sign of the times | h.s.

Bởi dailyhailstorm

A girl who suffers loss and grief is looking for a new beginning, thinking she'll find it in a new place. Ins... Xem Thêm

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen

chapter eighteen

109 0 0
Bởi dailyhailstorm

MADILYN HOLLEY

"Can I take this thing off yet?" I whined as we continued walking, or rather Harry continued walking, towards wherever we were going. Harry had made me put on a blindfold a few minutes before we got out of the car and when we finally parked, he met me on the passenger side and helped me out before swiftly picking me up bridal style. I have no clue how the man was able to loop our takeout bag around his wrist and carry me without struggling, but his breathing sounded perfectly normal, peaceful even.

"Madilyn Holley, you impatient woman. I told you I'd let you when we got to our destination, now hush." He responded.

I groaned jokingly, but to be quite honest I could let this man carry me around blindfolded forever. Speaking as the girl who was quite literally in his arms, this man is surprisingly jacked. I reached my hand that had been wrapped around his shoulders over and began tracing the hair at the nape of his neck, twirling the short curls between my fingers as we continued walking. I could hear the sounds of the ocean nearby and the longer we walked, the louder it got.

I smiled softly at Harry before asking, "Harry are you taking me for dinner at the beach?"

"Zip your lips or I'll do it for you, love." He replied with a chuckle. "We're here. I'm going to set you down now, but you can't take off the blindfold yet."

"Okay." I replied as I felt him lower my feet to the ground. I stumbled a bit before standing up straight, holding onto Harry's shoulders for support.

He leaned in close to my ear and whisper huskily, "Give me one second." My entire body shuddered at that and I wanted nothing more than to rip the blindfold off and kiss him right then, but as soon as he said it he backed up and I heard him walk away. A moment later I heard the takeout bag rustling for a moment, and then it stopped.

"Okay, now you can take it off."

I eagerly ripped off the blindfold to see Harry standing on a boat with beautiful candles and twinkle lights, our food all set out on a table, and a bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses for them. He had a radiant smile on his face, and there was what looked to be the beginning of a beautiful orange sunset behind him.

"Oh Harry," I beamed, "this is so beautiful."

Harry blushes a bit as he responded, "Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" I responded as I ran towards the boat, eager to jump on.

"Careful!" He shouted as he ran to the edge of the boat and grabbed me by the waist just as my foot began to slip off the dock. He pulled me towards the boat so that I wouldn't fall into the water, but that just resulted in both of us falling straight to the floor, with Harry lying flat on his back and me landing, ever so gracefully, right on top of him.

"Ow." He mumbled as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I'm sorry!" I replied as I quickly moved my hands to the back of his head and began softly rubbing it. "Are you okay?"

"Well I'm perfect now." He smirked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and tilted his head up, colliding our lips quickly. I threaded my fingers through his curls and held him closer to me as our lips moved together, and he tightened his grip on my waist in response. This was it, those fireworks everyone always talks about. Kissing Harry was it. Two seconds ago I was falling off the dock and now we were laying on the floor of the boat, with me directly on top of Harry, in a seriously heated make out session. I felt the tip of Harry's tongue graze my bottom lip slowly and I opened my mouth readily as he began hungrily exploring my mouth. This man was going to be the death of me.

"Fucking hell." Harry mumbled against my lips as he laced his fingers through the belt loops on my skirt and pulled my hips closer to his, instantly making me moan softly into his lips as we kissed again.

Fucking hell, indeed. Keep this shit up and you might as well just pull the damn skirt off of me now, Harry.

That may have just been the hottest thing I have ever seen. His hold on the loops of my skirt remained tight as he kissed me, and I couldn't stop myself from running my fingers through his hair and tugging on it gently, causing him to groan in response.

He pulled away slowly and smirked at me before whispering, "Didn't know it'd be so easy to make you fall for me."

"Oh hush you." I replied as I quickly kissed his lips again before crawling off of Harry's lap and offering him a hand to help him stand as well. "This really is quite lovely, Harry. You didn't have to do all of this for me."

"Of course I did, baby." He replied as he smiled sweetly.

Ow, my heart.

"Come sit." He said as he gestured towards the table he had prepared with our food. I made my way around the table and sat down next to him as he popped open the bottle of champagne.

"I'd like to propose a toast, Mads."

"To what?" I questioned.

