Reality Ever After

ScribbledVisions által

Join in to witness Manik and Nandini strive through the challenges thrown by life. It's all about them growin... Több

Copyright ©
Part 1. Our Journey
Part 3. Let me Protect You
Part 4. I'll Hold You Till the End of Time
Part 5. Mockery Malfunctioned
Part 6. Late Night Phenomenon
Part 7. Pent-Up Emotional Outburst
Part 8. I'll Be There For You
Part 9. Coffee Chronicles
Part 10. Lovers' Quarrel
Part 11. Make-up Kisses and Conversations
Part 12. The Note is Too Low
Part 13. You Before Me
Part 14. D-Day Jitters
Part 15. Relationship Analytics
Part 16. A Cinderella Moment
Part 17. The Adregenic Concert
Part 18. Head over Heels
Part 19. Plan B
Part 20. This Ain't a Fairy Tale
Part 21. A Two-Way Street?
Part 22. Pieces of a Puzzle
Looking for Inspiration
Part 23. Unknown Aptitude
Part 24. Awkward Huddle
Part 25. Girl Talk
Part 26. Physics & Pa
Part 27. A Tangled Mess
Part 28. Mad At (About) You
Part 29. Lean on me
Part 30. Happy Realization
Part 31. Home
Part 32. Bills and Birth Control
Part 33. Contraversies and Conclusions
Part 34. Insecurities At Play
Part 35. Bickering Travellers
Part 36. Tipsy Tales
Part 37. Travel Diaries
Part 38. The Battle of Betrayal
Part 39. My Pillar of Strength
Part 40. Crime Master Gogo
Part 41. A Long Day's Night
Part 42. Impulsive Decisions
Part 43. The First Compromise
Part 44. Friend or Follower?
Part 45. Solace in your Arms
Part 46. Denial & Acceptance
Part 47. Pride & Protectiveness
Part 48. Finding Family
Part 49. A Blessing in Disguise
Part 50. You Inspire Me
Part 51. A Born Leader
Part 52. Envy, Guilt & Fury
Part 53. Shattered But Stronger
Part 54. The Price of Privilege
Part 55. Struggle to Success
Part 56. A Peek into the Future
Decode the cover
Part 57. Diverging Thoughts
Part 58. Baby Steps
Part 59. Rejection
Part 60. Just Another Bad Day
Part 61. Wants and Needs
Part 62. Helpless Turmoil
Part 63. Seize & Surrender
Part 64. Bare My Soul
Chapter 65. Forever Rose
Note
The MaNan Movie - Such a Sham!
Part 66. Ground Rules
Chapter 67: Pawn in the Game
Part 68. Life is a Lie
Part 69. Numb
Part 70. House of Cards
Part 71. My Anchor in the Storm
Note
Part 72. A Web of Love
Part 73. The Battle of the Mind
KYY Season 4 - Penny for your Thoughts?
Part 74. Letting Go
Part 75. One Last Time
Part 76 - The Beauty of Their Dreams

Part 2. Our Worlds Entwining

9.3K 625 102
ScribbledVisions által

All of them moved to the terrace with all their instruments. However, when they reached there, they saw a part of the terrace had a telescope set up with a bunch of physics and astronomy books lying around.

Alya - What is all this?

Manik - Oh shit. I completely forgot about this. Don't touch the telescope. The settings will get messed up. Babu.. Please terrace se sab books leke mere room rakh do.

In the meanwhile, Manik very carefully picked up the telescope ensuring the settings don't get disrupted and placed it in the corner of the terrace.

Alya - But why are you studying physics? And what's with the telescope?

Manik - It's Nandini's stuff. She's preparing for the Astro-physics entrance exam.

Dhruv - Astrophysics? Seriously? Woh music padh rahi hai and now she wants to become an

Astrophysicist? Aur yeh sab books tere ghar pe kyu hai?

Manik - She always wanted to be a scientist. Like her dad. She wants to work at NASA. That's her dream. So I asked her to give it a shot if she really wants it.

Alya - Then why music?

Manik - She took it up because she got a scholarship and she wanted to channelize her education fees for Rishabh's treatment. Also, Amms wanted her to pursue music. So anyway, now I've finally convinced her to give this a shot. But she hasn't let her family know yet. She says she'll tell them if she gets accepted on a scholarship at one of the universities she applies to. That's why my house is full of physics and mathematics books making me look like a nerd. But she studies here.

