The Return to Black Woods (Dr...

By ForestMist

The second book of my Dragons vs. Wolves series. Tegan and Tessie flee Iceland when their parents are brutal... More

The Return to Black Woods (Dragons vs. Wolves: Book Two)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Five

261 17 2
By ForestMist

Hello my lovely readers,

Just a quick note.

I'm going to stop posting the chapter questions.

Now, the chapter dedications will go to the comment on the previous chapter that is the most supportive.

Thanks for reading this authors note.

____________________________________________

Tegan's P.O.V.

When we pulled into my driveway, we seen three things that I never wanted to see.

Ashlyn parks the car we were using, right by the house, and I climb out of the backseat. I turn around to pick up a Nadia who fell asleep about an hour ago. One thing I know for sure is that I'm never letting her out of my sight again. The alpha in me refuses to let go of his mate again, which is why I was currently carrying her up to my bedroom, to lay her on my bed.

I walk pass my little sister, who is standing outside with her best friend, Jordan. That would be the first thing that has me unsettled. Not the fact that Jordan was here, that was to be expected. What had me unsettled was the shape my sister was in. She was standing on the porch next to Jordan, and she had her wings sprouted out of her back, and her head was in her wolf form. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't care if she transforms, as long as she sticks to the rules I set down.

One, do not transform unless Stereo or I am here to keep an eye on her. Two, do NOT, by any circumstances, show her dragon side to anyone!

The look on Tessie's face when I walk by her to go into the house was priceless. If I wasn't so agitated then I would've laughed, but instead, my jaw is actually twitching.

I kick the door open and take a turn to head up the stairs. Kicking my second door open for the day, I walk into my room and set Nadia down on my bed, covering her up. She immediately grabs my pillow and snuggles against it. Nadia takes a deep breath in, probably inhaling my scent which makes a gentle smile appear on her sleeping face. With her being my newest weak spot, right next to my sister who doesn't listen, I smile down at my mates sleeping form.

I turn to walk out of the door and see Dylan standing in the door way. He opens his mouth, probably to make excuses for my little sister, but I hold my hand up to stop him. He immediately closes his mouth and follows me out of the room as I pass him, pushing him out of the way so I can close the door.

Dylan: I know you're annoyed at Tess for not listening, and I have no idea what that mutt is doing here, but you don't have to take it out on me. I was just making sure you were going to be okay.

That would be the second reason why I'm twitching with annoyance. There was a DOG in my house. Yes, you heard me right. There was an orange Siberian Husky sitting outside of my house, right next to my little sister and her best friend.

I take a deep breath and head downstairs, preparing myself for the lecture I'm preparing everybody. On the way down the stairs, we pass Jackson who is headed up the stairs, probably heading to his room.

Jackson: Remember Tegan, she's only 8 years old. She has to rebel a little bit or else I would be worried about her.

I pick my head up from the floor and look at Jackson, who has a giant red mark on his forehead, indicating just how Ashlyn ended up waking him up. I guess she's still mad at him for drinking the champagne from last night and removing his ability to shift, making the chances of our escape drop considerably. Luckily, we made it without any hassle.

As soon as my eyes land on him, his expression tells me that he regrets speaking to me. That, along with the waves of fear that I feel rolling off him. Dylan grabs the front of Jackson's shirt and pulls him the rest of the way up the stairs, getting him away from me before he makes anything worse than it already is.

I continue my way down the stairs and soon reach the living room, where Ashlyn and Zachariah are sitting on my couch holding hands, with Tessie and Jordan sitting next to them.

Me: Thank you for helping me get my mate back. I really appreciate your help and it was much needed.

Zachariah lets go of his mate's hand and makes his way towards me. He claps his hand on my shoulder in a friendly gesture.

Zachariah: It's the least we could do to help, after all, you did help change me back. I don't know how I will ever thank you enough for helping me out with that. If you ever need anything, just call us. We're here for you, and don't leave for your kingdom without us.

His statement makes my annoyed expression turn into one of surprise. Did he just say...?

Ashlyn walks up to him and wraps her arm around her mate's arm. He looks down at her like she's the goddess herself and that she has given him every reason to keep his life going. I wonder if that's how I look at Nadia.

Ashlyn: Yes Tegan, we agreed to go to your kingdom with you. So I guess you'll have to change the name of it once we get there. It won't be "The Great Dragon and Wolf Kingdom" anymore, you'll have to change the name to just "The Kingdom" or something like that. I'm sure that after the war is over, every supernatural will want something that will keep order in the supernatural world. Why don't you make our kingdom into something like that?

I let the idea go through my head, instantly liking it.

Ashlyn: Plus, you'll need some witches there to keep the protection spell up around it, so you don't get invaded again. So until you need us, we're going to go back to the witch that turned Zachariah back into a wolf, and beg her to teach me everything she knows. But as soon as you engage the war, let us know and we'll be there.

With that said, they head out the front door, leaving with only a small wave. As soon as the car is out of sight, I turn to the two 8-year-old girls that are currently residing on the couch in front of me. I take a deep breath, thinking about how to start.