"To meeting the most amazing girl in the world, and somehow convincing her to go on a date with a guy like me. I'm feeling very lucky right now, Madilyn, very lucky." He responded as he began pouring us each a glass.

"Are you joking with me? Any girl in the world would be elated to experience this, if anyone's lucky here it's me. You're golden, Harry Styles, and I can't believe you'd think anything else." I replied as I took his hand in mine.

He responded by kissing the back of my hand softly and handing me a glass of champagne before raising his own.

"To us, and whatever is in store for us ahead." He spoke as he clinked his glass with mine.

"To us." I replied.

"Alright love," he began as he started opening our takeout containers, "tell me about your family. I wanna know all about them."

I smiled at his enthusiasm and responded, "Well I don't know what to tell you, honestly. They're great, my parents are really sweet. My mum's a real sweetheart and my dad is too, they're really some of the most genuine and caring people in the whole world. It definitely makes sense that Alex turned out the same way, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess."

"Apples." He said.

"What?"

"Apples. The apples don't fall far from the tree." He smiled.

I blushed at the compliment before continuing on, "My mum's a school teacher and my dad's in sales. They met way back in high school and fell in love fast, they were total high school sweethearts. They dated through college in New York and once they graduated my dad proposed to my mum, which is another really sweet story I'll have to tell you. Anyways, once they got married they honeymooned in London, a city my mum had always dreamed of visiting at least once. Once they got there though she fell madly in love with the city and my father had no complaints so they packed up and moved to London as newlyweds, and they've been there ever since."

Harry nodded while taking a bite, "The accent makes sense now."

"What do you mean?"

"Raised by New Yorkers in London, two places famously known for their accents. Yours is like a glorious mesh of the two, neither here nor there but in a perfect balance. It really is beautiful."

I instantly broke eye contact and looked down at down at my plate before grabbing my glass of champagne and taking a sip. "Do you really think so? I always felt like it made me stick out like a sore thumb." I asked after a few seconds.

"I do. It's like music to my ears, Mads."

"You're too sweet to me." I replied.

"I'll be the judge of that." Harry replied cheekily as he lifted his glass with a smirk, taking another sip.

I rolled my eyes and continued on, "I loved growing up in London, I really did. I always wondered about here though. The States, I mean. I had never really seen much of them until moving here, and I guess I still haven't seen much. My family came for Christmas a few times, since my mum and dad's parents and siblings all live in New York. I always saw that city as magic, I guess Christmas is that time of year where the city is just absolutely breathtaking, and I was truly in love with it. I had never been here though, so I'd say I even surprised myself when I decided to move here. Leap of faith I guess but I just knew that if I had Lee with me that it couldn't be all bad, even if I ended up hating the city I would've had one of my oldest friends with me to make it better."

Harry pause for a moment before responding, "I'll agree with you there, I think New York City has a magic about it too. I remember the first time I went there with the boys, and how amazed we all were since none of us had ever been. I think that was some of the most fun the boys and I have ever had together. But what about now, what are you thinking about LA now that you live here?"

"I'm really enjoying it. I have loved the friends I've made so far and I have loved getting to experience something so different. I do get pretty homesick though, if I'm being honest. My best friend Tess is coming to visit and I can't wait to see her, and for her to meet everyone and see the city."

"When is she getting here?" He asked.

"Her flight gets in late tomorrow afternoon. She's absolutely dying to meet you." I replied with a smirk.

"Oh she's heard about me?" He laughed nervously.

"Tons, talked her ear off on the phone the other day."

Harry smiled a bit shyly, which actually surprised me since he was typically so open about his feelings. We continued our dinner and chats about life as the sun was setting beautifully over the ocean. Even with the most incredible view around me, I could only find myself looking at the boy in front of me. I can't lie, the boy was definitely winning my heart over, and while it was a seriously scary thought, I was beginning to think that it would be a really good thing.

I'm falling for you Harry, I'm falling hard.

———————————

A/N: Hi guys! I'm so so sorry it's taken me so long to update! I've had a million things going on in my personal life and while a lot of it has been rough, I think I'm starting to come out on the other side of it all.

I'm planning on getting back to writing, so stick around because I have quite a bit planned for Harry and Madilyn!

New chapter coming very soon, I promise!

XOXO

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.8M 89.5K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
165K 12.4K 14
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
1M 91.7K 39
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
753K 2.8K 67
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!