Mukti - And you're okay with this? I mean she's so talented. She could be a big name in the classical space. Usse itne saare instruments play karne aate hai and she sings so well too. She's a freaking musical prodigy.

Manik - I know. But music is just happiness for her, not passion. She should pursue what she wants to. And trust me, she's damn good at this also. She's told me about so many constellations and satellites when I help her study. It's actually quite interesting.

Cabir - YOU help her study? Seriously?? Har physics exam mein copy karke paas hota tha tu? Do you remember?

All of them started laughing at that.

Manik - I know bro. But Nandini thinks she studies better when she talks about it. So I offered to learn about it so that it helps her. And what's wrong with that? Main bhi toh usko mere aadhe adhoore songs sunaata hoon for her inputs? Actually, you guys need to listen to this. Nandini ne kal raat ko ek bahut amazing suggestion diya to get the music upbeat. Let me know if you guys like it or we'll go back to what we decided.

He played the part and finally the Fab 5 got to jamming and practising music.

However, the whole conversation with Manik about his and Nandini's relationship kept playing at the back of everyone's head. Mukti and Cabir couldn't be happier for Manik and Nandini. Whereas Alya hoped that she and Dhruv had that maturity to build their relationship the way Nandini and Manik had. Post listening to Manik, all she could see were the wrong choices she and Dhruv made which made their relationship go downhill. Should she try having a conversation with Dhruv about starting afresh? And doing it right this time? Or was it too late?

On the other hand, Dhruv was on a different tangent altogether. He wondered how Manik just managed to get everything in life without even trying hard enough. He was easily one of the most talented people, the most good-looking guy in college and had an entire college who was crazy about him, was rich and could have everything he wanted, and now had such an amazing relationship with the woman he loved. When he looked at him playing his guitar right now, he looked so peaceful and happy. He had that small smile on his face which said that he was thinking about Nandini.

Manik and he grew up together as really close friends. They both were closer than any of the other Fab 5 members. Everything about their life was the same. In fact, the irony of life was that they both were/are in love with the same women as well - Alya and Nandini. But somehow, Manik had managed to have a decently happy relationship with Alya before and now, he was more than just happy with Nandini whereas, Nandini didn't even think of him as boyfriend material and his relationship with Alya was screwed up and somewhere down the line, he believed both his relationships didn't work because of Manik.

But how did Manik just manage to get everything he wanted without even trying.

His thoughts were suddenly disrupted when he heard Nandini coming...

Nandini - Hi guys...

She was carrying a tray full of cups for everyone and started distributing them amongst everyone.

Nandini - Alya, here's your jasmine green tea, Dhruv and Cabir, here's your masala chai, Mukti's cappuccino and Manik, here's your earl grey tea. I thought you'd have been practising for really long and could use a break.

Mukti - The coffee is soo good Nandini. Did you make it?

Nandini - I'm glad you liked it.

Cabir - Tune Nandini ke haath ki masala chai nahi pee hai. It's amazing. Ab kisi aur ke haath ki chai acchi hi nahi lagti.

Nandini - Don't over-exaggerate Cabir. Besides, maine Chachi se seekhi hai yeh chai banana. So you should thank her. By the way, maine tum logon ko disturb toh nahi kiya na? I just barged in.

Manik pulled her close to him and wrapped an arm around her pecking her cheek.

Manik - Haan. you totally disturbed us.

Nandini - Manik.. Stop it.. Everyone's here.

Manik - So? When has that ever mattered to me?

Nandini - Listen. Stay away from me or else tumhe bhi cough ho jayega. And don't forget you have to sing.

Manik - Are you feeling better now though? Fever toh nahi aaya na?

Nandini - I'm better now. The medicines and the haldi wala doodh helped.

Manik - Good.

Nandini - Waise. Ek baat poochu? Tumne haldi wala doodh kyu piya?

Manik - Because you had to drink it and I know you don't like it. It's like the vinegar logic. You drink it, I drink it.

Nandini - You know what, agar hum abhi terrace pe sab ke saath nahi hote na, then I would've kissed you.

Manik - Dammit. Yeh humaare kisses ki timings itni kharab kyu hoti hai?