Me: Explain.

My little sister instantly jumps up from the couch, rushing forward to stand in front of me with the puppy eyes on her face. This only serves to remind me of the form she was in when I got home, so that only hurts her situation more than it already was.

Tessie: You know how I can transform into both a dragon, and now a wolf?

I nod.

Tessie: Well, I was just exploring to see if I could transform just certain parts of my body instead of my whole being. That's when you and your friends ended up arriving home.

I can understand her curiosity. Trust me, I was wondering the same thing a while ago.

Me: But why were you trying something like that out when I, nor Stereo or Lucas, were here to keep an eye on you. You could've gotten stuck in that form. The rogues that took over our kingdom could've tracked you down and kidnapped you, just like they did with Nadia. I don't know if I could've gotten to you in time to keep you alive Tess!

There's the third reason why I was so agitated when I came home. Stereo, Darrek, and Lucas were absolutely nowhere in sight. They weren't in the house, and I couldn't smell their scents anywhere. This can only mean that they weren't here when we were off saving Nadia.

Tessie: I'm sorry. I know I should've waited to try it out, but I was just so curious!

She looks like she's about to start jumping up and down with excitement over what she discovered. I really don't blame her. It's one thing when a dragon and a wolf are mates, but it's a whole another thing when their kid can transform into a dragon and a wolf. Which makes Tessie one-of-a-kind, and also, the first of her kind.

A sigh escapes me as I let go of the reason I am most upset about.

Me: Just don't let it happen again, okay?

She throws her arms around me, hugging me as tightly as she can. I wrap my arms around her and keep her held against me, happy that nothing bad happened to her while I was gone.

I pull away from the hug and kneel down to her level.

Me: Now, explain the THAT.

Her expression went from happy and excited, to grim and panicking.

Tessie: He showed up here on the first day you left, and I just grew attached to him.

Me: He's been here for almost three days?

She nods. I look up at the ceiling and try to find it in me to tell her to get rid of the mutt. I know this won't end well. I mean, it's a dog in a house full of wolves. What if the dog tries to attack one of us? Our wolves will probably take completely over and kill it.

I glance over at the dog who is just sitting by the couch next to Jordan. I look at the condition the mutt is in and realize that it's covered in bite marks and has patches of hair missing. It looks like it's been through hell, in short.

Me: Fine. But you have to earn the money it will cost you to take him to the veterinarian. That means doing chores, running errands, helping out with training, help set up for meetings, and other stuff like that.

She smiles again and nods at me, silently agreeing to the terms of keeping the mutt. Soon enough, she's racing Jordan up the stairs so that way they can go play in her room. The mutt is still sitting where they left him. I point my hand towards the stairs, motioning him to follow my little sister.

Me: Get going Cujo. Your job is to protect her when I'm not here. You are to not leave her side unless she's at school. Now get out of my living room.

The dog barks at me before running up the stairs after my sister. Now that I actually think about it, my house is starting to get full. Only three of us live here full time, but six of us stay here overall.

After thinking about what I just did, I really need a stress reliever. I walk back up the stairs and into my bedroom, where my mate is still half asleep on the bed. Her eyes are open when I walk in but her mind doesn't look like it's processing yet. I walk over to the bed and climb in next to her, just wanting to feel her presence next to me. I really missed her in those few days that she was gone.

Everything in the house seems peaceful. Tess and Jordan are in her room playing, and Dylan and Jackson were back downstairs in the game room. Then there's Nadia, who's cuddled up with me in bed. Her eyes are trained on me and she now looks more awake. Almost completely if you ask me.

Nadia: I accept.

My eyebrows scrunch in confusion, not having a clue about what she's talking about. She takes that as an indication to explain.

Nadia: Before I got kidnapped, we were talking about accepting each other and living our lives out together as mates should. But I was forced to tell you that I reject you. I really didn't want to reject you Tegan, I promise. It's just that they threatened your life and I couldn't let them do that. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, as mates, your girlfriend, and eventually your wife.

I smile and pull her against my chest, hugging her as if my life depends on it. I can feel my heart slowly piecing itself back together from her confession.

Me: Move in with me.

She pushes herself up from me and looks me in the eyes.

Nadia: What?

Me: Move in with me. I can't stand the thought of losing you again and I don't ever want you to be out of my sight more than necessary. So Nadia, will you move in with me?

She smiles at me and nods her head.

Nadia: Of course.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 27.7K 85
When Robyn gets stranded in the woods one day with none other than her high-school crush, the last thing on her mind is coming face-to-face with who...
129 15 7
Nova doesn't know much, but she knows three things. One: Her mother was murdered by wolves. Two: Her terrible nightmares of being hunted by a large b...
1.1K 69 28
Ellie and her team turned onto the street with their guns raised. One of them turned to Ellie hoping that she had some sort of plan to get them out o...
11.3K 523 52
Follow Ruby as she gets tired of her pack ignoring her and her family pretending she doesn't exist. Watch as the ones who are suppose to love her, he...