Altered

De Phaereedarh_

Two complete opposites but from the same world meet at a point. Relive Nazneen Umar Bahzad's and Khalil shei... Mais

Copyright©
Characters
Chapter One👑
Chapter two👑
Chapter three👑
chapter four 👑
chapter six👑
Chapter seven👑
chapter eight👑.
Chapter nine👑
chapter ten👑
Chapter eleven 👑
Chapter twelve 👑
Chapter thirteen 👑
Chapter fourteen 👑
Chapter fifteen 👑
Chapter sixteen👑
chapter seventeen 👑
Chapter Eighteen 👑

chapter five👑

76 14 3
De Phaereedarh_

Khalil was at the middle of a stakeholders meeting when he heard noises from outside. He knew that other people would take care of it but he was already bored so he took the initiative of going to see it for himself.

"Please carry on with the meeting, I'll be right back" he said and walked out of the boardroom.

He went out if the room and met a lady in rose pink kimono and white pants and matching turban and finally Chanel heels to complete her looks. She was arguing with the receptionist while keeping the security men at arms length with her dominance.

They was only one person he knew that could pull out any look and carry herself with elegance and power with confidence oozing out of her.

Fauziya Tahir Galadima. His dearest girlfriend.

"What's going on here?" He asked pretending to not know what going on.

"Sir,this lady here demanded to get you out of the meeting" Mariam, the receptionist said pointing at Fauziya.

"Do you know who you're pointing at?"

"Nobody cares about who you are" Khalil mumbled to himself taking her by the arm.

"What did you say?" She flared at Khalil.

"Nothing babe,I said nothing" he answered quickly "come on,let's go to my office" he said pulling her away.

"Sir,what about the meeting?" Mariam asked when they were leaving.

"It has been adjourned" he said without giving her a backward glance.

They both entered his lavishly polished office. The floor to ceiling window occupied the whole of the fourth wall letting one to see the magnificent view of the Abuja city. A large mahogany table stood at the middle of the office and a small wardrobe containing his spare suits and clothes at the far end.

A set of velvet sitting lounge with a glass coffee table at the middle. There was a mini dining table a little to the left of the lounge and glass model of the Al-farsi enterprise on one side of his office.

Fauziya sat a the single settee cushion while Khalil sat across her with his laptop on his lap.

"I don't like her" Fauziya started.

"And who don't you like this time?"

"Your receptionist, she's so annoying, I feel like strangling her anytime I see her"

"You're just stressed babe,maybe what you need is a drink" he suggested and buzzed the intercom for his assistant. "Bring a bottle of sparkling water and a cup of latte extra foam and bagels,thank you"

She crossed her leg and relaxed her back on the cushion and threw her custom made Victoria secret hand bag after removing her phone next to Khalil. She was the only child of her father who lost his beloved wife during her birth. She was undoubtedly pampered but wasn't spoilt.

Fauziya had a cold personality with a hint of arrogance in it. She never failed in putting people in their place whenever they lost their way and yet she still managed to carry herself with  pride and dignity.

She was a popular international supermodel,the top slay queen Naija ever had and the current face of the popular Tambari magazine.

Saleem,his assistant placed their order on the coffee table as Khalil gave him and absent minded nod while Fauziya gave him nothing but a curt nod.

She took a sip from her latte and scrunched her nose in distaste "yuck"

Khalil looked up "what is it?"

"The Latte's foam is not enough"

"Just have it have it like that please"

"But it taste awful"

He called his assistant again and told him to bring another latte,if possible extra foam.

"Babe" he called after the latte arrived and she was happy with it. She looked up and hummed in response.

"How would you like to join me and the guys later this evening for a hangout"

"Thanks but no thanks"she brought the latte close to her lips and dragged a sip. "You know that me and Aaman in the same room always ends up in a bloodbath"

"And that is why I'm asking you both to get along,for my sake"

She rolled her eyes heavenward and smiled. Those kind of smiles that she rarely lets out except she's with Khalil or any other person she's close to.

Fauziya kept him busy by filling him on what latest happenings at the studio and how all the crew drives her crazy. Khalil listened attentively without saying anything apart From oh really, you can't be serious, uh huh and unbelievable.

She knew about Khalil's reputation as a playful player but that didn't stop her from keeping her hopes up about her being the one for him. In all of her years, she has always been scared of one thing apart from Allah and that was Khalil rejecting her because she was madly in love with him.

Her phone's ringtone distracted her from her thoughts. She glanced at the caller's ID and rolled her eyes. She wondered what her manager could possibly want at that time when she was clearly not in the mood for work.

She reluctantly answered the call "what do you want Marisa?" She asked immediately she slid her thumb across the screen and skipping pleasantries.

"You've got to be kidding me" whatever her manager said really infuriated her because she angrily shot out of her seat making Khalil to look at her.

"Okay I'll be there soon" she angrily disconnected the call and turned to Khalil softening her look at him. "Sorry babe, I'm needed at the studio"

"Why? I thought you said today was your day off"

"I also thought so too but my photoshoot that was scheduled till tomorrow was moved to today because of a useless excuse"

Khalil gave her a smile while handing her handbag to her. "I was really looking forward to spending the rest of the day with you and the guys"

"I know and I'm sorry" she said buckling the straps of her heels and shoving her phone into her bag. She was really sorry but work was work and she needed to be on her way.