Nandini elbowed him on his stomach.

Nandini - Tum thode zyaada besharam nahi ho gaye ho aajkal?

Manik - Pehle se hi tha. Woh toh I was behaving myself in front of you.

Nandini - So why have you stopped behaving yourself now?

Manik - Because now you should know my real side also na.

Nandini - Mr. Manik Malhotra. I already know the real side of you. Anyway, I have to go study now aur tumhari kiss pending hai. Come soon or else pata nahi, mera mood change ho jaaye?

Manik - Ms. Nandini Murthy, I think by now you know I have the power to change your mood quite easily.

Nandini - Hahaha. Very funny!

She turns around to the rest of the gang.

Nandini - Guys, do you'll want something to eat? I'll get something made.

Cabir - Haan yaar. Please. Kuch bhi chalega.. thanks Nandini.

Nandini was about to leave the terrace when she suddenly recollected.

Nandini - Accha Manik listen, I just spoke to Ramu Kaka. Apparently, it's his grand-daughter's first birthday tomorrow and unhe unke village jaana tha. But he was scared to ask for a day off to Nyonika and you. Maine unko bola hain that he can go. But can you give him some money so he can buy her a nice gift?

Manik - Haan toh tum hi de do na. Yeh lo chaabi to the safe in the study.

He threw the keys to the safe to her.

Nandini - Manik. Like we decided, money is your department. I'm not getting involved. Tum hi de do. It'll take 2 mins.

And she ran down.

Manik - I'll just come back in 2. And he left to go down to talk to Ramu Kaka and got back after he forced Ramu Kaka to accept some money for his grand daughter's birthday gift.

Manik - Hey guys, chalo let's start practising.

Cabir - Manik, ek baat bata. Tune aur Nandini ne shaadi kar li aur hume bulaya bhi nahi.

Manik - What? Shaadi? Teri chai mein kuch mila tha kya? What bullshit are you talking about?

Cabir - Really? Agar main bullshit kar raha hu toh abhi yeh kya tha?

Manik - Kya kya tha?

Alya - NandinI ne tera ghar takeover kar liya. Even Nyonika never got involved in all of this.

Manik - Exactly why she's involved. And that's not because I asked her to take care of things. Poora ka poora staff is scared of me and my temper aur Nyonika ko toh chod hi de. It's just that Nandini spends so much time at home now so everyone just got comfortable approaching her. Besides, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with most of this.

Cabir - Haan. Woh honey ki tarah sweet aur tu karele ke jaisa kadwa.

Manik - HA HA HA. Very funny. Anyway, let's wrap this up now quickly. I need to spend some time with Nandini also before she has to go back home.

Dhruv - Par Manik, we have 2 more songs pending. Kaise khatam hoga?

Manik - Dhruv yaar, hum subah se practice kar rahe hai. All of us will be drained out in no time.

All of them finally wrapped their jamming session and moved back downstairs. Manik went straight to his room and check what Nandini was upto while the others were hanging around in the living room. Manik found Nandini asleep on the bed with all her books lying around. He smiled looking at her. He quietly picked all her books and put them on the table. He needed to wake her up now. She needed to have another dose of her medicines.

Manik - Nandini. Wake up...

Nandini - Hmmm... 2 mins...

Manik - Okay. You get up and freshen up. Main neeche jaa raha hoon. You want something?

Nandini - No. I'm okay. Is everyone still home?

Manik - Haan. Everyone is hanging out neeche. Tum jaldi aao. I'll get some soup made for you.

Nandini - Hmmm...

Manik headed down and saw Alya and Mukti in a corner and they looked kind of worried.

Manik - Everything okay girls?

Mukti - Uh.. haan Manik. It's just a girl thing. Main aur Alya abhi 10 min mein aate hai. Need to go to a nearby store to buy something.

Manik kind of understood what the 'girl' problem might be.

Manik - Why don't you go ask Nandini. She will have what you'll need. Woh.. mere room mein hai.

Manik walked towards the guys to make sure he didn't make things more awkward for Mukti and Alya. At the same time, Mukti and Alya were staring at Manik in surprise.

Mukti - Waah.. Now Manik even understands ki hume sanitary napkins chahiye? But kitna cute lag raha tha when he was trying to avoid talking about it.

