once upon an us ↞ jenmin

بواسطة jenjentle

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗲 "𝗢𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘂𝗽𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲" 𝗶𝘀 𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵... المزيد

introductory note
aesthetics + playlist
ONE, recollections of old.
TWO, the past caught up.
THREE, problems.
FOUR, change of heart.
FIVE, regrets and consequences.
SIX, her life's getting worse.
SEVEN, trying to get back up.
EIGHT, it's complicated.
NINE, moments of weakness.
TEN, conflict.
TWELVE, starting of a new bond.
THIRTEEN, progress.
FOURTEEN, a potential change.
FIFTEEN, songs bring back memories.
SIXTEEN, sensual.
SEVENTEEN, trying.
EIGHTEEN, contemplation.
NINETEEN, new beginnings.
TWENTY, sick.
TWENTY-ONE, approaching the elephant.
TWENTY-TWO, a son's love.
TWENTY-THREE, starting over.
TWENTY-FOUR, shopping.
TWENTY-FIVE, a confession & reconciliation.
TWENTY-SIX, mood swings.
TWENTY-SEVEN, the end of a new beginning.
EPILOGUE, two years later.
end note

ELEVEN, tensions and reliefs.

749 62 26
بواسطة jenjentle

Jennie gulped as she stared at taehyung in front of her, Seo Ha behind her.

They both didn't say anything until Taehyung just ignored her, forcing his way past her and leaving.

Jennie didn't know what to do. The door had been left open, and she could see jimin sitting on the couch, not meeting her eye.

Her heart was thumping over what she just heard.

he tried cutting again

Fuck, she hated herself for doing hurting him more.

She chose to enter hesitantly, and when Jimin didnt object, she closed the door gently and walked to him.

he tried cutting again

"Jimin?" she whispered. His back was turned away from her, and she had a feeling he had started crying.

She reached for his shoulder. Just when she lightly touched, he shook her hand away

"Dont"

She ignored the pang of hurt, chewing on her bottom lip.

It was like that for a while. Jennie standing just staring while Jimin tried to get himself together. Seo Ha could sense the tension and also kept quiet, sucking on the last lollipop from the packet Jimin had bought for them over two weeks ago.

He finally turned around, nose slightly red and eyes puffy. His fluffy hair was in a mess from running his hands through it multiple times. He had thought about what taehyung said and decided he was right: there was no way Seo Ha could be his child, why would Jennie want to talk about him unless its for money?

Tae's words had been like a punch to his gut.

He finally looked up at Jennie, and addressed her neutrally "Jennie. You can sit"

"Oh, right" she sat down a bit further away, sensing he probably didnt want her near him, and set Seo Ha on her lap.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Jennie nervously bit the inside of her mouth. It had taken a lot of courage for her to come in the first place. She knew she needed to get over with it. However, before she could talk-

"Mommy, is this the nice uncle who give me candy?"

Jennie chuckled "Yes Seo Ha"

The child looked at Jimin with big brown eyes "Why is uncle sad?"

Jimin genuinely smiled at Seo Ha, ruffling his hair "Dont worry bud. Uncle's happy now"

"I am happy if uncle happy" Seo Ha concluded, and gave Jimin his eye smile. Jimin laughed, "What a sweet child"

Jennie smiled at the sight, before remembering what she came here for.

"Ah yes Jimin. You see-"

"Let's talk in korean, jennie" jimin said, switching to his native language.

She conceded, also switching to korean "You remember that time we met five years ago in the business gala?"

He nodded.

"And then we had a masquerade party after that?"

"If you're going to reminisce memories and try to make me miss you so that I'll get back together with you, don't bother"

Jennie looked at him in shock, what the fuck?

its okay, jennie, calm down. he's probably still messed up from his conversation with taehyung. besides, he has no right to treat you nicely after you hurt him.

calm down, tell him about his son, and leave.

Instead of firing back an insult like she usually would, Jennie continued on like as if he hadn't said that.

"Well, I was there too. I don't know if you know, or care, but I hadn't moved on at all. I was pretty shaken seeing you at the gala so in the party, I was drinking a lot. I saw you sitting nearby and couldn't control myself to talk you. I recognised you with the mask on but I don't think you recognised me."

"I was extremely drunk that day so I don't think I did" Jimin agreed, wondering where she was going with this.

"Well I started talking to you then, but we starting, um, making out and things got a little out of hand. You were drunk beyond your wits and definitely wouldn't remember anything. Although I wasn't as drunk, there was enough alcohol to make me lose control of myself and not stop myself from making out with you when you initiated. And yeah, basically, we had a one night stand"

Jimin looked at her in disbelief "Impossible-"

She shook her head "Let me finish. I had woken up early and left and left you a note, signing it as Min Seojin. You haven't really seen me write it in english before so I knew you wouldn't find out it was actually me."