Khalil stood up too and kept his laptop on the table before throwing his overcoat on "shall I walk you out milady"

"Of course" she chuckled and together they walked out of the office.

When he got home, he was glad that he was able to sneak by his mother's room without her noticing but it was only a matter of time since Zulfa was at home.

He had his shower and donned up a grey hoodie and black jeans. He opened the drawer were he kept all his wristwatch collection was and scanned through it before finally picking his favorite,his F.P Journe. It was one of the things he got during his last visit to Dubai when he last went there for a short break with his friends.

Next he slipped on his Reebok sneakers and sprayed himself with his Oudh edition, golden Oudh. When he was set and ready,he picked the car key Aston martin. Realizing how tired he was,he dropped it back.

He wasn't having the desire to drive at all and that was why he had the driver drive him to and from the office. He decided that he'll call Amman even if he knew it won't be easy.

He slumped on his bed and dialled his number which he picked up after the third ring.

"What do you want Khalil,as far as I know, you are a traitor" Aaman deadpanned skipping the pleasantries.

Aaman and Khalil didn't always get along,but they were the closest to each to other.

"Do you mind coming to pick me up from my house?"

"Of course I mind"

"Since when did you start behaving like a girl and started playing hard to get Aaman"

"And don't let me promise you a punch  Khalil even you already deserve one"

"Come pick me up at my crib" Khalil asked again and shut his eyes as he waited for his response which came quicker and more direct than he expected.

"No!"

"Wait... What? Why not?"

"Oh let me think... Hmmm....because I am not your driver and you can drive your self" Aaman shot through the phone and disconnected the call.

Khalil tried his number again and it went directly to voice mail. He promise himself that one day, he would strangle Amman best friend or not.

Aaman was the playful one among the three of them. He rarely takes things seriously butmwhen he does,he takes it out on all of them.

Aaman was angry with Khalil because of the incident that happened a few days ago that time, Mas'ud was at Zazzau.

Khalil knew that Aaman and Fauziya didn't get along even one bit but he had one question, what would happen if they both had to be in the same car for at least an hour.

He asked or emotionally blackmailed Aaman to pick Fauziya up from a boutique since her own car broke and was already towed to a mechanic and bring to his office on a Saturday since he claims that he had an emergency meeting.

Actually, he was at home serving Zulfa and Minaal in table tennis having the fun of his life while his girlfriend and his best friend were on a wild goose chase.

He totally forgot that they were still waiting for him until Fauziya called him two and a half hours later.

When he picked the call,it wasn't Fauziya's voice but Aaman voiced who literally sparked his on him and asked him to come and pick his girlfriend.

Fauziya was angry with him for the next few hours,but him being Khalil and knowing her sour and soft spots,he was able to get  her to forgive him.

Aaman was another different case. He still refused to talk to him but still dropped by their house to pick Minaal up.

They've already spent six days out of their eight days break and they plan on spending the remaining two to the fullest.

Be down in five and don't keep me waiting.

–AS

When Khalil saw the text,he was glad, at least his friend still had a soft spot for him.

He gave himself a quick once over and took his wallet from the bedside cupboard and walked out.

He met Mammiey,Zulfa and Minaal in the living room on his way out watching a cliché romantic Asian movie.

He still didn't get why people even like Korean, Indian,Philippines or any romantic movie,there were too sappy for him to enjoy.

Mammiey saw him coming their way and paused giving him a questioning look.

"The guys and I are having a little hangout" he informed her.

"Can I come?" Minaal pitched in.

"No you can't" Zulfa opening her mouth to talk when he shut her up "and not even you too Zulfa"

"Be back before ten else you're sleeping outside"

"Got it"

He walked out of the house in long strides and met Aaman with his hands in his leaning next to his sleek jet black Ferrari clad in a white button up shirt and black denims and and black sneakers and aviator glasses and a scowl on his face upon seeing him.

"Hey buddy" Khalil greeted him.

"Just shut up and get in" Aaman snarled at him making Khalil raise his hands in surrender. He wasn't exactly angry with what Khalil did to him. It was just safe to say that he wasn't pleased about it. He knew that Khalil meant well but his arrogant side won't just let him be and also, he wanted Khalil to know that the possibility of him being nice to Fauziya was very slim,like when is trying to mix oil and water.

Aaman got in and started the engine and Khalil rushed in to enter the car before he leaves him.

When they got to the clubhouse, Aaman parked next to Mas'ud's car at the empty parking lot.

The place scanty because anytime the three of them were meeting together, they preferred to rent the whole place for the evening just so could get enough privacy.

The clubhouse was a multipurpose building with a sporting and recreational court, a mini restaurant and mini bar, a barbeque grill, a chilling booth and an outdoor swimming pool and their all time favorite, horseracing stables.