Alya and Mukti started laughing and headed to Manik's room to borrow a sanitary napkin from Nandini.

Nandini was folding the blanket and straightening up the bed when Mukti and Alya walked in.

Mukti - Hey Nandini..

Nandini - Hey Mukti, Hi Alya..

Mukti - Actually Nandini, ek favour chahiye. Do you have an extra sanitary napkin? Emergency hai.

Nandini - Of course Mukti. Bathroom mein hi hai. The bottom right drawer.

Mukti - Wow. You've almost moved in with Manik. Not bad... No wonder Manik ko yeh choti choti cheezien pata chal rahi hai.

Nandini blushed a little.

Nandini - Aisa kuch nahi hai. Woh...

Alya - It's okay Nandini. You don't have to give us any explanations. We understand.

Mukti winked at her and went into the washroom.

Alya - Uh... Nandini... I know it's a little awkward. Aur humne kabhi aise baat bhi nahi ki hai. But.. I was hoping we could have a small girl-talk? I wanted your opinion about something...

Nandini - Of course Alya. You don't have to ask.

Alya - Woh.. mujhe mere aur Dhruv ke baare mein baat karni thi.

Nandini - Haan bolo... Is everything okay?

Alya - Actually, aaj hum sab baat kar rahe the. About you and Manik. And Manik told us about how the two of you made your relationship so strong by ensuring you all took your time to make your relationship and your connection stronger. And trust me, all of us adore the two of you. Tum dono ke beech mein jo understanding hai, it's so rare to see to that amongst couples. But Manik hume jab bata raha tha yeh sab. I couldn't help but wonder ki agar Dhruv and I could've taken things differently, maybe we wouldn't have ended up the way we did. Maybe we would have still been together. In fact, main soch rahi thi if I should have a conversation with him.. about starting afresh and taking our time?

Mukti came out of the washroom at that time. She could hear Alya from the washroom and had heard what Alya was saying.

Mukti - No way Alya. You're not opening Dhruv's chapter again. Last time, you suffered through bulimia because of him. Don't put yourself through the same thing again.

Nandini - Alya. I understand what you're going through. And Mukti is not completely wrong. Tum abhi bhi bulimia se recover kar rahi ho. And if you don't take care of yourself now, it will only worsen your condition. And as far as Dhruv is concerned, Alya, I think you should try and understand if Dhruv is on the same page as you. Matlab, mujhe kuch zyaada pata toh nahi hai but I think Dhruv aur tumhare issues boil down to your history with Manik. And I don't think Dhruv ne woh issues se personally deal kiya hai ab tak. And iss sab mein tumhari koi galti nahi hai. Everybody has a past. And you don't have to regret it. And Dhruv should be able to handle the fact that Manik and you had a history which is over now and there's no correlation between your history with Manik compared to what you share with Dhruv.

Alya - Maybe agar Manik Dhruv se baat karke uske insecurities ko dur karne mein help kare toh?

Nandini - Alya, you know that Manik tum logon ke liye kuch bhi karega. But as far as I understand Manik, he's in denial about the fact Dhruv aur uske beech mein kuch galat bhi ho sakta hai. Jab Dhruv ki baat aati hai, Manik doesn't think straight. But if you still want, tum Manik se baat kar sakti ho and ask for his help.

Mukti - Alya, I think Nandini is right. Involving Manik is not a good idea. Agar Dhruv Manik ko kuch bhi keh deta hai toh Manik bohot hurt ho jaata hai.

Nandini - You don't have to worry about that. I'll take care of Manik.

Alya - Nahi. I can't let Manik get hurt because of Dhruv and me again. I think I'll have a straight-forward conversation with Dhruv once and if he's not on the same page as I am, then I think you're right Nandini. If Dhruv can't deal with his own insecurities and that too for a friend he's known all his life, then maybe he's not worth it. I deserve someone way better than that. I should focus on myself and getting better. Thanks Nandini.

Nandini was caught quite off-guard when Alya came forward and gave her a hug but nevertheless, she hugged her back. This was a start of a new friendship too.

Nandini - I'm glad I could help. And you can come talk to me anytime you want. I'll always be there for you.

Mukti - You know Manik ne apni poori life mein sirf ek kaam dhang ka kiya hai. He got Nandini into our lives. Warna toh poora ka poora useless hai.