Jimin was at a loss for a second. "W-what if you're just making all of this up?"

She gave a dry laugh "If I'm making it up, how would I know you were left with a note signed by 'Min Seojin'? And why would I try so hard to just make this up?"

Without letting him reply to her rhetorical question, she continued.

"So that's what I wanted to say: Seo Ha is your son. I didn't come here to beg to get back with you. I'm not some fucking gold digger, Jimin, like how your friend insinuated."

All this while they had been conversing in korean so that Seo Ha wouldn't understand. he only a few basic phrases here and there, so he quietly watched, sucking on his lollipop stick.

His mother sounded angry.

Jennie was angry.

She couldn't believe Jimin and Taehyung would think she would come like that for money. After getting over the shock about Jimin cutting again, she recalled what taehyung said and felt like punching him.

"N-no way, jennie! I always use protection!"

"I know you did" she said calmly "I was one of those lucky few who go pregnant anyway. But I don't regret my child. Seo Ha has made my life feel worth living the moment I quit."

Jimin couldn't digest it "Y-you're lying"

"Why would I lie? It all makes sense. the gala and masquerade party were two months before I quit. And I quit because I was pregnant. It was all over the news Jimin, they just couldn't leave me alone."

"He can't be my son-" he muttered in denial and jennie pursed her lips but was cut off by Seo Ha.

"Is mommy angry?"

The two adults paused in action, and faltered at the boy looking at them innocently.

"U-uhm, nono, baby, mommy's fine now." Jennie managed to force out, petting her son's head.

"It's uncle Chim's fault" he continued.

Jimin paled.

Since when is he so smart?

Well he is MY child.

"No it's not Seo Ha... It's a small problem, okay? Don't worry uncle Chim and I just need to talk" she smiled reassuringly at her son "So just give us a few minutes okay?"

The child nodded hesitantly, but decided to snuggle back into his mother's embrace and watched the two adults converse.

Jennie looked back at Jimin, recalling where they had stopped and then continued:

"Look, I even had a dna test done. I had to pay the doctor not to leak it to the world too: that asshole" she said, pulling out a file from her bag and showing it to Jimin.

She let him flip through it patiently for a few minutes, waiting for him to digest the news. After finally getting this off her shoulders, she felt much better.

"You took this dna test four years ago. Why didn't you tell me immediately?"

"I had tried calling you for days, but either you weren't in korea or you changed your number. I tried emailing too, twice, but I didn't get a reply"

"Oh... that email got leaked once and I got a lot of spam emails. I hadn't checked it since it was leaked." he mumbled.

"Oh"

"Yeah, oh"

He sighed heavily, resting his hand against the sofa. Jennie looked at him nervously, heart racing.

"So... what's your decision?"

She still had a small hope that he would get back together with her. She still loved him, although she didn't deserve him.

"Decision?"

"Like, do you want the child or-"

"Of course I want Seo Ha! He's my child!"

He exclaimed in a harsh tone. Jennie squeezed her eyes for a second to calm herself down as she felt the frustration piling up.

The lack of sleep really was getting to her.

Jimin noticed her reaction and massaged his temples "I'm... I'm sorry, Jen" her nickname slipped out so naturally he didn't notice it "It's just a lot to take in"

"Yeah, I understand" she mumbled, feeling small.

He exhaled deeply, ruffling his already messy hair.

After a suffocatingly long pause, she asked "How do you want to settle this? Like, do you want me to bring him over weekend?"

He grasped his chin thoughtfully "That could work. I think that will be fine for now, until I come up with a better plan"

She nodded her head slowly "Oh, okay"

Another pause.

"I guess I'll get goi-"

"No" he stopped her in a low voice, and it sent shivers down her spine. He smiled lightly.

"Today, how about we go somewhere instead?"

×××

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

3.9K 184 36
A short glimpse of the story.... Y/n: I love you tae....but Tae: but what...???? Y/n: I can't be your... Tae: you can't ditch me like this Y/n: sorr...
677 147 50
His dark eyes smoldered dangerously, hugging the girl close to him. He glared at you, his rage immeasurable. "What is wrong with you?" The words hit...
271K 12.9K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...
200K 4.2K 32
My name is Y/N, I'm 17 years old and my family is a fucking ass to me. One day I got tired of it, I was so sweet, so nice, and so innocent but they c...