Aaman and Khalil went inside and met Mas'ud at the receptionist's table probably signing in for their reservation. He was the only one dressed in ritzy pearl grey gezner kaftan with a zanna bukar cap  perched perfectly on his head with a small backpack on his hand.

He had a cool demeanor oozing out of him as he walked towards them unlike Khalil and Aaman who both had a playful and mischievous glint in their eyes.

"Whoa,what are you wearing" Aaman scrunched his nose after the shook hands and gave their signature bro hug to each other.

"Yeah,you know CCU the dress code. classy, casual and unique"

"Of course, try wearing a sweat shirt and slacks to an Emirates meeting and tell me how it works out for you" he non drily walking past them and nudging their shoulders intentionally.

They both deduced that he was just coming back from Zazzau hence the formal regalia.

"So what should we do today huh?,
There a lot of things to do" Aaman asked as they walked further inside.

"I don't know too, what do you think we should do Mas'ud?" they both turned to Mas'ud.

"Please don't look at me. I only came here because you guys are here"

"We didn't come here to look at each other" Khalil raised his left hand up "time says five thirty seven and I have to be home before ten"

"And not to talk about the conventional breaks and prayer time,so the sooner we know what to start with the better because we have a short evening ahead of us" Aaman said.

"If you guys insist that I choose since I'm the oldest and you all respect me and obviously..."

"Your point" Khalil and Aaman both said in unison wanting  this over with already. Mas'ud was older than them with only seven months to be exact and yet he thinks all high and mighty about himself.

"Horse back riding" he suggested.

They both nodded their heads in agreement and maybe do one or two things after that. It was a rare occasion for them to meet all together like this,almost twice in every for months because of their personal responsibilities and tight schedules.

They went to the stables to pick their horses and get them ready but first, Mas'ud had to change from his kaftan to something else,something more comfortable. He had a pair of casuals in that black bag of his. They always come prepared.

While they waited for him, the both of them decided to warm up and stretch out a little while the men taking care of the horses saddle them for him.

"So Aaman, are you still angry about the whole tricking you and Fauziya thing" he asked he did a half split on the interlocked floor which was completely unnecessary but more of an excuse to flex out his strong muscles.

"Of course not, in fact, I never had any harsh feelings towards you"

"Really. You serious?"

"Of course not" Aaman snapped and threw a tiny stone hard at Khalil which he was able to catch before it would make any painful contact to his body "haven't you ever heard of sarcasm"

"Come on,I already said I was sorry before"

"But sorry doesn't fix now it does it?" Khalil couldn't think of a reply at the moment "yeah, I thought so too"

Mas'ud came back actually dressed in a black sweatshirt and slacks and white Jordan trainers.

He walked over to were they were standing while rubbing his palms together "So what did I miss"

Aaman shrugged "nothing much except the little detail that Khalil is annoying"

"Well, it took you long enough to find out" Mas'ud mumbled.

"Dude!"

"Sorry, it's just that I've been bearing with you guys for years and it's just now one of you decides to see the big picture"

"Are we riding or not" Khalil said already tired of them treating him as if he wasn't present with them.

They both mounted their horses while Mas'ud was still on the ground thinking of only god knows what.

"Are you climbing your horse or not?" Impatient Aaman asked shooting Khalil a glare.

"I can see that there is a beef between you hmm,so how about we take this horseback up a notch?" They couldn't miss the wittiness behind his voice.

Despite the fact that he was quiet. He was still very mischievous and would pay to watch from sidelines, a good drama to unfold and can even make it juicier.

"How could you make this more interesting?" Aaman asked again narrowing his at him with Khalil doing the same.

"How 'bout a horse race,hmm?"

"Sound promising but I'm not interested" Khalil said indifferently.

"If Khalil wins, Aaman would have to forget about what happened"

"And what if I win?"

"Khalil gets to grant you any wish, as long as it is halal"

"And what do you have to gain from all these?" That  was Khalil being suspicious of Mas'ud.

"Nothing only that I'm up for a good drama. I'm sure it would end up juicy" he said rubbing his palms against each other again.

"I promise,you won't see anything dramatic about this game" Khalil said trying to act cool and responsible.

"Speak for yourself" Aaman spat and sprinted for the race course.

*****

So we are going to stop here for now because the chapter was already getting to long 😇.

But you know that I love you guys too much to leave you in a cliffhanger.

As usual... Don't forget to;

Vote ⭐
Comment 💬
And share🌀
And also follow 💌

Stay happy
Stay awesome
Stay blessed
And don't forget to be nice to each other.

Love,Phaereedarh 💞

Sayanora mi amigos.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

15K 823 66
Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out that her younger sister is secretly marrie...
1.7M 159K 83
Highest ranking #1 WATTPAD FEATURED STORY. He walked past her without sparing her a single glance. The one glance she had been yearning for years now...
77.6K 8.1K 26
~~Love Prevails~~ ~~its a heart touching love story ~~click on to find out how Haisam & Majnoon were able handle all the trials they faced ~~its gonn...
152K 18.1K 52
He was now striding purposefully towards her as she tried as much as she could to compose her self. She wasn't wrong. It was Umar. Umar the brashly a...