he only has on...