Blade's Edge || Deception Boo...

Par Astaroth_312

After leaving Camp Half-Blood last summer with her enemy, Luke Castellan, Clarianna Sinclair has played a dan... Plus

Foreword
Chapter 1: The Day Before Tomorrow
Chapter 2: The Day Before Tomorrow
Chapter 3: Reunion
Chapter 4: Reunion
Chapter 5: Reunion
Chapter 6: The Warning
Chapter 7: The Dreaded Game
Chapter 8: The Quest Begins
Chapter 9: Meeting in the Stateroom Pt.1
Chapter 10: Meeting In the Stateroom Pt.2
Chapter 11: Initiation
Chapter 12: The First Fracture
Chapter 13: Strained Reconciliation
Chapter 14: A Twist in the Web
Chapter 15: Flight Pt.1
Chapter 16: Flight Pt. 2
Chapter 17: Uncertainty
Chapter 18: Convening in Olympus Pt. 1
Chapter 19: Council Meeting Pt. 2
Chapter 20: Sparks Pt. 1
Chapter 21: Sparks Pt. 2
Chapter 22: Falling
Chapter 23: Tropical Fiesta Pt. 1
Chapter 24: Tropical Paradise Pt. 2
A/N, Updates, + Q&A
Q + A
Chapter 25: In the Ruins of Othrys Pt.I
Chapter 26: In the Ruins of Othrys Pt.II
Chapter 27: Maze of Mirrors Pt.1
Chapter 28: Maze of Mirrors Pt. 2
Chapter 29: The Cliff
Chapter 30: Cobwebs and Sand
Chapter 31: Fracturing Secrets Pt.1
Chapter 32: Fracturing Secrets Pt.2
Chapter 33: The Bane of Olympus Pt. I
Chapter 34: The Bane of Olympus Pt. II
Chapter 35: Feline Fiasco Pt.1
Chapter 36: Feline Fiasco Pt. II
Chapter 37: Beneath the Drifting Snow
Chapter 38: A Promise of Boba
Holiday Special:
Chapter 39: Smoke and Shadows Pt. I
Chapter 40: Smoke and Shadows Pt. II
Chapter 41: Eternal Starlight
Chapter 42: God-given Headaches
Chapter 43: An Overdue Conversation
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Claraphim Star Pt.I
Chapter 46: The Claraphim Star Pt.II
Chapter 47: End of the Beginning
Epilogue
A/N
A/N II

Prologue

452 21 7
Par Astaroth_312

All was silent on Olympus save for the flickering flames of the braziers that burned brightly in the night, warding off the darkness. Hecate sighed as she strolled through the courtyard, wondering how on Earth it had come to this.

Over the last month, ever since Koios had summoned her to his prison, his words had haunted her sleepless nights. "What have the Olympians ever done for you? After all you've done for them, still, they refuse you a seat in their mighty council, shun you as a minor god, only to call you back when they need your help. You make it sound like someone has your hands and feet tied."

Hecate shook her head to clear away his words. No. I may not have sworn on the Styx, but I will not abandon my daughter and the Olympians. They are not perfect, but they are, for sure, better than Kronos and you. A promise is a promise, and I will not be like the Olympians, who have left a trail of broken promises behind them. Besides, they did save Clarianna, even if it only prolonged her life.

"Hecate?"

Hecate spun around, her blond hair flying behind her, and turned to face the figure who emerged from the shadows of the flickering flames. "Athena? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question," Athena replied drily. "Thinking about changing sides in the war?"

"Why do you ask that?" Hecate replied flatly. "You know I am indebted to you for saving Clari."

Athena sighed, falling beside Hecate. "Don't play games with me. I don't doubt that you'll keep your promise, but I can guess what you feel. Besides, I know about your visit to our grandfather," she wrinkled her nose, "a month ago."

Hecate sighed. "Yes, he has not given up trying to persuade me to join. My answer has not changed."

Athena nodded. "That's good." She hesitated. "I know you are unhappy about your situation and the rest of the minor gods, but you of all people should know that the balance of the world is critical, goddess of the crossroads. Not everyone and everything can be equal to each other. if there is no hierarchy, there is no balance."

Hecate nodded. "I know. This is why I have made my peace with this. I will keep my promise and fight with you."

"That's good to hear," a new voice interjected. "War is looming on the horizon. The boy may only be thirteen, but his forces are growing in strength every day. We are wasting too much time."

"Artemis," Athena acknowledged, her eyes shadowed. "Yes. We are wasting too much time. But father has forbidden us from discussing this issue. He foolishly hopes that the problem will resolve itself with time." She shook her head. "War is coming whether we like it or not. Even now, his plans are in motion."

"I fear for what may happen come next summer," Hecate murmured. "Even now, faint ripples through the Mist are giving me glimpses of catastrophe."

"My prophetic sight has told me nothing," Apollo quipped, emerging from the doorway from the throne room. "The oracle has been silent."

"Brother, what are you doing here?" Artemis said flatly. "I thought you were busy preparing yourself for your grand entrance into the sky that's due to happen in seven and a half hours."

"Wow, baby sis, you remembered when I rise today. I'm flattered. Though, not about the preparing part. Why would I, the sun god, need seven and a half hours of preparation when I'm already perfect?"