Nandini - Ab neeche chale? Before all 3 of them come up?

Mukti - Haan chalo, let's go.

In the meanwhile, Manik, Dhruv and Cabir were huddled onto Cabir's phone on a dating app swiping left or right trying to find a nice guy for Cabir.

Dhruv - Yeh accha dikh raha hai.

Cabir - Are you mad Dhruv. Kitna chomu hai.

Manik - But his profile description is decent.

Cabir - Bro. Profile description mein sab accha hi likhte hai.

Manik - How are you going to find that out if you don't go on a date at least. Let's swipe right. Talk to him. And then reject him.

Cabir - Mann... The dating market is so bad. Koi dhang ka ladka hi nahi hai.

Mukti - I agree yaar Cabir. Koi dhang ke ladke hi nahi milte aajkal.

Manik - Oh please. What do you mean the dhang ke ladke nahi milte? Hum log kya zombies dikhte hai?

Mukti - Manik. Hum log yehi toh bol rahe hai. You're not a part of this dating market since you're already taken. Jo available hai, woh sab tatti hai.

Manik - Accha chal. Main available nahi hu. Dhruv hai na in the dating market. He's such a nice guy. I'm sure aise aur bhi log hai. You need to look harder and find the right person.

Cabir - It's easier for you to say. Saale, tujhe toh kabhi girlfriend dhoondni hi nahi padi. 13 saal ki umar se girlfriend hai teri. And when you and Alya broke up, Nandini just walked into your life. Hum logon ko pooch yeh dating ka dard kya hota hai.

Manik - Saale kitna bada nautanki hai tu! And at least go on a date to see where it goes. Koi shaadi nahi karwa raha hai teri.

Cabir - Shaadi toh tune kar li hai!

Manik - What?

Cabir gestured to Manik to look towards Nandini who was busy setting up the table for dinner for everyone.

Manik - Haan toh? Big Deal! Tujhe kya problem hai agar meri girlfriend mere ghar pe kuch bhi kare? Just shut up and come eat now.

Just then, Manik's phone rang...

Manik - Guys, Radio O2 ke manager ka phone hai.

He put the phone on speaker so everyone could hear.

Manik - Hello Mr. Chabbra. The Fab 5 are on the line.

Mr. Chabbra - Oh great. Accha hua tum sab line pe ho. Mujhe tum sab se ek important baat kehni thi. Kya aap log kal Radio O2 ki office mein aa sakte ho? 10 am?

Cabir - Sure Sir. Hum aa jayenge.

Mr. Chabbra - Great. See you'll then.

Manik - Mujhe kuch gadbad lag rahi hai. This guy's tone was not right.

Mukti - Jo bhi hai kal wahaan jaakar hi pata chalega.

Nandini - Guys, dinner is ready. Chalo.

Cabir - Arrey. Main nahi kha sakta. Navya ne khaana banaya hoga. Woh firse lecture sunaegi if I don't eat at home.

Nandini - Maine Navya ko already bol diya tha in the evening. Chill.

Cabir - Nandini. You're a star. Tum hum sab ka kitna khayal rakhti ho. I love you.

Manik - Oh hello. Apni limits mein reh. She's MY star. And you should thank your stars today for being gay. Warna mere haath ke 4-5 punches khaane wala tha tu aaj!

Nandini - Manik. Stop it! Cabir, don't take him seriously.

Manik - No Cabir! You should take me very seriously.

Dinner was a fun affair with the whole gang laughing and sharing food. Manik looked around the whole table and saw the closest people in his life happy and laughing. He also had been observing how Nandini had become as important to his friends - even the girls. Finally, he felt happy as he knew he may never have to choose between his friends and Nandini now. She was equally loved by all his friends now and Nandini always understood what his friends meant to him. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

52.7K 2.3K 16
Read story to know
522K 52.9K 126
This is a series of OS, on different events. Some imaginary and some related to real incident. Hope u will enjoy it :)
178K 12K 52
A story of Three people who are very protective of one young innocent boy who has his own share of monsters from childhood. Life of a innocent boy w...
38.2K 2.5K 66
Their Endless Love🔐♥♥♥♥ And Burning Desire🔥 (Mafiaas Love😈❤️)