Hecate snorted. "Enough, you two. We are discussing a more than serious matter here. Stop before Lady Athena gets frustrated with your endless bickering."

Apollo sighed. "As for why I'm here, I couldn't help but see Hecate here wandering through the garden, so I came down to ask her about Clarianna. That is why you're here too, no?" he said, glancing at Artemis.

"Yes. Hermes is supposed to be back at midnight and he sent word that Clari had passed him news," Hecate acknowledged.

"Sorry I'm late," Hermes said as he appeared in front of the waiting immortals at three minutes past midnight. "Ran into some trouble on the way here."

"What trouble?" Athena asked. "Has it anything to do with-"

"No, just boring mortal issues with a massive internet failure in Houston. Don't know why so many people are up at midnight, with those fragile mortal bodies that need sleep, but whatever."

"If that's the case, then?" Artemis prompted. "News?"

Hermes sighed, spinning his caduceus idly between his fingers. "Why did I ever decide to become the messenger god? Easy job, they said. No issues, no hard work. Why, I'm running from dawn till dusk till dawn!"

"Hermes," Athena said impatiently.

"Okay, okay." Hermes pointed his caduceus towards the centre of the throne room and a glowing hologram of the United States appeared. "They're here." He pointed at the ocean off the coast of Maine. "Clari just informed me that they've recruited another half-dozen demigods since August."

"What? Already? It's barely been a month," Apollo said in shock. "Are so many of our children traitors?"

"Yours," Artemis muttered.

"You-"

"Hey, I'm in the middle of something!" Hermes snapped.

Apollo sighed but snapped his mouth shut.

"As I was saying," Hermes continued, glaring at Apollo, "they're currently moving south from Maine. They stop at every dock along the east coast and send select demigods, usually her and-and-and my son," Hermes stopped for a moment, recollected himself, and continued, "inland to scout along with a couple of monsters to sniff out their auras since they have no satyrs." He turned to Hecate. "That empousai of yours is mightily helpful to them. Why can't you just kill it?"

Hecate sighed. "Hermes, we've been over this. I can't just go and kill her, even if she is my subordinate. If I did, not only would they just use another one, Kronos would know that I'm actively helping you. When that happens, his already suspicious nature will immediately jump to the conclusion that Clari is a spy and kill her."

"She's right," Athena nodded. "We have to leave the demon alone. Besides, I hear Clari is giving it quite a hard time."

Artemis smirked, shaking her head. "Clari's too devious for her own good. She's already cast a charm to make the demon's charmspeak useless against Luke and her natural resistance to charmspeak as a daughter of Hecate is extremely beneficial to us."

"Fine," Hermes grumbled. "Anyways, she informed me that they'll reach Long Island again near the solstice, and continue south toward Florida." He hesitated. "And then the sea of monsters."

"What?" Apollo exclaimed. "The Sea of Monsters? What will they possibly-oh." There was a heartbeat of silence, before he said, "They can't possibly be thinking of using the fleece to bring him back, can they?"

Athena shook her head, scrutinizing the map. "No way would Luke go into the sea himself. There's something else going on."

"You have an idea of what it is, don't you," Artemis said, speaking up.

Athena sighed. "Just suspicions that won't do any good other than keep one speculating." She turned to Hecate. "Keep an eye out for any further disturbances within the mist, alright?"

Hecate nodded. "Yes, my lady."

"Hermes, keep us updated on any suspicious movements and keep in touch with Clari."

"I'll make sure my hunters keep an eye out as well," Artemis added. "And Zoe knows about Clari's mission, so she'll be careful."

Athena nodded. "They'll wait until next summer, but we're running out of time. Using the fleece, resurrection might be possible. We must keep it out of their hands but this responsibility will have to fall to our children. The immortal laws prevent us from interfering. I hope my daughter and the sea god's son are prepared for next year. I will let Chiron know."

Artemis, Apollo, and Hermes nodded before disappearing in bright flashes of light, leaving Athena and Hecate along in the empty throne room that flickered with ominous flames.

The goddess of wisdom turned her piercing grey gaze to Hecate, who met hers with sharp green ones. "Clarianna must be ready. Times are changing and these waters are growing murkier. She is balanced on the blade's edge. Every single step she takes will determine victory or catastrophe."

"She's ready. We've spent the last twelve years training her. She's prepared," Hecate replied.

"There is more to war than just physical combat. Her heart and mind must remain strong as well."

Athena turned to leave and walked towards the door, and paused.

"She isn't the only one hiding a devastating secret, Hecate." 

***
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for updates and announcements!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

23.4K 935 9
"It's written in the 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬, Luke. We're not meant to be together." "I say fuck the starts, 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬." 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the daughter ...
7.8K 152 14
Angela was the daughter of Poseidon, Luke was the son of Hermes, it could never work out, but they tried anyway. -Enemies to friends to lovers -it's...
5.6K 107 14
At the end of the lightning thief, instead of poisoning Percy Jackson, Luke Castellan convinces him to join Kronos's army. What will happen when Perc...
836K 15.1K 41
Percy's life is great, until one of his best friends betrays him.He decides to leave camp with his true friends and meets Chaos. What happens when th...